My RBZ vs R11s vs 910D3 driver test

waz84

Reaction score
Handicap
I an now playing of 17 and my driver has been improving radically. Been using a 910D3 for a few months and love the low spin face which keeps my ball down. Tend to fight the sweet spot is smaller than the likes of other drivers and I wanted a tad more forgiveness for days when I am not hitting it plum out the centre. My swing speed is 95mph and been using stiff shafted D3. My distance is 220-230 averagely.

With the hype surrounding the RBZ I thought I would try it and see if it offered more forgiveness and distance as TM promise. Went to my local golf shop with launch monitor to test. My spin rate with the D3 was 2700rpm and 220-230 distance. I tried the RBZ and was disappointed. Was getting 4000+rpm spin and high launch. Would only go 210-220 but high ballon flight. On a windy day I doubt it would break 190! Not sure why it was doing this, just couldn't keep it down.

Next tried the R11s and what a difference. Spin was similar to my D3 and distance was similar, sometimes a tad more due to forgiveness on hits off centre. Not sure if anyone else ho found the same issue when trying the RBZ. I walked out with an R11s. Distance wasn't much different from D3 but the extra forgiveness made me take one. Reduced shaft to 44" and only missed 2 fairways. Distance on the course was same as the D3, less then when in the wind as the D3 keeps ball low with slightly lower spin. I just liked the extra forgiveness on off centre hits and the extra tuning available.

The RBZ launched to high for me too. Felt good and has a nice loud sound. I am thinking that I had it teed up high, for benefit of the doubt. 910 would be bagged before the RBZ as I now. R11s with the matrix hd is sweet. I would have liked to try the pjx or 7m3, try don't have tp's or fitting carts yet in Canada. Epic fail IMO, titleist always comes to demos with all the goods. Still will be getting R11s though.

This is exactly what happened with me too. High balloning with RBZ and nothing but awesomeness with R11S.

I am really disappointed with the RBZ. I really think it is marketing by TM which are driving peoples nuts. I have heard people getting good results with the fairway, but the driver just disappointed me.

RBZ was a disappointment for me. I thought that the whole package was poorly done.

I was also underwhelmed by the R11S. I thought that the AMP and VR_S were better.

I tried the RBZ and R11S out at Golfsmith the other day. With a 9 degree in reg flex on solidly struck shots around 89mph swing speed I carried 230s around a 240-250 total. Miss-hits were around 190-210.

R11S was around 220s with less miss-hits. Saw the same with the spin, much more with the RBZ. I currently have an R9 SuperTri, so the R11S with the 460 cc face is very tempting.

I thought that the R9 SuperTri and the R11S were pretty much the same, performance wise.

I thought that the R9 SuperTri and the R11S were pretty much the same, performance wise.

But the R11S is new! And its MORE adjustable! heh heh.:act-up:

Part of me is screaming TMAG can't make a bad club. For me the RBZ was disappointing. It is not even in the bsf 2.0 tp range for me. It may work really good for some, not this guy. R11s is a nice tool though. Part of me thinks that they could have done more though. I think it is just because they launch an uber expensive driver without adequate tools for fitting here in Canada. TMAG really dropped the ball there. I also believe the need to paint shafts is ridiculous even though they look ok. Ok there I my rant, like the 11, there is much better than the RBZ though.

im really disappointed to hear that there goes a club off my list to try

Superstri was my fav driver. The R11 is similar and that is why I like it

Yeah the R11S is similar to the SuperTri. I just thought it was lateral movement.

This is disappointing. I thought for sure that there would be more #driverlove for the RBZ. I'm going to take some cuts with it on Monday.

love my TM SuperTri and replaced the shaft with the Aldila RIP shaft from a Superdeep... still i hit mt old r7 425 TP just has hot has anything created after... Cobra, TM and Callaway... anything.

I'll stick with my 910. Have yet to find anything out on the market that I hit as well as the 910.

When I was at GG yesterday, I notice that my ballflight on the LM was ridiculiously high with the RBZ driver, but nice and mid to low with the RBZ 3W! I didnt get a chance to hit the R11S

That's too bad, I had high hopes for the RBZ. Oh well, I still haven't found anything that out performs my Superdeep TP yet, I'm just dreading the day the face loses it's pop...

Did you guys try the RBZ with the HD6 Shaft? That shaft brought ball flight down so far for me I had to go up to the 10.5 degree head. It felt great for me, but on the 9 degree head i couldnt get any trajectory, this is with about a 112-116 ss.

I heard a equipment company rep say that driver tech was tapped out with the current materials and that is the reason you are seeing TM and Nike push their fairway woods like they are. They aren't going to tell us because they know we will buy whatever they put out.

Saw exactly the same thing...the RBZ spun WAY TOO MUCH for me...My current R11 is a better driver for me than the RBZ.

I'm an old dude and the rbz was launching too high for me....

Agree with a lot of the post. I found the RBZ with even the HD6 terrible. I was all over the place when I played it on the course Sat. Feel was terrible and never knew what the ball flight was gonna do. No it wasnt my swing as I was playing my Cobra ZL Encore and was dead on with it all day.

The R11 or R11s is similar to the supertri for you?

R11s, is more similar to the ST. This is what I think in terms of forgiveness. The size is hardly noticeable looking down compared to the r11. I hit shots out and in and there is definitely ST forgiveness that the R11 did not have when I owned it.

Back