Accenture Match Play Championship Thread (Spoiler)

Anyone else think the Match Play needs to reshuffle when we get down to the final 4? Wouldn't it be more interesting to watch if Westy and Rors had to win this morning to make the finals and fight for #1?

Fify Freddie! LOL

There's only so much you guys can root against Lee until he sucks you in. He'll put on a clinic today folks. He absolutely looks more determined than anyone in this field.
If you believe that, I got a bridge to sell you....to tell you the truth I like all four. If Lee and Mark make the finals it will be a laugher for Lee.
I want rory to take #1 and start running away with it. Why? Cause I really feel that as #1 LW will never live up to the title. He's a really good player but I don't see it past that point. I feel he is missing something to get him past a certain point.

Stop it! What's wrong with you people? Where's Tmex? He and I are the only two dude's in Lee's camp.

Id probably be fine with TCwantsmyWestWOOD but that dumb bracket is wearing me out. Go MAHAN! USA USA USA

For ratings sake, I would agree, but it's a bracketed format and this is how it all worked out. I like Freddie's idea of a double elimination. That would be cool.

Anyone else think the Match Play needs to reshuffle when we get down to the final 4? Wouldn't it be more interesting to watch if Westy and Rors had to win this morning to make the finals and fight for #1?
I think it should be double elimination at some point. So I like your idea

If you believe that, I got a bridge to sell you....to tell you the truth I like all four. If Lee and Mark make the finals it will be a laugher for Lee.
I want rory to take #1 and start running away with it. Why? Cause I really feel that as #1 LW will never live up to the title. He's a really good player but I don't see it past that point. I feel he is missing something to get him past a certain point.

I think the real winner today is Ping. Main OEM sponsor to 3/4

Wtc am I gonna do with a bridge in the mountains? I hear what you're saying. One one hand we have a young kid coming into his own and on the other, we have a dude trying to get as much as he can while he can. Do you think that if Lee does reclaim the #1 spot and wins a Major that his legacy would be more cemented?

Yes!!! And it makes me want i20's even more.

I think it should be double elimination at some point. So I like your idea

This would probably necessitate going down to a 32 man field. I'm still in favor of it, but I doubt they'd get buyin for a 64 man field at double elimination. That'd be a lot of matches over the full week.

They may not all play i20 irons but that is what I see in all 3 bags. i20's FTW

They may not all play i20 irons but that is what I see in all 3 bags. i20's FTW

I'm trying to ignore you but I wanted to quote this b/c I agree.

Also, if they did do double elimination, let that kick in after the 1st round. So the 1st round, if you lose, you go home. After that, if you lose, you move to the losers bracket and play A LOT of golf.

What time does coverage start?

You got that right! PING has had a good year this year.

And TCWMW, I'm also pulling for Lee. I also want Lee to win a major, just so he can get that off of his back.

What time does my wood start, Erins been ignoring me and I need some WantsmywestWOOD love?

Youre a sick man.

I have 56 minutes to poop, clean, and get settled in! Woot woot!

You got that right! PING has had a good year this year.

And TCWMW, I'm also pulling for Lee. I also want Lee to win a major, just so he can get that off of his back.

lmao, TCWMW, I like it.

Not true my man. I got some pre Westwood dominance lovin' this morning. :bye:
Well I guess thats a good thing because TCWMW is about to let you down.

TCWMW doesn't mess around.

I think if lee gets back to #1 and wins a major he will go a tear. He is a steady player but is capable of going on long runs. If he wins say 'the Masters' it would have the same effect it had on Phil. He will put together a few seasons of wins with majors mixed in. Yes this will cement his legacy...but he has to get over that 'Montgomery' money on his back
Wtc am I gonna do with a bridge in the mountains? I hear what you're saying. One one hand we have a young kid coming into his own and on the other, we have a dude trying to get as much as he can while he can. Do you think that if Lee does reclaim the #1 spot and wins a Major that his legacy would be more cemented?

Westwood and Mahan advance, Mahan keeps dropping the birdies and wins 3 and 2 in final.

Totally agree Freddie. Its just so weird that he hasn't won a Major yet. He's certainly been in the mix a few times. Whatever happens today, you can tell he's enjoyed making it this deep in the tourny. He and Rors play a lot of golf together so I expect a lot of scoring from both of them.

Kmac, who you got today? I want to see who the Antonia fan jinxes today.

Rooting for a Westy Mahan final with Westy getting the win. Rory/Westy is going to be tense!

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

Back