TaylorMade Burner SuperFast 2.0 Fairway Wood Review Thread

Just something to toss in here, I had to learn how to really smooth my swing, so you might consider what your standard swing looks like. I'm one who really attacks the ball, hope that makes sense, but this club just won't respond to that and I learned it from others who had it. A slower transition and less active hands seem to work well with this very hot face. Hope that helps.

I noticed that as well, forced me to be a little more cognizant of pausing at the top. Isn't a bad thing cause it helps me get my hips around.

--
tapatalk

505 par 5. Drive 275. 230 left to the pin. Ball in the ruff, flyer lie. Taylormade 3 Hybrid to 7 feet. Priceless.

505 par 5. Drive 275. 230 left to the pin. Ball in the ruff, flyer lie. Taylormade 3 Hybrid to 7 feet. Priceless.

Nice job Pylon, what a shot. Looks like you have almost a full bag of 2.0's there, congrats.

sorry if it's already been stated but what size tip is on this 3 wood?i'm wanting to replace the regular shaft on my one with a stiff shaft and i need to know what i'm looking for on ebay.

cheers.

Couple weeks ago I went to Golfsmith and traded my R11 3 wood in for the 2.0 Superfast 3 wood. The R11 3 wood was not happening for me. I didn't like the feel (felt like a tank when I hit the ball) and I was spraying the ball around everywhere with it. I was hitting better drives than 3 wood shots. Not good. Golfsmith gave me $90 for the trade in R11 3 wood. I left owing $70 for the Superfast 2.0 3 wood.

I played 4 rounds of golf in 3 days that weekend and all I can say is WOW to the 2.0 Superfast 3 wood! The feel is so much better and the initial shots that I had with the club were far and away better than before. Needless to say, this will be staying in the bag for awhile.

Couple weeks ago I went to Golfsmith and traded my R11 3 wood in for the 2.0 Superfast 3 wood. The R11 3 wood was not happening for me. I didn't like the feel (felt like a tank when I hit the ball) and I was spraying the ball around everywhere with it. I was hitting better drives than 3 wood shots. Not good. Golfsmith gave me $90 for the trade in R11 3 wood. I left owing $70 for the Superfast 2.0 3 wood.

I played 4 rounds of golf in 3 days that weekend and all I can say is WOW to the 2.0 Superfast 3 wood! The feel is so much better and the initial shots that I had with the club were far and away better than before. Needless to say, this will be staying in the bag for awhile.

Good stuff here Nate. Still have mine in the bag and lovein it!

I'm eyeing this .... been wondering what I was going to get to replace my old home built 5 and 7 woods, might even replace my HiBore XLS 3w with one of these.

welllll I coulda put this in the PONDERING OEM thread, but Liked it here better.

Thanks to all those who came before me testing this product and posting your reviews !

Due your stuff is OUTSTANDING ! Nicely Done!

Last edited:
I'm eyeing this .... been wondering what I was going to get to replace my old home built 5 and 7 woods, might even replace my HiBore LXS 3w with one of these.

welllll I coulda put this in the PONDERING OEM thread, but Liked it here better.

Thanks to all those who came before me testing this product and posting your reviews !

Due your stuff is OUTSTANDING ! Nicely Done!

Wow, thanks for the very kind words omikey. I'm sure you will love this style of club in the long run, mine has a spot until something beats it out, if ever. It was not love at first sight, these want to be smoothed and my come out of the shoes swing had to change to hit this.

Today I went shopping in the city for a few Xmas gifts. I decided to go and pick up the r11 fairway wood that I had out a deposit on. I went in and saw all the burner 2.0's sitting there. When I put the deposit down they only had the burner in a stiff flex and I didn't hit it well. I decided to give it a shot in a regular shaft while I was there. All I can say is WOW. I immediately changed my mind and bought the 3wood there and then. It felt like it was flying off the face and according to the launch monitor I was hitting it high and around 240 yards. The r11 I was getting around 200 years on the monitor. I took it straight out to a range and it was going going somewhere between the 200-250 yard markers and it was pretty windy. It was also going perfectly straight which is the main reason I got a 3wood. To use off the tee on tight holes and when my driver isn't playing nice. I am loving this wood. Going to take it out to the course tomorrow and leave the driver at home so I can get a good test in with it.

Very cool, I know you will be loving this thing. Straight is what the 2.0 does for me and the distances with such an easy smooth swing is just hard to comprehend.

Can't wait to hear your long term thoughts, especially off the deck.

Tap,Tap,Tap

Nice to hear all these great reviews of the burner 2.0 3 wood! I have been eyeing this club for a while now and haven't had time to go hit one. I've just gotten back into golf in the last 6 months after a 10 year gap and will be getting new clubs for Christmas. Def. can't wait to give this one a shot!

Nice to hear all these great reviews of the burner 2.0 3 wood! I have been eyeing this club for a while now and haven't had time to go hit one. I've just gotten back into golf in the last 6 months after a 10 year gap and will be getting new clubs for Christmas. Def. can't wait to give this one a shot!

Hope this works for you. There's a lot of great options out there, so have fun trying them all.

Was thinking about pulling the trigger on a Superfast 2.0 now that the prices have come down, but now this "RocketBallz" has my attention :( What to to, what to do...

Was thinking about pulling the trigger on a Superfast 2.0 now that the prices have come down, but now this "RocketBallz" has my attention :( What to to, what to do...

Watch for the price of this, lol. A piece on twitter showed DJ hitting it 320 yards... a 3w

I think the rbz will push the burner prices quite low if it sells as much as taylormade think it will. It's hard to see what is marketing hype and what is actual tech. Yeah some tour players were hitting it 17 yards longer but for the average Joe that would be much less. So well see just how close the rbz and the burner really are soon enough.

