Cleveland 588 CB Forged Irons

So you'll have a 46* PW? I am thinking about doing the same to mine when I get them. Are you going to bend them all or just the short irons? Aft reading SethO's post I'm not taking them to GG!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I'll have them all bent 1* stronger. I would prefer the 46* PW b/c my gap wedge is 50*

I'm thinking about getting mine soft stepped? Any benefits to this? I was thinking if the shaft was longer it would equate to a little distance gain. Am I wrong in that thinking?

I'm thinking about getting mine soft stepped? Any benefits to this? I was thinking if the shaft was longer it would equate to a little distance gain. Am I wrong in that thinking?

Yeah, it's supposed to make the shaft play a little softer and should raise your ball flight.

86 that them! I'm tryin to lower it!

Soft stepping is when you take a 3iron shaft, put it in a 4iron head, butt trim to 4iron length. Hard stepping makes the clubs play about 1/3 stiffer and it will bring the ball flight down.

How is that done? I'm getting R300s in mine! Sorry to bombard you with questions!

How is that done? I'm getting R300s in mine! Sorry to bombard you with questions!

You order them that way.

Are you getting your from Cleveland? You can request to have them do it for you. Hard Stepping is when they would take a 5iron shaft and put it in the 4iron, so on and so forth.

Getting mine from Blind9. I'll have to email them and see if they can do it for me!

Did a search and found a picture of the whole set. I won't post it here b/c it's not ours, but it does appear the cavity is larger from topline to sole as you towards the longer irons. That should make for some added forgiveness. Score!

Getting mine from Blind9. I'll have to email them and see if they can do it for me!

Yeah dude, they can take care of that for you. Just tell them you want them hardstepped once throughout the set.

Hawk, PM me a link please.

Yeah dude, they can take care of that for you. Just tell them you want them hardstepped once throughout the set.

Hawk, PM me a link please.

Thank TC. Hawk, me too please!

Got notice that my 588's ship on the 20th, and should arrive in 5-7 business days. Starting to get very excited... It's so close.

If they are coming from CA, you might see them sooner than that. Nice dude!

hit those at carls golfland and they felt great!

I would love to have them by the weekend, but not going to expect it.

Well, my 588 CB's shipped today from California. Will I have them by the weekend? Doubt it, but one can dream right?

I think they arrive tomorrow, TH. I have a favor to ask - can you take a picture of the full set together with the cavity showing? Also, some high-res pics from the address position would be sweet.

I'm pondering these hard. DAmn, they're just so good looking.

I think they arrive tomorrow, TH. I have a favor to ask - can you take a picture of the full set together with the cavity showing? Also, some high-res pics from the address position would be sweet.

That's alot of work Hawk, but I will see what I can do. :) I hope you are right. I am playing both Saturday and Sunday, and would love to have some new weapons in my bag!

I'm looking forward to getting some extra yards from having them bent strong. I've read the head and sole is pretty good sized for an iron of this type as well, which is another plus.

That's alot of work Hawk, but I will see what I can do. :) I hope you are right. I am playing both Saturday and Sunday, and would love to have some new weapons in my bag!

Should be FedEx. I think three days is plenty of time. Fingers crossed for you!

I'm looking forward to getting some extra yards from having them bent strong. I've read the head and sole is pretty good sized for an iron of this type as well, which is another plus.

Are you going 1 or 2 degrees strong?

Are you going 1 or 2 degrees strong?

Two degrees for me. I ordered my wedges based on that. Sort of sucks right now, because my V2 PW is only 2° stronger than my 588 GW.

Two degrees for me. I ordered my wedges based on that. Sort of sucks right now, because my V2 PW is only 2° stronger than my 588 GW.

I did 2 degrees as well just to keep it a little more similar to the Burner 2.0's and keep my current wedge setup. Although... I am pondering 588 wedges too. :)

Back