The official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
:shock: Wow. Just wow.

Spoiler

http://www.ktla.com/landing_mostint...-Involving-Power=1&blockID=235930&feedID=1080

For those not familiar with power tools, this is a saber saw:

Spoiler
HITACHI-CR24DVenl.jpg

I'd say that qualifies as more than a "mishap." More along the lines of "fiasco", or "disaster." At very best, a "serious miscalculation."

I wonder how many beers in they were when they came up with that idea. :roll: I also wonder if the injury was serious enough that they will not be adding to the gene pool. That's just plain STUPID.

Wow. CSI:Miami has some of the worst acting I've ever seen on TV.
Absolutely agreed, David Caruso is horrible. I also don't think that CSI will be as good without Grisham (sorry can't remember his real name and am too lazy to look it up)

Spoiler

http://www.ktla.com/landing_mostint...-Involving-Power=1&blockID=235930&feedID=1080

Spoiler
HITACHI-CR24DVenl.jpg

I'd say that qualifies as more than a "mishap." More along the lines of "fiasco", or "disaster." At very best, a "serious miscalculation."
LMFAO

Hey don't knock Captain Kirk, he knows what it takes to be cool.

Here is the first lesson in coolness;

That has to be worse than his "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds."

Spoiler

Spoiler
HITACHI-CR24DVenl.jpg

If they were trying to do what I think they might have been trying to do, why not an electric drill--WITHOUT the bit?

If they were trying to do what I think they might have been trying to do, why not an electric drill--WITHOUT the bit?

A saber saw (aka reciprocating saw) is a back and forth motion, and is (relatively) slow for a power tool.

A drill is usually high speed and only spins. I can't say for sure but, in my imagination, that would result in some friction issues as well as a serious circular "slapping". Also, without the bit, how would you attach the . . . errr . . . rubber phallus?

A saber saw (aka reciprocating saw) is a back and forth motion, and is (relatively) slow for a power tool.

A drill is usually high speed and only spins. I can't say for sure but, in my imagination, that would result in some friction issues as well as a serious circular "slapping". Also, without the bit, how would you attach the . . . errr . . . rubber phallus?

Spoiler

You're seriously thinking this through??!!

Okay, here's one to throw into the toy chest mix. The successor to forceps (as in forceps delivery) resembles nothing so much as a miniature toilet plunger with automatic suction. No doubt you could imagine alternative uses.

At least before GG or JB come running in to shut this down, or ask that we use spoiler tags (so I will).

Online power tool shopping, eh?

I already have all the tools I need, thank you very much.

LMFAO! Ahaha Harry.

Young man, you aren't supposed to understand any of this. Or at least you aren't supposed to admit you understand it. The Internet parents will come swooping down on us again.

I don't doubt that for one second.

Hey, I'm very handy around the house. Stripping wallpaper, faux painting, some minor electrical work, assembling stuff when the instructions are transliterated from the Chinese. All good fun.

I am not a "handy-man" at all, I can hardly change the wiper fluid in my car.

I said I didn't doubt you.

Harry, you're not playing fair with your quote changes again.

And if that's the mood you're in, I'm sure there are appropriate clubs nearby.

Harry, you're not playing fair with your quote changes again.

And if that's the mood you're in, I'm sure there are appropriate clubs nearby.

Home improvement clubs?

I would love that.

I'm confident she could give you a design makeover like you couldn't imagine. Her post-pro golf career will be designing golf courses and clubhouses.

Wow, how did I miss this conversation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back