Re-read this thread because I'm replacing my old 5W with the SF2.0 3Wood. I'm getting it today and will head out to the range as soon as I get home. When I first hit this it was a monster, especially off the tee. I wouldn't be suprised if this 3W challenges my R11 in distance. I love the oversized 3W head. Great work on the long term reviews as well thedue.

Re-read this thread because I'm replacing my old 5W with the SF2.0 3Wood. I'm getting it today and will head out to the range as soon as I get home. When I first hit this it was a monster, especially off the tee. I wouldn't be suprised if this 3W challenges my R11 in distance. I love the oversized 3W head. Great work on the long term reviews as well thedue.

Thanks for the kind words Mardin, I have little doubt you will love this 3 wood. You mentioned the oversized head and honestly, with the shallow face, it dose not seem all that big over the ball to me. Playing in the crazy wind we had yesterday I had to depend on mine more than usual off of tight lie's and it didn't let me down a bit. Good luck to you, hope to hear your thoughts on this one soon.

I'll be playing on Sunday for my company golf league. But I went to the range today after work and this club is just how I remember. I was demolishing balls off the tee with this club. The face was very hot and all of the ball I hit we're very straight, I even hit a few draws. I was having an issue hitting it off the deck it figured out that I needed to use more of a sweeping motion. This is the first time I've had a 3W in my bag since 2009.

Tapped that!

So, how does everybody think the SF 2.0 stacks against the RBZ 3wood?

Personally, I thought the RBZ felt heavier with a shorter shaft. I just couldn't get the same sense of confidence as I do with my SF 2.0.
However, I'd definitely will be giving it another demo before I decide my current SF 2.0 3W better suits me.
I hit the RBZ on average about 225, which is near 10 yards shorter than my SF 2.0.

The same goes for hybrids.
Maybe I'm just not hitting the RBZ as clean as I do with my SF 2.0's.

Personally, I thought the RBZ felt heavier with a shorter shaft. I just couldn't get the same sense of confidence as I do with my SF 2.0.
However, I'd definitely will be giving it another demo before I decide my current SF 2.0 3W better suits me.
I hit the RBZ on average about 225, which is near 10 yards shorter than my SF 2.0.

I went through this exact same question in my head recently. For me the RBZ takes a bit of getting used to but once I did for me there was about an extra 10 yards over the SF 2.0 and it launched lower than my SF wood (I tend to hit my SF with mid-high flight and the RBZ with mid ball flight which I prefer). Hitting them off the turf they feel similar for me but I have struggled recently hitting woods off the turf. I use my woods mainly off the tee.
Having said all this the SF 2.0 is a fantastic 3 wood and whilst I am going to buy the RBZ at some point I can't bring myself to pull it from my bag at the moment as it is my go to club off the tee. I use it more often than my driver and I love it to bits, the face is so hot. In terms of value for money the SF 2.0 is incredible value at the moment now that the RBZ is out.

I've not had the good fortune to try an RBZ yet. It may be some time before I'm traveling again, so I'll have to stick with my 2.0, but hope you guy's continue to update us on the comparison's.

I didn't get the SF 2.0 FW, YET, but I did buy the SF 2.0 4i hybrid !

WHOOOT dayum that thing is HAWT !!!! LOVE IT !!

I can draw it, fade it, hit it straight !!

I could NEVER, EVER hit a 4i like that .... hitting it between 180 - 190

Luv'n the sound too ! nice solid THAWCK !!!!

Looking forward to a chance to hit the FW !

Thanks for all the reviews folks !!!!

This may be my next purchase

searching these bad boys on eBAY .... lots of good prices for USED clubs, that's OK with me as long as it's still 'sound'

I see them with this description:

[h=1]TAYLORMADE BURNER SUPERFAST 2.0 15* 3 WOOD MATRIX OZIK XCON 4.8 REGULAR[/h](sorry for the big letters, it's just the way it pasted in here)

what's the difference between the 'stock' shaft and the one in this listing ?

I know this is a 'difficult question' but I feel the need to ask ...

Due - what shaft is in the club you're playing ?

What shaft would one consider with a swing speed in the upper 90's

So I decided to get a round in yesterday and I had my new SF 2.0 3W in my bag. I used it on many occasions and of course there will be some adjustment with this club but I have a feeling that it will be a club that stays in my bag for a very very long time.

The long shaft was a feature that scared me at first with this club, but I took theDue's advice and focused on tempo with this club, I also worked more on making a sweeping motion of the deck as well. The club is light (obvious statement of the year). The lightness of the club allows me to focus on the head making better impact when I turn over my wrist.

My first shot with the club was absolutely duffed. I hit the ball about 50 yards off the tee into the fairway. This was mainly because I picked my head up too soon. My second shot came on an approach shot on a par 5. It was my second shot and I had about 220 to go. I pulled out the 3W and focused on tempo and making a sweeping motion off the deck. WOW!. The ball rocketed off the face and shot into the sky with a penetrating ball flight like something I've never seen before (well with me at least). The ball landed on the greens skirt and rolled right up onto the fringe, giving me the chance to putt for Eagle.

The first words out of my mouth were, "Damn that club is long, maybe too long." (mind you, I'm not a long hitter so 220 with a 3W is a bomb.) I hit the club a few more times with about the same results. It was very windy on the course I was playing, so I had to focus on keeping the ball down. I hit the 2.0 off the tee a few times to see just how long it was. I hit a 235 yard drive off the tee with this club. I usually hit my driver 235, so it just shows you how much this club really changed my round. The other thing I noticed about the 2.0 is that it's very accurate once you get used to swinging it. The ball flies with great precision and it wasn't as erratic as I had initially thought it was going to be. This club easily shaved 2 shots off my round yesterday. I'll be playing another round this week, so more thoughts to come.

Back