NHL 2011-2012 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saw this picture. I actually laughed out loud on this one. NSFW because of language:
Spoiler
557636_329201403807965_100001543230645_899732_716744129_n.jpg

That is hilarious hahaha.

Just saw this picture. I actually laughed out loud on this one. NSFW because of language:
Spoiler
557636_329201403807965_100001543230645_899732_716744129_n.jpg

It's unfortunately not real. There's a bunch of altered photos of that sign all over the internet.

I hope we lose in the first round of the playoffs so I don't have to watch this atrocity anymore.

I hope we lose in the first round of the playoffs so I don't have to watch this atrocity anymore.

Finally I agree with a penguins fan! Gonna be a long playoff series if they end up against each other.

Peter Laviolette perfectly represents the Flyers franchise - a joke.

Peter Laviolette perfectly represents the Flyers franchise - a joke.

Peter is my favorite coach hands down of all time. we have like 8 rookies playing full time hockey for the team and he gets them fired up night after night especially after we go down by a goal or 2 early. Hes a joke cause he was angry about what happened? if we had shelly out there running crosby with a minute left and losing by 3 you don't think your coach would flip out? as much as i hate the pens it makes me laugh when they act like there :poop: don't stink and they never do any of the things other teams do when they are on the other side of the fence. give me a break they are not the saints the NHL and NBC make them out to be. i'm sure you pens fans love when they kiss your @$$ all game then when we go up by 3 goals they quick talk about how giroux is a good player this year for a minute. lol i can't wait for the playoffs!

Peter is my favorite coach hands down of all time. we have like 8 rookies playing full time hockey for the team and he gets them fired up night after night especially after we go down by a goal or 2 early. Hes a joke cause he was angry about what happened? if we had shelly out there running crosby with a minute left and losing by 3 you don't think your coach would flip out? as much as i hate the pens it makes me laugh when they act like there :poop: don't stink and they never do any of the things other teams do when they are on the other side of the fence. give me a break they are not the saints the NHL and NBC make them out to be. i'm sure you pens fans love when they kiss your @$$ all game then when we go up by 3 goals they quick talk about how giroux is a good player this year for a minute. lol i can't wait for the playoffs!

Who should Bylsma have had on the ice at that point? I'd think the fourth line players should've been on the ice. It was a CLEAN, legal hit - Vitale just crunched him. He didn't take a run at him. He hit him. Cleanly. Should a brawl ensue every time a clean check occurs? Laviolette has no right to talk about 'gutless' when he has Schenn cross-checking Crosby in the back ten seconds after the whistle - that's gutless. Yeah, take liberties on 87 and expect that little midget Briere to get the snot knocked out of him (in what was a clean play nonetheless).

Flyers fans live in this crazy little tin foil hate world where everyone - the refs, Bettman, NBC, Jesus, and Tim Tebow - loves the Penguins and caters to Crosby.

Playoffs will be fun. Nothing like shattering the Flyers hopes and dreams again.

You guys almost sound as bad as Toronto and Montreal fans :zsimpsons:

Who should Bylsma have had on the ice at that point? I'd think the fourth line players should've been on the ice. It was a CLEAN, legal hit - Vitale just crunched him. He didn't take a run at him. He hit him. Cleanly. Should a brawl ensue every time a clean check occurs? Laviolette has no right to talk about 'gutless' when he has Schenn cross-checking Crosby in the back ten seconds after the whistle - that's gutless. Yeah, take liberties on 87 and expect that little midget Briere to get the snot knocked out of him (in what was a clean play nonetheless).

Flyers fans live in this crazy little tin foil hate world where everyone - the refs, Bettman, NBC, Jesus, and Tim Tebow - loves the Penguins and caters to Crosby.

Playoffs will be fun. Nothing like shattering the Flyers hopes and dreams again.

i never said anything about it being a dirty hit.... i said he ran briere... and that cross check was a joke! crosby did his little act and fell and drew the penalty. and i do think the league caters to crosby hes the face of the league and hes earned it to a point just like any other superstar in the league that put his time in. i just think its excessive and you can't tell me today they weren't kissing the penguins @$$ all game! i just laugh about it anymore cause any game on NBC with the penguins in it all they do is talk about them. and im not the only person to think that, i know people who are fans of other teams who say the same thing everytime they are on tv. you can think what you want the flyers weren't supposed to even make the playoffs this year. and id still much rather play the Pens than the rangers in the first round. although the playoff system is still flawed IMO.

I think pens and flyers fans are the exact same. They complain at each other, and flame out when they get complained at. This is hockey boys. The NHL doesnt cater to crosby. But yes he's the face. Hes won a cup, a gold medal, and everything in between. He is like Tiger, in a sense.

