The Official 2011 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
As expected, the Steelers do not use the franchise tag. Hopefully they work out a long term deal with Mike Wallace over the next month. And sign Cotchery.

Brees not happy:
Drew Brees is "livid" about being franchise tagged and not receiving a long-term contract, according to WIST-AM in New Orleans. The radio station cites sources in the Brees camp that he will not sign the franchise tag deal. Brees and the Saints have until July 15 to hammer out a long-term deal. If a deal isn't struck, Brees must sign the franchise tag deal or hold out.
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/rapid-reports/post/17605176

Posturing. It's what Brees does best. He's a Sealy Posturer Pedic.

Kevin

I'm completely blown away that the saints haven't gotten a deal done with Brees. I would be SO ticked off if I were a saint's fan. I would very much like to see him take it to right before the first game then announce his retirement. After this and now the other news I hope the saints go down in flames and become the "aint's" again for a long time.

Titans tag Griffin. Yawn.

Proud of my Texans organization and Foster. They shook each other's hand in faith and it looks like they both held up their end of the agreement. According to Foster's agent, he's very happy about the deal and happy that the team did what they said. Foster made $575,000 last year after being the top rusher in 2010.

5 year deal worth up to 43.5 mil with 20.75 guaranteed...18 million base with incentives next year.

Brees not happy:
Drew Brees is "livid" about being franchise tagged and not receiving a long-term contract, according to WIST-AM in New Orleans. The radio station cites sources in the Brees camp that he will not sign the franchise tag deal. Brees and the Saints have until July 15 to hammer out a long-term deal. If a deal isn't struck, Brees must sign the franchise tag deal or hold out.
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/rapid-reports/post/17605176

Posturing. It's what Brees does best. He's a Sealy Posturer Pedic.

Kevin

I could swear I remember him stating during the season he knew this was just business. Either way, it's about time Drew morph from the once humble and likeable to the now turdable, whiney and arrogant athlete type we all love to see.

I'm completely blown away that the saints haven't gotten a deal done with Brees. I would be SO ticked off if I were a saint's fan. I would very much like to see him take it to right before the first game then announce his retirement. After this and now the other news I hope the saints go down in flames and become the "aint's" again for a long time.

You think Drew is a Saint? Alot of people do. It's pretty funny to me.

Stoked that the Colts got a deal worked out with Robert Mathis!

Manning being cut tomorrow....

I knew this was coming, but this hurts alot. I am a colts fan first and foremost, but words cannot explain how much Peyton has done for this franchise.

Wish you well Peyton and I honestly had to wipe tears from my eyes reading this.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Will be weird to see Manning in anything but a Colts jersey.

How long before the Colts are relevant again? I think it may be quite a while....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now we can start speculating where he lands. Which is probably all dependent on his workouts. But Id have to think Arizona is high on the waiting list to work him out.

Now we can start speculating where he lands. Which is probably all dependent on his workouts. But Id have to think Arizona is high on the waiting list to work him out.

KC, AZ, MIA in that order are my guesses.

Will be weird to see Manning in anything but a Colts jersey.

How long before the Colts are relevant again? I think it may be quite a while....

Especially when Saturday, Freeney, Garcon, and Wayne leave b/c of this.

He'll be in Washington I reckon. Imagine that, Eli vs. Big Broski, twice a year.

Especially when Saturday, Freeney, Garcon, and Wayne leave b/c of this.

He'll be in Washington I reckon. Imagine that, Eli vs. Big Broski, twice a year.

I think that he would not want to play his bro twice a year.

The Colts will be fine. Look how things turned out for the Packers after Favre retired, then unretired, then retired, then unretired, then was traded. One year to get Rodgers feet wet and things were fine.

And everyone knows Luck is the next coming of Peyton Manning.

Kevin

Id rather have Peyton in DC for a couple years then RG3 there for 10. I like RG3 but I dont want to see him ruined by wearing a foreskins jersey.

Up next: Garcon, Wayne, and Saturday.

The Colts are going to be turrible next year. I hope Luck doesn't get damaged.

I think all 3 of those guys are free agents (and Saturday may retire) so they may leave on their own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back