julie_m

EveryoneLovesACallyGirl
Reaction score
Is there a way you arrange the clubs in your bag? Or is it helter skelter? I have so many new dividers, I don't know what to do with myself! (It's not that many, but my old bag had just four slots so I just jammed em in there. I feel like I should give this one more thought.)

I usually have a mish mash setup.

I put my woods in the back (the farthest point away from the back end of a riding cart and away from the handle) because they are the longest clubs. I have a 14 way divided bag with the rows being 3-4-4-3. I set it up: Row 1: 1W-3W-5W; Row 2: 9W-4H-5I-6I; Row 3: 7I-8I-9I-10I; Row 4: PW-SW-P. Short clubs to the front, long clubs to the back. Easier to see the club I want. Not that it helps my score, I'm just anal that way!

EDIT: If using a stand bag (while carrying) I put the woods in the slot closest to the handle and the strap and work my way back.

Another EDIT: I was wrong, mine is a 3-3-4-4 setup. But I keep the clubs in the same order as above. The 6I moves down to row 3 and the 10I moves down to row 4. I got to thinking and thought maybe what I said before wasn't right and found a picture of the bag with a closeup of the dividers.

vista_blkroyal_sm.jpg
vista_top_sm.jpg

Last edited:
Is there a way you arrange the clubs in your bag? Or is it helter skelter? I have so many new dividers, I don't know what to do with myself! (It's not that many, but my old bag had just four slots so I just jammed em in there. I feel like I should give this one more thought.)

What type bag do you have? Here's a pic of mine. Start at the bottom wedges and work my way up to the lower numbers. Then on the left is, starting from bottom, 3 hybrid, 5w,3w and Driver. Putter has it's own slot. OGIO's woode system lets you keep everything pretty organized and Lord knows I can't stand CHAOS in my golf bag. Guess I'm a little OCD when it comes to that.

My bag takes such questions out of the mix (not my actual bag pictured, but same model):

bagtop.jpg

Wow, both your bags are impressive! Mine's a TM with seven dividers, like I said not a million but more than I'm used to (which would be four, haha!) I mostly want it so my wedges don't clink. And it seems the longest ones will have to go in the front or they'll stick out a foot or two. But it got me curious about everyone.

Here's a picture of my bag for reference. The picture is showing the bag from the top with the stand legs facing you.

701400636_640.jpg

Obviously I put my putter in the putter well in the back.
The next row is my long irons. 4,5,6
Next are my mid irons. 7,8,9
Last are my wedges. PW, AW, SW, LW
Along the right are my woods and hybrid. From back to front 3W, 5W, 7W, 3H

My bag has 5 slots for clubs in a 2-2-1 pattern

Driver/4 wood in slot One
3 & 4 irons in slot Two
5, 6 & 7 irons in slot Three
8, 9 & PW in slot Four
GW, SW, LW & putter in slot Five

Makes it easier for me to find them and easier to realize if I've left one behind.

I have a staff bag with six compartments. I place my driver in the top left section, my 3, 5 & 7 wood in the top right section, my 4 & 5 hybrid in the middle right section, my 6, 7 & 8 irons in the middle left section, my 9-iron, PW in the bottom left section, and my 54 & 58 wedges with putter in the bottom right section.

Sometimes, I will rotate in my 4 or 5 iron and GW depending on the weather and course conditions.

Last edited:
Mine's got 14 dividers, 3 on top, 4, 4, and 3 more on bottom.

when it's on it's legs, it lays out like this:

Driver | 4 Wood | 21° hybrid
24° hybrid | 5 | 6 | 7
8 | 9 | PW | UW
SW | LW | Putter​

Wow, this is turning into a "coolest setup" contest. I feel like I should pick a winner and send them a free head cover and THP towel! :smile:

I organize mine by club type. I have my woods at the top, irons in the middle and my wedges, chipper and putter at the bottom.

I keep my putter, woods and hybrids up front. My wedges in the back, irons on the second row kind of. It really does not make sense, but im afraid to change it.
IMG_0830.jpg

I set my bag up similar to most others in here. I generally walk, so I have a stand bag. The putter goes in the putter well. Woods in the back, then long irons to short irons and wedges in the front. I find that it makes them easier to grab out of the bag when the stand is deployed.

My bag takes such questions out of the mix (not my actual bag pictured, but same model):

bagtop.jpg

I like this setup a lot, as well as the revolver.
Had an Ogio bag & while overall I liked it's features, I just never cared for the "Woode club management system". Doesn't seem like much of a system to me.

I have a Walter Hagen cart bag with 14 individual slots, each slot has a clip lock to hold the clubs in place. And it has the zipperless ball pocket as well. May not be as flashy as some bags but it certainly has all the features to more than make up for it.

bagtop.jpg

I like that setup (nice clubs too! :D).

Set Up

Set Up

I am probably like most others in that I have Driver, woods in back with hybrids next row and then 6,7,8,9, irons next then Pw, Gw, 54* and 60* next and putter.

Same as the typical 14 club set up. The only strange thing I do is driver/wood/hybrids go from longest to shortest left to right. Woods and wedges go right to left. I haven't the faintest idea why.

Same as the typical 14 club set up. The only strange thing I do is driver/wood/hybrids go from longest to shortest left to right. Woods and wedges go right to left. I haven't the faintest idea why.

I kinda do the same thing. My driver is always in the top left, fairway woods top right, 3-5 irons in the mid left, 6-PW in the mid right, putter in the lower right and wedges in the lower right.
Thats the way Ive always done it, no particular reason why.
Im definetly considering getting a Bagboy Revolver though. I like how each club has its own little slot (that way they dont rattle together) and how you can spin it around to more easily get at the club you want.
If I get a lot of money back on my taxes this year I just might buy one.

My other OGIO with my other irons, wedges and another driver.

I used to arrange it, PW, 52, 56. 9,8,7. 6,5,4

but then they get messed up so I gave up.

1W, 3W, Putter
3 Hybrid,4,5
9,pw,lw,sw
Top To bottom

Back