What's in your dream bag?

Floppy

Reaction score
So, what clubs would be in your dream bag?

Mine:

TaylorMade R9 Driver (10.5, Stiff)
TaylorMade R9 3W (15, Stiff)
Nickent 5DX 3i, 4i Hybrids
Nike VR Forged Split Cavity 5-7
Nike VR Forged Blades 8-PW
Nike VR Wedges, 52, 56, 60
Scotty Cameron Squareback 34"

So far:

Cleveland Monster
Taylormade R9 Fairway
Taylormade R9 Fairway
Ping S58 Irons
Titleist Wedges
Taylormade Itsy Bitsy Spider or Yes! Nicky

these are always fun. so many choices though its hard to pick. lets see

Driver: FT-iQ
Fairway: Tour Edge Exotics XCG-V
Hybrid: Nickent 5DX
Irons: Miura CB-202/Tournament Blade Combo Set (4-7)(8-PW)
Wedges: J Lindeberg Limited Edition Tour Wedges
Putter: TP Mills Handmade

5d3f_1.JPG

5f5a_1.JPG

a140_1.JPG

7629860.jpg

870d_1.JPG

Last edited:
Mizuno MX-700 10.5*
Mizuno MX-700 15* 3-wood
Mizuno MX-700 17* hybrid
Mizuno MP-67 3-PW
Mizuno MP-R 52* and 60* wedge
Bettinardi C-06 putter

So many choices that would be great. Personally, I would prefer one that is paid for by a golf company. :act-up:

Well it would probably be:

Taylormade R9 Driver
Taylormade R9 woods and hybrids
Either Precept EC603 ProSpec Blades or any recent Mizuno MP irons
Titleist Vokey wedges
any sort of Scotty Cameron Putter

Driver Callaway FT-9 but at least a dozen of them so I could have all the shafts I wanted. I'm a shaft freak!
FW Bang BOM's n-Rage Shafts (in the bag already)
Hybrids Adams Idea Pro VS Proto 80 (in the bag already)
Irons Mizuno MX-200 custom fit by Mizuno
Wedges Volkey Spin Milled again custom fit
Putter Good Question but again custom fit

Pretty much what I have, with a few swap outs:

A 19* hybrid for the fairway wood
Cleveland or Vokey SW and LW.

Across the board, the current issue is that they don't exist for left-handed women (that I can find) and the answer is to go to a demo day and make them put a woman's shaft on a left-handed head.

Or, even better, get that swing speed up and play senior flex.

Driver Callaway FT-9 but at least a dozen of them so I could have all the shafts I wanted. I'm a shaft freak!

You could just get the iMix FT-9

My dream bag would have:

Bettinardi BB-8 DASS w/some type of sound slot
Vokey or Mizuno wedges, 52 and 58
Mizuno MP-52's, 4 - PW
3 Hybrid (no idea which, possibly Cobra or Adams)
3 and 5 woods, probably Cleveland or Cobra
10.5 degree Driver, right now I'm partial to the Cleveland HiBore XLS (last year's)

As for the bag itself, I really like the Nike Tour Stand bag, but I'm waffling on that.

Pretty attainable bag, and IMHO probably the next step up from where I'm at now. I just need the skills to justify it.

Well it would probably be:

Taylormade R9 Driver
Taylormade R9 woods and hybrids
Either Precept EC603 ProSpec Blades or any recent Mizuno MP irons
Titleist Vokey wedges
any sort of Scotty Cameron Putter

dang, i wish i could give you my EC603 ProSpec's buddy, but I like to take them out every once in a while. i see them on Ebay from time to time. if you want, i'll keep my eyes open fer ya, just lemme know (Im on Ebay every day)
heres a pic of mine:
picture.php

It becomes an interesting question when we talk about unlimited money. Also, Nike makes good clubs, and my moral embargo therein limits that also.

Driver- not sure, really, haven't tried many new ones, and have heard the new Titleist isn't that great. I did like the Cobra L5V and the FT-9, though

3W- Same as above, really

Hybrid- Love my Taylor Made 2H, but it is a pretty old model. I would just want an updated model.

Irons- Love mine, I wouldn't hate having them fitted, though

Wedges- Make them both like my 52, or Vokeys.... I really would like to try some of these other companies though, aside from the big ones (Eidelon, Lindbergh, etc..)

Putter- Love mine- considering I bought it like 2 weeks ago, If i had something to write here, I would kick myself.

Already got it.

Driver- TaylorMade R9 9.5* Stiff (may try an XS because my SS went up and the Stiff feels a bit soft)
Fairways- Nike SQ 15* and 18* Stiff
Hybrid- Titleist 585H 21* Stiff
Irons- Titleist ZB 4-PW (only thing I'm changing for sure, going to get either Proj. X's or KBS Tours in the irons)
Wedges- Nike SV Tour Black Nickle 52.10* and 56.14*
Putter- Odyssey White Hot XG #9

Already got it.

Driver- TaylorMade R9 9.5* Stiff (may try an XS because my SS went up and the Stiff feels a bit soft)

Consider a heavier stiff shaft too, the weight in that R9 is less than what it says on the label from what I have seen/experienced the last week or so.

Consider a heavier stiff shaft too, the weight in that R9 is less than what it says on the label from what I have seen/experienced the last week or so.

I picked my R9 up at PGA Tour Superstore, they have a shaft analyzer there and I was lucky, the shaft in mine right right on the stock specs. But I also demo'd the Nike SQ Dymo in 8.5* X-Stiff, and I had just as good dispersion, carry, and total distance with that, but I didn't like the feel as much as the R9.

My bag's pretty much set for irons, hybrids, wood and driver.

I'd love to stick better shafts in my hybrids, wood and driver, I really dig the Graphite Design YSQ offering.

I'm hoping that I can order in some Eidolon wedges in the next week or so.

Putter - I'd love to have a super fitted Edel or Machine, but that's not very realistic. I'd be very happy with a SSB custom job when I can.

Dream Bag

Dream Bag

My dream bag:
In a customized Ping Voyage bag:
Titleist 909D3 - UST Axiv-Core Black
Titleist 909F3 - UST Axiv-Core Black
Titleist 909H - UST Axiv-Core Black - 17*
Scratch SB-1 - Tour Department, Antique - 3-PW
Scratch Wedges
Bettinardi BB2/Cameron Napa

welcome to THP el.

My dream bag:
In a customized Ping Voyage bag:
Titleist 909D3 - UST Axiv-Core Black
Titleist 909F3 - UST Axiv-Core Black
Titleist 909H - UST Axiv-Core Black - 17*
Scratch SB-1 - Tour Department, Antique - 3-PW
Scratch Wedges
Bettinardi BB2/Cameron Napa

Solid dream set right there. Love the scratch, but I personally didn't like the 909 drivers. The fairways are okay, not much better then the 906's IMHO. And I haven't demo'd the hybrids.

Oh and WELCOME!

I just bid on a 60* scratch wedge, if I loose out I'm just going to start buying Eidolons to replace my wedges, those are my first choices anyway.

AJ,
You will not be upset with the Eidolons. There are only a few wedges that really work for me and that is one of them.

AJ,
You will not be upset with the Eidolons. There are only a few wedges that really work for me and that is one of them.

Yeah I want the same 3 wedge set that you have, do you have the spinner shafts in them?

I do. However our THP pro has kidnapped them from me and I am not sure when I will get them back.

I do. However our THP pro has kidnapped them from me and I am not sure when I will get them back.

Ha! They must be good then.'

Dent; I'm actually pretty happy with what I have, but I do have a wedge fettish lol.

Back