TaylorMade Burner SuperFast 2.0 Fairway Wood Review Thread

I picked up the TM 2.0 sf 3 wood last week. All I can say is wow ! I am not one that can usually hit a 3 wood off the deck well but with this club I find I can more often than not. Surprising to me since it has a slightly longer shaft. Off the tee? well....it's just a bomber and I hit it just as long or longer than my current driver....SOOOO.....now i'm wondering what the TM 2.0 sf driver would do for me.....sigh....how am I going to explain to my wife that i need to spend more $$$$$ lol

I picked up the TM 2.0 sf 3 wood last week. All I can say is wow ! I am not one that can usually hit a 3 wood off the deck well but with this club I find I can more often than not. Surprising to me since it has a slightly longer shaft. Off the tee? well....it's just a bomber and I hit it just as long or longer than my current driver....SOOOO.....now i'm wondering what the TM 2.0 sf driver would do for me.....sigh....how am I going to explain to my wife that i need to spend more $$$$$ lol

Congrats on the new stick, I'm guessing you will grow to love it more and more like I do. This weekend found me playing a longer course than normal for me s mine got a real work out and like yours it performed well off the deck more often than not. I hit one off the deck today that had almost no grass at all and flew the ball a mile, setting me up for an easy par.

I have to say, my Superfast 2.0 3w is a beast, lol. I have became so consistant with it now that I'm finding myself using it in places I never would have used a 3 wood before, such as the first hole of our course. Par five 500 yards, this hole is wide to the right off the tee, but out of bounds left and the second shot feeds into a very narrow neck of timber making your third shot extremely difficult if you dont lay up to the 150 mark. Going for it and trying to hit a full 220 to 230 3 wood can put you into a world of trouble on this hole and I'm going for it now every time. In the last 5 or 6 times I've hit it with great results on this hole leaving myself in the 50 to 80 yard range for a GIR.

I'm finally consistantly making par on the long par 5's with the occasional birdie, which was more of a rarity in the past. Something else thats been created through this is better ball stricking off of flat ugly lie's. I've always struggled off thin lies with little or no grass on every club, but some how I've started getting it done with the 2.0 and that has worked its way into my other clubs thanks to the confidence gained by the 2.0.

I picked up a 2.0 3 wood, with a R stock shaft, on Thursday. I got 9 holes and some range time in with it on Friday. I still need to work some of the bugs out but I'm real happy with how I'm hitting it thus far. I typically use a 3 wood off of the tee as I struggle with a driver. I was hitting it approx 200 yards so I'm hoping some more range time will increase my distance. I find it doesn't punish me too bad on mishits and has a nice solid feel on contact.

I picked up a 2.0 3 wood, with a R stock shaft, on Thursday. I got 9 holes and some range time in with it on Friday. I still need to work some of the bugs out but I'm real happy with how I'm hitting it thus far. I typically use a 3 wood off of the tee as I struggle with a driver. I was hitting it approx 200 yards so I'm hoping some more range time will increase my distance. I find it doesn't punish me too bad on mishits and has a nice solid feel on contact.

Great to hear of the addition to your bag. I was a bit skeptical of it when THP asked me to test mine, simply because I really liked my R9 a lot and the first few times out I just couldn't put my full, all out swing on the ball. Once I learned to really smooth my swing with it I've never looked back. The ball flies off so smooth you hardly feel a thing. My distance is getting better and better with it, but could just be the warmer weather we are beginning to see. I seldom hit it off the tee, but its a beast when I do. Off the deck I've hit several lately in the 220+ range which is really long for me and much longer than my R9, not to mention straighter.

Due, 220 off the deck would be a dream come true for me! I finally broke down and picked up this new 3 wood. I have been using an old Wilson 3 wd from a package set I bought maybe 15 years back. Its a cheap club but I've always been able to hit it well. It has recently really began to show its age and I knew my luck was about to run out with it. I have never owned any TM equipment... no reason why, just never purchased any. I couldn't be happier with this club so far.

I hit the SF 2.0 3w tonight at GolfSmith and liked it a ton. I've had the 07 Burner 3w and the SF 3w, so I love the line in general. I don't really "need" a new 3w as I hit my SF great, but this club is in my sights now. My club sickness continues....

I picked a SF 2.0 3w today. I can't wait to play it tomorrow. I hit last years SF 3w great, and consider myself to be a strong FW player so I hope I'm not over psyching myself but I was killing the 2.0 in the GolfSmith hitting bays. We'll see what we get tomorrow...

I picked a SF 2.0 3w today. I can't wait to play it tomorrow. I hit last years SF 3w great, and consider myself to be a strong FW player so I hope I'm not over psyching myself but I was killing the 2.0 in the GolfSmith hitting bays. We'll see what we get tomorrow...

Can't wait to hear how this works out for you, keep us posted. Mine has made all the difference in my long game, i'm finally able to reach a few par 5 greens in regulation.

I like it a lot so far. I might want to swap the shaft as it seems like it spins a lot, but it flies high goes far. I will get a few rounds in first before I decide on any switch, but overall I love the head and I like the white much more than I expected.

Is anybody here playing the TP version of this club? I saw it at the shop recently and really liked the shape of the club head. If so what shaft are you playing?

This club continues to be a star in my bag. I would call it the star if my SeeMore putter wasn't just getting it, but although the TM 2.0 is having to share a dual honor, this thing simply got me out of a ton of situations today and it seems to be the norm for this club. I hit two long par 5's in two today with very average drives and one long par three playing well over its 200 yards into the wind for a birdie. Several times I hit this out of the rough when my driver miss behaved to save par and my partners were asking why I even kept the driver in the bag, lol.

I just don't think there's a better one on the market, IMHO.