People just need to stop complaining. Laviolette, pens fans, flyers fans, and crosby included.

i never said anything about it being a dirty hit.... i said he ran briere... and that cross check was a joke! crosby did his little act and fell and drew the penalty. and i do think the league caters to crosby hes the face of the league and hes earned it to a point just like any other superstar in the league that put his time in. i just think its excessive and you can't tell me today they weren't kissing the penguins @$$ all game! i just laugh about it anymore cause any game on NBC with the penguins in it all they do is talk about them. and im not the only person to think that, i know people who are fans of other teams who say the same thing everytime they are on tv. you can think what you want the flyers weren't supposed to even make the playoffs this year. and id still much rather play the Pens than the rangers in the first round. although the playoff system is still flawed IMO.

He didn't run Briere. He hit him. Don't put Briere on the ice if it's that big of a deal.

Yeah, Sid took a huge dive on the cross check - he's so good that he can literally see through the back of his skull. It doesn't take a lot to knock someone over when they're skating slowly away from you. It wasn't a cross check at all - it was Sid just showing off his super dive skills. That's taking it to another level though - taking a dive when you have no clue what's coming. At all. Laviolette acted so completely ridiculous.

The Flyers are just lucky that Brent Johnson wasn't in net - he'd have knocked someone straight.

He didn't run Briere. He hit him. Don't put Briere on the ice if it's that big of a deal.

Yeah, Sid took a huge dive on the cross check - he's so good that he can literally see through the back of his skull. It doesn't take a lot to knock someone over when they're skating slowly away from you. It wasn't a cross check at all - it was Sid just showing off his super dive skills. That's taking it to another level though - taking a dive when you have no clue what's coming. At all. Laviolette acted so completely ridiculous.

The Flyers are just lucky that Brent Johnson wasn't in net - he'd have knocked someone straight.

well its set i think were playing each other in the first round. just might change who has home ice advantage. guess we'll have a lot more fun banter for another few weeks! 4-1-0 means nothing come playoffs but it sure looks good now.

I hope the Penguins and the Flyers both go out in the first round. I know they are probably going to end up playing each other in the 1st, but I still wish for it.

The Pens need someone like cement head. That would be awesome.

I really want to see the Pens and Flyers play each-other in the playoffs what a great game this morning. Although it's common respect in coaching when the game is rough and chippy and i would say already over you do not play your 4th line. Many fans would disagree but when you've actually coached and been there, you know that. My opinion is Balsma wanted to send a message for later down the road. (nothing wrong with that) and Peter freaked out at him for the so called none respect (nothing wrong with that). This is what makes rivals and great games i love seeing it! Can't wait for the Playoff boys!

I really want to see the Pens and Flyers play each-other in the playoffs what a great game this morning. Although it's common respect in coaching when the game is rough and chippy and i would say already over you do not play your 4th line. Many fans would disagree but when you've actually coached and been there, you know that. My opinion is Balsma wanted to send a message for later down the road. (nothing wrong with that) and Peter freaked out at him for the so called none respect (nothing wrong with that). This is what makes rivals and great games i love seeing it! Can't wait for the Playoff boys!

Who do you have out there? Crosby? Malkin? Against that goon squad?

I agree with everyone else though - the playoffs are going to be awesome. It's a shame that the Pens and Flyers will meet in the first round - might just be the two best teams in the East.

Who do you have out there? Crosby? Malkin? Against that goon squad?

I agree with everyone else though - the playoffs are going to be awesome. It's a shame that the Pens and Flyers will meet in the first round - might just be the two best teams in the East.

Besides the Rangers. Not saying that because they are first in the conference, saying that because they are first in that division with both of those teams in it as well. Easily been the best division all year.

Also, Flyers didn't have their goon squad out, they had their second line out there when Pens went with 4th. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with putting out your 4th line at that point, just saying that the Flyers didn't play their goon squad.

I've gotten really tired of watching the Avs get into the playoffs and then drop out. Who knows where they'll finish. And they'll probably lose in the first round even if they get in. OH well, there's always next year. I think that's what they always say!!

That reporter really was giving it to the team. It's a shame cause they have a few talented players.

That was quite possibly the most unprofessional story I have ever seen/read in all the years I have been following sports. My opinion has nothing to do with being a leafs fan, I will be the first to admit that the team has sucked now for the last month/month and half. It was just so unprofessional and absorb some of the comments and questions he was making to players.

That was quite possibly the most unprofessional story I have ever seen/read in all the years I have been following sports. My opinion has nothing to do with being a leafs fan, I will be the first to admit that the team has sucked now for the last month/month and half. It was just so unprofessional and absorb some of the comments and questions he was making to players.

I do agree it was a bit unprofessional. But as a fellow buds fan, is it to the point where these things need to happen to send a message to the organization?

Let the fans do it. They help get rid of Wilson.

It seems like this guy was talking more like a fan than a reporter. It was just unethical and unprofessional for what his job is as a reporter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back