What's for Dinner?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No kidding. If I ever fall in love with a woman who is a good cook, likes to cook/bake, Im probably going to weight 300 pounds!!! :bulgy-eyes:
My mother was never much of a cook, so I definetly appreciate a good old fashioned, home-cooked meal.
My last girlfriend's mom was a great cook and invited me over for dinner all the time and I swear, I gained like 30 pounds is the 2 1/2 months that I dated her! LOL
Great food + a family that invites me over all the time and never would let me get away without 2 or 3 helpings = a growing waistline!!!

haha yeah... mom and dad can cook well but they are so busy they rarely throw together a nice meal. I try to cook but I don't have enough experience so it doesn't always come out the way I'd like it to.

haha yeah... mom and dad can cook well but they are so busy they rarely throw together a nice meal. I try to cook but I don't have enough experience so it doesn't always come out the way I'd like it to.

Practice. lol I cook very well now, can't say that there were not a few mishaps when I tried a few new things. Keep your head up and try again.

Yeah, my parents always worked a lot of hours and when they got home they sure as heck didnt feeling like cooking, so my brother and I were pretty much on our own when it came to meals.
I grew up eating TV dinners, Hot Pockets and macaroni and cheese.

Practice. lol I cook very well now, can't say that there were not a few mishaps when I tried a few new things. Keep your head up and try again.
I can attest to that. Being a bachelor, Im pretty much on my own, so I had no choice but to learn how to cook.
Im no Rachel Ray, but I can cook some pretty decent meals and Im pretty decent at baking (as long as its out of a box).
Last year for Thanksgiving when I went to my girlfriend's parents I baked a Swiss chocolate cake and they were all totally blown away that I baked a cake. It must have been pretty decent because that cake got eaten up pretty fast.
Another time, which my girlfriend and I had been together a couple weeks I made her dinner at my place. I cooked chicken breast on the grill and I made pasta with parmesan cheese sauce. She said it was good and later on when I met her mom and 2 sisters, they all commented to me that she said Im a good cook and they knew what I cooked for her, so I must not be all bad.
So, you can learn, DD and if you wanna score points with your girlfriend: cook for her. Women love that kinda stuff. :D

yeah... last week I made her steak kabobs with some onions, peppers and tomatos on the grill

she was impressed...

I eat a ham and cheese sandwhich at least 3 times a week

Atta boy, DD. Women love guys who arent afraid to make themselves useful in the kitchen.
If you cook AND do the dishes you will really score some bonus points. LOL
Just dont be too nice, women dont like that. You gotta be nice and then be a jerk, if for no other reason than to keep them guessing. LOL (JUST KIDDING, dont take me seriously on that last part!!!!)

Atta boy, DD. Women love guys who arent afraid to make themselves useful in the kitchen.
If you cook AND do the dishes you will really score some bonus points. LOL
Just dont be too nice, women dont like that. You gotta be nice and then be a jerk, if for no other reason than to keep them guessing. LOL (JUST KIDDING, dont take me seriously on that last part!!!!)

That's it get him in trouble! LOL

LOL...Yeah. Lets just say there is a fine line between being a nice guy and being a doormat.

trust me... playing golf gets me in enough trouble and she hasn't experienced me in full season mode, this simple won't last

Paprika Chicken tonight. (Chicken in a tomato & paprika sauce with green peppers, shallots, chicken stock and sour cream). Served with steamed brown rice and a medley of broccoli spears/mange tout/runner beans tossed in mint butter.

Dessert is fruit salad. (As is usual Monday to Friday).:neutral:

I cook every night so I could be posting in this thread a lot!:laugh:

Paprika Chicken tonight. (Chicken in a tomato & paprika sauce with green peppers, shallots, chicken stock and sour cream). Served with steamed brown rice and a medley of broccoli spears/mange tout/runner beans tossed in mint butter.

Please do! I love reading people's *good* food ideas!

Dont forget we have a recipe exchange thread where we share recipes. Please let us know how you make what you are cooking...:banana:

I made our favourite Indian food for dinner tonight. Butter Chicken served on a bed of Thai Jasmine rice with a side of steamed Broccoli. And of course couldn't forget the Naan.

I must say, it was good! Could have eaten more but had to leave room for the Strawberry/Rhubarb pie :angel:

You spoil that man, GolfGirl--he'd better appreciate it.

The second round of ham-bean soup here, with some sausage and leftover four grain pilaf thrown in. I'll have homemade bisscuits and salad to go with.

trust me... playing golf gets me in enough trouble and she hasn't experienced me in full season mode, this simple won't last

The relationship or the golf?

For dinner last night we had some Grease-a Hut. Tonight since we are going to the funeral home we are going to have hot dogs and maybe mac and cheese. Or chips. Just depends on how much we want to cook.

The relationship or the golf?

For dinner last night we had some Grease-a Hut. Tonight since we are going to the funeral home we are going to have hot dogs and maybe mac and cheese. Or chips. Just depends on how much we want to cook.

of course the golf... her roommates bf is a +1.5 so when we met the other day it was like alright, golf talk

neither of them appreciated it, ultimately it pissed me off

of course the golf... her roommates bf is a +1.5 so when we met the other day it was like alright, golf talk

neither of them appreciated it, ultimately it pissed me off

Sounds like the two of you (him and you) need to hit the course for some golf and dogs at the turn or at the end.

Spoiler
JB I tried to get it back on track.

Sounds like the two of you (him and you) need to hit the course for some golf and dogs at the turn or at the end.

Spoiler
JB I tried to get it back on track.

we went to this pretty solid joint in Havard Square, Jack something brewery... had an amazing pulled pork bbq sandwhich

it was a little greasy but tasty

Grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup.

Flank steak and rice tomorrow.

Looks like McDonald's on Wednesday (we have separate things we have to do that night!).

I had a Fatburger with a fried egg on it for lunch. Im going to have to go with something lighter for dinner. Maybe some seared tuna with a soy lime glaze and soba noodle salad.

Turkey and cheese on a wheat bagel. Used a paper towel as a plate...no dishes tonight!!

I had a Progresso minestrone soup, with some whole grain Club crackers and what was left of a lo carb Monster (I've been here nearly 15 hours now)

I'm tired, the drive home is going to be tough.

Home made pizza, and the rest of my Neal Family cabernet to celebrate the HUGE win!

Nice bottle to celebrate the win with.

I just had some whole wheat pasta with Emeril's kicked up tomato sauce (I love the spicey stuff) and a small ceaser salad with light ceaser dressing.

I think tonight it will be a Chinese buffet. The wife is on a girls night so I have to fend for myself. I've been wanting Chinese and since she doesn't like it I'll go tonight by myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back