Contest - THP March Madness Official Bracket 2012 (Spoilers)

You think that would ever happen to Duke if they were a 1 seed?

It happened in 2010, they played Baylor in Houston for a trip to the Final Four. I was at that game, it was in the Texans' stadium, there were close to 40,000 Baylor fans there, it sounded like a Big 12 football game. I didn't like it then, and I didn't like it for UNC today.

Tiger won today TC, at least you can be happy about one thing.

Again, who are you? That's right, one of those chicken s***s who only post when things go your way. Take a hike.

Again, who are you? That's right, one of those chicken s***s who only post when things go your way. Take a hike.

Yup, that's me. All 2,200 post, all just to benefit myself.

Yes, really. #1 seeds should have advantages over lower seeds in games like this. Otherwise, what's the point of the seedings and the regular season?

I realize that the crowd wasn't the only factor in the Kansas win, but it didn't hurt.

Why am I defending Carolina? I feel dirty now.

Oh, for next week, Final Four schedule set: Game 1 Saturday: Louisville vs. Kentucky 6:09 EST tip; Game 2: Ohio St. vs. Kansas 8:49 p.m. tip (approx).

Standings heading into the Final Four. I have Kentucky on my Tail! hahaha

324befa0.jpg

Yes, really. #1 seeds should have advantages over lower seeds in games like this. Otherwise, what's the point of the seedings and the regular season?

I realize that the crowd wasn't the only factor in the Kansas win, but it didn't hurt.

Why am I defending Carolina? I feel dirty now.

Oh, for next week, Final Four schedule set: Game 1 Saturday: Louisville vs. Kentucky 6:09 EST tip; Game 2: Ohio St. vs. Kansas 8:49 p.m. tip (approx).
Where were they going to put them? Kentucky deservedly got the South region.

Where were they going to put them? Kentucky deservedly got the South region.

I don't have a problem with UNC in the Midwest region. I have a problem with Kansas in the Midwest region since the Midwest isn't UNC's natural region. But having Kansas there helps sell tickets for a regional final in a domed stadium, so that's part of it.

I'm not trying to be anti-Kansas, I just don't like when this sort of thing happens, and it has happened in the past. I'm actually really impressed by Kansas, pretty much no one thought they were this good at the start of the year. I thought that Withey was a stiff when he played against Duke and Kentucky earlier this year, and Taylor was way too inconsistent. Great job by that entire coaching staff making that team better as the season progressed.

I don't have a problem with UNC in the Midwest region. I have a problem with Kansas in the Midwest region since the Midwest isn't UNC's natural region. But having Kansas there helps sell tickets for a regional final in a domed stadium, so that's part of it.

I'm not trying to be anti-Kansas, I just don't like when this sort of thing happens, and it has happened in the past. I'm actually really impressed by Kansas, pretty much no one thought they were this good at the start of the year. I thought that Withey was a stiff when he played against Duke and Kentucky earlier this year, and Taylor was way too inconsistent. Great job by that entire coaching staff making that team better as the season progressed.
I actually do too. I would have preferred to have Kansas in the West or South so these two teams could have possibly met in the Finals.

Smalls - I gotta congratulate you man. That is one beautiful bracket you created. I'm very impressed.

Smalls - I gotta congratulate you man. That is one beautiful bracket you created. I'm very impressed.
Kentucky scares the crap outta me! Ohio State isn't a cakewalk either.

Kentucky scares the crap outta me!

I just can't believe how $ your picks were. This was IMO, one of the toughest brackets to pick since I can remember.

Is it any surprise I'm rooting for Louisville? haha

Smalls...you PM freaked me out...like I said when I enetered...I have watched ZERO games this year, none, nada. What the heck is up with that? LOL

C'mon Kentucky! C'mon Ohio State!

3rd!!! And I have a chance to win it! Nice!!! KU and Kentucky....let's do this!

I'm pretty sure the THP contest is down to the Final Four as well: Jman, Nate, achase215 and me. Jman and Nate have Kentucky, but one has KU and one has Ohio State to make it to the final, and achase has Ohio State to win it all. All of us have Kentucky to make the final. Good luck all!

only way I can win is by hacking the system :D

A poor first round really killed my bracket. Have been above average after that.

Hoping for OSU got a guy on the team from Fort Wayne! Hope they win it all since that is about the only way I am going to win!

Well, while I didn't like the outcome of the UNC/KU game, it was a fun game to go to. This was as close to a home game as it could get for KS...easily 75% KU fans.
Would have liked to see this game with a healthy UNC squad.

Bracket is at 21.7% right now. Very solid.

Right?

I will be shocked if Beal sticks around, he'll be a lottery pick in this year's NBA Draft.

The announcers just made a good point about these 2 games: in these domes, it's like a home game for Kentucky with all of their fans, and the second game is going to sound like a Jayhawks' home game playing in St. Louis. Have fun with that, Carolina.

if it was kentucky i would agree with you lol but i cant recall any UF guys that were one and done of the top of my head.

Well if Mizzou and Syracuse didn't take a crap, I'd still be in a thick of it. But, for my champion going down in te first round and being ranked 19th out of everyone, I'll take that as a moral victory.

Back