We had a TaylorMade demo day today at the Home Course... I got to hit quite a few setups of the R11 Driver and 3 wood, and Superfast 2.0 Driver and 3 wood.

I ended up falling in love with the T3 (TP??) 13.5 /X-Flex Radix/70g. It was absolutely wonderful. I've been searching online for decent prices for this bad boy for the last 2 hours. I HAVE to have this in the bag. I tried it vs. the R11 3w in a bunch of different setups. There was no comparison for me. I tried the other setups for the 2.0 and they still all felt better than the R11. Off the deck I had zero contact issues. I didn't try tee-ing it up though...

MAN I NEED THIS CLUB IN THE BAG!

Sounds like the club for you SS. Better jump on it.

I should be posting this in the "Best Shot of The Day" post, but will bump this thread up instead. My Superfast 2.0 3 wood was the star of the day again today as straight as it was. On the short par 5, 475 yards, but very tight and into the wind, my drive was short left fw, but the 2.0 came out extremely hot just under the winds radar leaving me 30 yards to birdie. One of the few high points to this entire day. Thanks again TM and THP!

I played a tournament yesterday and my driver was not co-operating so on the 10th hole I decided to tee off the rest of the round with my SF 2.0 3w. I hit it great off the deck but don't use if off the tee much but went with it anyway and I smoked it the entire rest of the round. I hit it no less than 250, farther than my driver was going and put one out about 285. Having the smaller head(than a driver) was actually confidence inspiring and after shooting +5 40 on the front, I shot even on the back and won my flight and tied for low gross, much of it set up by great tee shots with the SF 2.0.

More or less, this is sort of a bump for the long term testing of what's become my go to second shot club on par 5's and off the tee shots for anything in the 230 range. Over the last few weeks I've hit a mixed bag of shots with the Burner Superfast 2.0, some good and some bad, but every single unpleasant shot can be traced to one of two issues, raising my head or trying to swing too hard.

To date I've hit some of the best shots with this beautiful white club than any other club in my bag and that says a lot for a three wood. This club just simply wants to fly straight and long every time. I can easily hit a fade if I try, but a draw seems to be tough for me with this. The real compliment to this club comes from my league teammates who continue to tell everyone in the clubhouse about how well I hit this shot and that out on the course with my 3w, lol. Last night these guys were filling everyone in on a poor drive I hit on a par 5 but still made par thanks to the Burner SF in my bag.

Wow, I'm really surprised to see how fast the price on these eroded. You can find these for $100 new. Used R9 FW's are still going for more than that. What does this mean?

Wow, I'm really surprised to see how fast the price on these eroded. You can find these for $100 new. Used R9 FW's are still going for more than that. What does this mean?

Maybe a little off topic but I guess it would have to do with the stigma that the more expensive equipment will have a better impact on a players game.
I have the SF 1.0 Driver and I love it. It's long and straight (when I actually hit it straight) and am now in the market for a 3w.
My choice after hitting a few was between the SF 1.0 and 2.0, the price drop and reviews in this thread has convinced me to go with the 2.0.

Not really sure anyone even still remembers this little jewel, so after todays round I thought I'd give this a bump. This club has been an absolute beast in my bag from 200 and out. There's really not a lot to add that has not already been said here other than describing a few of the shots I've pulled off with this.

#2, very short dangerous par 4 (277) with a big dogleg, water and OB left and behind the green. I fit that SF 2.0 right in front of the pond leaving me 40 yards to the flag.

#4, playing a short yet very tough dogleg par 5 480 yards. Off the tee my drive was ok, but nothing huge leaving me 225 to green center. I hit the SF 2.0 dead straight, but it hopped a touch right rolled by the flag and about 5" onto the fringe. (Missed my eagle putt, but made birdi).

#8, another par 5 518 yards. My drive sucked at 222 yards, pulled out the SF and hit it 223, lol. Set me up for another birdie, but walked away with par.

This club just keeps producing. I've even had people ask to hit it after seeing what it did for me.

Thanks due for bumping this one, I was looking for it earlier and couldn't find it. Last week I put a Superfast rescue 4 on hold while I wait for an iron set to arrive.

In the meantime I've been flirting with the Superfast 2.0 7 wood as well. Starting to really get mind boggled trying to decide between the two. This threads insight should go a long way in helping me decide.

--
tapatalk

I love my G5 5 wood. probably the best club in my bag. I hit it dead straight about 230-240 every time. but, something about this club makes me wanna make the switch. maybe its cuz my driver feels lonely lol but thanks for bumping this thread so I can do my homework

Glad to hear you guys enjoyed it. The 3w has been a savior to my game all year and TM has just been getting it done without a doubt. Philv, 230-240 5 wood?? Stay with it man, lol. I can't get this 3w to jump like that.

I was looking for a 5 wood last week and was down to this one and the Cleveland. I hit a bunch with both and it was really close. Ended up with the Cleveland, but man, I really loved the way this one looked at setup. It just looks like it is going to give the ball a ride.

I was looking for a 5 wood last week and was down to this one and the Cleveland. I hit a bunch with both and it was really close. Ended up with the Cleveland, but man, I really loved the way this one looked at setup. It just looks like it is going to give the ball a ride.

Same here ripper, though I haven't made a purchase yet. Those two clubs just flat out perform for me. Tough decision, toss in the Superfast hybrid and I'm struggling to decide.

--
tapatalk

Same here ripper, though I haven't made a purchase yet. Those two clubs just flat out perform for me. Tough decision, toss in the Superfast hybrid and I'm struggling to decide.

--
tapatalk

Just something to toss in here, I had to learn how to really smooth my swing, so you might consider what your standard swing looks like. I'm one who really attacks the ball, hope that makes sense, but this club just won't respond to that and I learned it from others who had it. A slower transition and less active hands seem to work well with this very hot face. Hope that helps.

Back