Hunter Mahan Wins with new PING Nome Putter

Did I hear this was a Ping homer thread? I'm hoping they release it early so I can at least roll some putts at GG with it.

Me too Chunky!!!!!!! I swore off Mallets but would swear it on again with this one!

Something that's good from 15' and in is invaluable. Strike fear into the hole from anywhere.

Beast mode from tapatalk

It sure was. I never missed!

Did I hear this was a Ping homer thread? I'm hoping they release it early so I can at least roll some putts at GG with it.

This is the perfect compliment to the i20's. You need this putter dude.

Beast mode from tapatalk

The Nome will be interesting to roll at the outing. I already have a bunch of putters but.......real grass testing can't be beat.

This is the perfect compliment to the i20's. You need this putter dude.

Beast mode from tapatalk

I think so too. If TMex says this is a good airputter, that is good enough for me. Making every imaginary putt from 15' is confidence inspiring!

I reckon you'd much appreciate the balance of this putter too Dean, KMac, JR and others. I only air putted but I didnt miss from 15 and in.

Air putts FTW!!!
The only thing that may be a draw back for me is that it's face balanced and set for a straight stroke. Though I'm so awesome on the greens I can make anything work haha

Yes PING homers hang out here. Tmex has become an honorary member

I really like the looks of this putter. Also, Hunter was on fire with it which, I hate to say it, makes me want it more.

I like it better than the sydney thats for sure. Would like to give it a roll.

Wonder when Blind9 will start taking orders. Do we know MSRP?

This would be a great opportunity for PING to do a forum testing...

Very cool looking putter IMO. Hunter really took a liking to it as well....

Hunter Mahan is my favorite player

When I heard Hunter won using a Nome putter I quickly went out and found one of the small garden nomes that we have around the house (I found one that had a bit of a belly as I prefer a little head weight in my putters) epoxied on a extra shaft I had and couldn't putt with it at all. Now that I see pictures of the new Ping Nome I just feel silly.
Big misunderstanding.

Really excited to give the new Ping a go when I get a chance.

That is a good looking flatstick !

These should be coming out soon. Worried it may be too clicky, but still want to give it a shot.

I want one. Ok I want to roll it and see if I want one.

I want one. Ok I want to roll it and see if I want one.

Bet they would custom mill it, they do that you know. I better quit talking before I talk myself into something.

Bet they would custom mill it, they do that you know. I better quit talking before I talk myself into something.

They do? Hmmm

Last edited:
That hmm has me researching. Recall Ping WRX doing this. Need to verify this.

They do.
Quite expensive though. Like more then another Nome

Yes, verified by ST below.

Last edited:
Thanks ST. Saves me a call.

Might be worth the call anyways. Maybe there's a deal or something to get more Nome's into people's hands as fast as they can.
For the fun of it, ask them how much it is to add say 30 grams of tungsten head weight to a Anser forged? It's kind of funny actually

Back