Cleveland Mashie Fairway Wood Review

I'm hoping someone's F7 shows up prior to the outing. I need to try that bad boy out. I won't try SW's though, he has that silly Tour Velvet grip on it haha

You can try mine out ddec.

I'm guessing it won't be too long before we see these showing up. Maybe a couple weeks if we're lucky. Cleveland is speedy with the deliveries.

SW - you typically play a 5 wood or will that be new to you?

No, I've never played a 5 wood before. It'll be my fairway club on those long par 5's when I lay up or heaven forbid miss off the tee.

I'm hoping someone's F7 shows up prior to the outing. I need to try that bad boy out. I won't try SW's though, he has that silly Tour Velvet grip on it haha

Quiet you! I doubt the tour velet stays on long, they get a little slick down here in the humidity but I didn't know what grip I wanted right now.

What do you normally carry for fwy's and hybrids, yorkem?

Sorry for the Chunky response Hawk. I am carrying a G15 3W and the Mashie M3 right now, but I really miss the 5W I used to carry, so that will definitely get added to the bag.

Im actually debating on adding a 7 wood here. Never played one long term, but with the success I am having with the 14, it is making me want to take advantage of that.

If the 7W was available in LH I would have done some serious pondering on it.

They should be. I asked our tour rep what the delivery time looked like because my company is moving to a new space, and I was told we wold have them before we moved, and that is before the outing.

They should be. I asked our tour rep what the delivery time looked like because my company is moving to a new space, and I was told we wold have them before we moved, and that is before the outing.

I like hearing that!

Have I mentioned how much I love the F3? Just finished up on the range and I just love hitting this 3W. The range I was on stops it's yardage sign at 200 yards, and all my shots were carried well past it with great roll out. With my struggles with driver as of late, having this in the bag will be great for my game. Got a round on Sunday, and I am really just working on playing within my game and staying in the fairway. The F3 will be used...a lot.

You Cleveland Staffers are going to love these fairway woods come July at Myrtle Beach.

Well my order is in, Mashie 5 and 7 all stock with tour velvets. Now the waiting game until it's mashie time!

I just noticed...no 3W SW? I took 2 of them, so I guess I made up for you, but was just curious about your decision.

I just noticed...no 3W SW? I took 2 of them, so I guess I made up for you, but was just curious about your decision.

Going with the black for my 3. Very seldom do I find myself needing a lower lofted fairway, so the mashie 5 will work perfectly.

--
Tapatalk2

Going with the black for my 3. Very seldom do I find myself needing a lower lofted fairway, so the mashie 5 will work perfectly.

--
Tapatalk2

Are you going from the 7w right to irons then or still going to have a hybrid?

--
Tapatalk2

I got you now buddy. I just didn't put the 2 posts together to figure it out on my own.

Are you going from the 7w right to irons then or still going to have a hybrid?

No, it'll depend on which set of irons I swing the best from 6I up then put a hybrid between the 7W and iron.
I got you now buddy. I just didn't put the 2 posts together to figure it out on my own.

Haha its all good. You should read some of the messages I send our tour rep, I get confused a lot.

--
Tapatalk2

Got out early this morning and played a quick 9 holes on a small course (par 31) just to practice a few things. Lets driver in the car used the F5 on the 3 par 4 holes ( each one 270 yards) and was very impressed. All 3 drives were straight with nice flight and each left me within 50 yards for my second shot. I am really liking this club!!!!!

Last edited:
Got out early this morning and played a quick 9 holes on a small course (par 31) just to practice a few things. Lets driver in the car used the M5 on the 3 par 4 holes ( each one 270 yards) and was very impressed. All 3 drives were straight with nice flight and each left me within 50 yards for my second shot. I am really liking this club!!!!!

Which one are you talking about here? The F5 or M5?

The F5 Kmac. He has the 18* FW Mashie. I can't wait to get mine to be honest. I think it's going to be something I can use a lot to go after some par 5's in two. My Fybrid is just a hair short and my 3wood (the G10) isn't near as consistent off the deck.

Which one are you talking about here? The F5 or M5?

The F5 Kmac. He has the 18* FW Mashie. I can't wait to get mine to be honest. I think it's going to be something I can use a lot to go after some par 5's in two. My Fybrid is just a hair short and my 3wood (the G10) isn't near as consistent off the deck.

It was the F5 sorry.. I do have the M5 as well but that is in time out and will be there for a while I believe based on my success today with the R11 5i (see that thread if interested) .

Lucas, I can't wait for you to get the club. You and I have talked throughout the years about my game and my potential. I am just sitting here thinking and my confidence is at an all time high right now and a lot is attributed to the clubs in my bag. Once I step over the ball I know the club will perform if I relax and take a nice comfortable swing. It is an amazing feeling and has been quite a journey from where I was to where I am now.

My Morgan Cup order is in, going with a setup that is as close as I could get to my current fairway wood setup, as I'm doing well with that right now:
Fairway Wood Selection - Cleveland Mashie
Loft - 15.5
Lie - Standard
Length - Standard
Shaft Flex - Stiff
Shaft Selection - Miyazaki Kusala Blue 72
Grip Selection - Golf Pride VDR Blue, logo down
Dexterity - Right handed

Interesting shaft choice, I take it the blue 72 is similar to your current shaft in weight?

--
Tapatalk2

Interesting shaft choice, I take it the blue 72 is similar to your current shaft in weight?

--
Tapatalk2

Current club: R11 3 wood set to 16.5 degrees of loft with open ASP, shaft is Mitsubishi Kai'li 70 stiff (68 grams). The Blue 72 will weigh in at 67 grams, I'm hoping for a little higher launch with this shaft and the Mashie clubhead as compared to the R11 head. The flex codes between the 2 shafts are pretty similar.

I was thinking you had the kai'li in your fairway. I like how you kept it close with the blue.

--
Tapatalk2

What is the going price for the FW3 Mashie? I am left handed and have found a great price for a Mashie.

After reading this review and seeing the golf channel infomercial. I think I need to try one!! I have a 3 hybrid but I'm not that consistent with it. Which mashie would you recommend? Thanks

What is the going price for the FW3 Mashie? I am left handed and have found a great price for a Mashie.
New, most places have them at $179

I have found one for $79.00

Are you sure it is the fairway and not last years hybrid? That's a crazy price for a new club.

--
Tapatalk2

Back