The Honda Classic Thread (Spoilers)

Northern Irish, yep, so as British as I am then (Wales)... Tiger couldn't get a spot on the Euro tour at the mo, we'd prefer he stays over there with the non-best players in the world, the or "The Casey's" as we call them :)

BTW - for clarification, I don't have to put <joke> around all the stuff I'm typing right, you all know I'm not being serious? I don't want it to get misinterpreted!

Lol dude you dont. I just hate Rory but I enjoy the banter.

But you should probably not joke about Paul. I think he is going to put young Rory in his place soon. paul would've won this tourney by at least 6 strokes.

He's irish. Now you're splitting hairs. You'd claim Tiger Woods if you could.

This reminds me of the chappelle's show racial draft. So funny. SILENCIO

Oh and I think you guys are making too big of a deal about the cursing. Frustration is part of the game and I like seeing those guys let it all out.

Lol dude you dont. I just hate Rory but I enjoy the banter.

But you should probably not joke about Paul. I think he is going to put young Rory in his place soon. paul would've won this tourney by at least 6 strokes.

Not even if he'd had my handicap...

:D

Not even if he'd had my handicap...

:D

LOL! I can't wait until we have a Rory/Paul matchup to go back and forth with. I'm claiming Paul Casey as Mexican now. He lives in Scottsdale. Which to me is northern Mexico.

Pretty hard not to pick on Tiger in this instance. He knows the cameras are on him, he knows he had kids following him, he knows that ever single thing he says or does is going to be noticed. That comes with being one of the best golfers ever, rather he likes it or not, he needs to be more conscious of those things. That's not to say other golfers should be allowed to say or do whatever, they're in the same boat, but guess what, if it happens, chances are it goes unnoticed.

Being a athlete at a high level in general and even at the amateur level comes with a responsibility of carrying yourself in a professional manner. As an example, when I was in high school, our high school hockey team would fill the rink. It was a very popular spot for locals to come to, to watch us play weekly. Anyways so I missed the net on one instance and yelled out the F word. I went to my girlfriend's (at that time) house a day later and her little 10 year old cousin knew it was me and he knew what the word meant.

Point being, in any sport where there are spectators, the athletes playing the sport need to have that in the back of their mind and someone like Tiger, who in under the microscope needs to be even more aware than most.

As someone that played quite a few sports growing up including some at a high level, they are not the same. Do I think TW should clean this part of his game up? Yes I do and so does he (as he mentioned himself). However playing high school sports is not even in the same league. I know the Morgan Cup is not the same as the PGA Tour, but when you have cameras pointed at you as you play golf and it is being shown to the entire world, it is a completely different game. Swings are different, scenarios are different and most importantly pressure is different.

LOL! I can't wait until we have a Rory/Paul matchup to go back and forth with. I'm claiming Paul Casey as Mexican now. He lives in Scottsdale. Which to me is northern Mexico.

TBH, with your sense of geography, I'm surprised you DON'T think Casey is from Mexico... :arrogant:

I'd love for Tiger to play more Euro Tour golf.

I don't know dude. If you were that good, do you think you would want to travel that much? You would have to get those electrical converters too, that would suck if you forgot it. HAHA

Not to be mean in anyway but playing in high school is nothing like being a pro. Every athlete should be responsible but in fairness to the top ten golfers in the event, we should probably take this talk to another thread.

Point being as an athlete who is participating in a game that is being watched by spectators, you have a responsibility.

Not to me mean, but you clearly did not read my entire post and choice to pick out that one paragraph, when I even started that it is not the same as being a professional. I used as a general example and because the example was so general that someone such as Tiger or any other top tier athlete should be more aware of their language and behaviour because if it can happen on that small of a scale, then clearly it's going to happen when you have millions of viewers.

As I stated before I am a fan of Tiger, that was just one instance yesterday where I thought he should be aware of how he handles a situation.

Point being as an athlete who is participating in a game that is being watched by spectators, you have a responsibility.

Not to me mean, but you clearly did not read my entire post and choice to pick out that one paragraph, when I even started that it is not the same as being a professional. I used as a general example and because the example was so general that someone such as Tiger or any other top tier athlete should be more aware of their language and behaviour because if it can happen on that small of a scale, then clearly it's going to happen when you have millions of viewers.

As I stated before I am a fan of Tiger, that was just one instance yesterday where I thought he should be aware of how he handles a situation.

:beat-up: My point is you're harping on Tiger but quite a few athletes deserve the same harp.

As someone that played quite a few sports growing up including some at a high level, they are not the same. Do I think TW should clean this part of his game up? Yes I do and so does he (as he mentioned himself). However playing high school sports is not even in the same league. I know the Morgan Cup is not the same as the PGA Tour, but when you have cameras pointed at you as you play golf and it is being shown to the entire world, it is a completely different game. Swings are different, scenarios are different and most importantly pressure is different.

TBH, with your sense of geography, I'm surprised you DON'T think Casey is from Mexico... :arrogant:

Nah, he is jsut Northern Irish. Who wants to be Welsh anyway? Not Rory. The winner of the 2012 Honda Classic!

:beat-up: My point is you're harping on Tiger but quite a few athletes deserve the same harp.

and my point being is that if it would have happened to someone else, I still would have the same view, but it didn't happen to someone else, it happened to Tiger.

If Rory would have done this, I would be on his back.

If Lee would have done this, I would be on his case.....and so would his mom by the sounds.

I can't wait for the Ryder Cup. I'd even let you guys have Rory, just for a laugh.

No wonder you're a Rory fan!

God no, I hate the fella. I'd rather watch sub-standard hacking, or "Casey Golf" as we call it over here...

God no, I hate the fella. I'd rather watch sub-standard hacking, or "Casey Golf" as we call it over here...

Please, tell me when I've gone too far...

Please, tell me when I've gone too far...

The minute you insulted Casey you've gone too far!!!!! :alien:

Maybe we can just all agree that Rory won and putzed his way to the finish????

No, that is Euro hair all the way. :D

Fair point. You're not getting MAJ either, by that criteria.

We'll dress Henrik Stenson in some loose fit beige and walk him over to you then.

Fair point. You're not getting MAJ either, by that criteria.

We'll dress Henrik Stenson in some loose fit beige and walk him over to you then.

See we have rules. They have to have proper hair (see Rickie Fowler) and they have to have visited the dentist in the last 14 years. Outside of that its a free for all, but you can see how that limits our choices. :D

The minute you insulted Casey you've gone too far!!!!! :alien:

Not sure it's possible to argue that, by anyone.

Well, if you'd just said that to begin with mun... :)

JB said:
They have to have proper hair (see Rickie Fowler)

Really??? Haven't you seen his face lately? :)

Well, if you'd just said that to begin with mun... :)

Really??? Haven't you seen his face lately? :)

Looks like he's trying to impersonate Cap'n Jack Sparrow

Back