TaylorMade Releases RocketBallz RBZ Rescue & Fairway Wood

You guys are really bad or really good, at helping me make up my mind for my next hybrid :D

I have a 3H in the MP if you're looking! Just sayin... :alien:

You guys are really bad or really good, at helping me make up my mind for my next hybrid :D

Ha! To tell you the truth, I would first need to take to the course to verify distance gains. And then I think I would need to recalibrate my set because I bet there would be huge gaps between my 5 iron (lowest iron) and 3 wood. But definitely exciting to see the potential is there for game changing distance increases.

Ha! To tell you the truth, I would first need to take to the course to verify distance gains. And then I think I would need to recalibrate my set because I bet there would be huge gaps between my 5 iron (lowest iron) and 3 wood. But definitely exciting to see the potential is there for game changing distance increases.

There will definitely be a bit of a gap. Between your 5 and the 3H even. I found the 3H to replace my 5W distance wise...

Pondered and bought the Tour 3W and Tour 3H to replace my Tour 5W and Tour 4H. I'm addicted to the distance and gapping isn't too much of an issue for me higher up in the bag. I never find myself in a position where I need anything longer than a 6i usually if I have a good drive. So the 3H is really just for a layup or getting on in 2 on Par 5's club. The 3w is almost strictly for off the tee. Although I liked the height from the 5W and 4H that would really stick greens. I never find that opportunity presenting itself. So a 230-235 hybrid and a 3 wood that can get me an accurate 250-260 off the tee sounds like a win to me. I'm not worried about my 4i (205) to 3H (230) gap. It's not that huge anyway and I don't see a situation arising that will cause need for something in between.

Tapping and crashing with the new updated/downgraded Tapatalk.

Last edited:
Rocketballz long... I really don't think it's a joke these sticks are for real and the Taylormade hype isn't just that.

This is a measurement from my first swing I ever took with the 3w. Off the deck, mind you, with a good two club wind in my face. I was literally in awe of the shot and had to take a pic.

aefdd8bf-9ed9-ab50.jpg

I was able to hit the RBZ hybrid for the first time on the course today. I hit it 3 times. Once off the tee, once off the fairway and once off the first cut. All 3 were right at 200-205 yards and just a slight draw. Really happy with the club so far on the range and the course. Glad I went with the X-flex.

So I hit the FW tonight to compare it to my experience with the Nike VR-S hybrid and FW. I really want to like this club. I hit the ball a mile, I like the shaft, I don't mind the pinging loud sound it makes....but..compared to the VRs my dispersion pattern with the RBZ is all over the place. The VR-S was extremely accurate while my experience with the RBZ FW and hybrid were the opposite. I'm taking the RBZ off my consideration list even though I love its silly long distance, it doesn't mean a thing to me if it's not accurate.

Tapped that!

So I hit the FW tonight to compare it to my experience with the Nike VR-S hybrid and FW. I really want to like this club. I hit the ball a mile, I like the shaft, I don't mind the pinging loud sound it makes....but..compared to the VRs my dispersion pattern with the RBZ is all over the place. The VR-S was extremely accurate while my experience with the RBZ FW and hybrid were the opposite. I'm taking the RBZ off my consideration list even though I love its silly long distance, it doesn't mean a thing to me if it's not accurate.

Tapped that!

I found the nice heft to these clubs to produce a pretty darned tight pattern. Light+me=spray shots!

So what are you guys seeing as your major misses with the hybrids? Great big pull hooks, hard to hit off the deck or what?

So what are you guys seeing as your major misses with the hybrids? Great big pull hooks, hard to hit off the deck or what?
Hey OG, with limited course time, I've seen slight draws (great for me!) or straight favoring the left side. Could be the club or the swing eval I got from GolfTec but I'm seeing a bit of distance gain (approx 10 yds) with the RBZ 3-H vs my mashie 2M. The miss seems to be a hook which is new for me.

Hey OG, with limited course time, I've seen slight draws (great for me!) or straight favoring the left side. Could be the club or the swing eval I got from GolfTec but I'm seeing a bit of distance gain (approx 10 yds) with the RBZ 3-H vs my mashie 2M. The miss seems to be a hook which is new for me.

Thanks port! I love my gently draw but strongly dislike a duck hook. I think the hybird could be a serious gamer for me. I want to drop down to one hybrid in my bag. Going for a smaller golf bag and less clubs is a good thing.

OG, Ive kept the 4H in my bag and its been pretty good for me so far. Until recently when my swing got wonky I was seeing a fairly straight ball with it maybe slightly left sometimes. I did hit a few hooks with it if I got too quick in my transition which is normal for me.

OG, Ive kept the 4H in my bag and its been pretty good for me so far. Until recently when my swing got wonky I was seeing a fairly straight ball with it maybe slightly left sometimes. I did hit a few hooks with it if I got too quick in my transition which is normal for me.

Your normal shop shape is exactly like mine. In fact, I enjoy working the ball from right to left so one of these hybrids should fit right in my wheel house.

Your normal shop shape is exactly like mine. In fact, I enjoy working the ball from right to left so one of these hybrids should fit right in my wheel house.

If I had my choice Id always play a slight draw as I hate to see a big slice and for the most part I think these hybrids can do that. They had good weight to them and I find the stock shaft more then adequate. Eve in the regular flex. Are you waiting for the outing to give them run for the wood shed?

If I had my choice Id always play a slight draw as I hate to see a big slice and for the most part I think these hybrids can do that. They had good weight to them and I find the stock shaft more then adequate. Eve in the regular flex. Are you waiting for the outing to give them run for the wood shed?

Nope, no waiting on a hybrid. I need to get one in my hands pretty soon so I can bond with it. I like the heavier feel of a wood, hybrid, etc. so one of these hybrids should fit the bill. I need something to attack those 250 yd shots into the longer par fives at Cypress Gardens. My four iron only goes 230 or so :D

Nope, no waiting on a hybrid. I need to get one in my hands pretty soon so I can bond with it. I like the heavier feel of a wood, hybrid, etc. so one of these hybrids should fit the bill. I need something to attack those 250 yd shots into the longer par fives at Cypress Gardens. My four iron only goes 230 or so :D

Mine is calling your name, it wants to visit the wood shed. Haha

formerly butters35

Mine is calling your name, it wants to visit the wood shed. Haha

formerly butters35

Sold so wrap it up and send it my way. The only problem is, it will be sending folks to the woodshed, not visiting it :D My initial issue with your 3H was the stiff shaft. My driver swing speed normally averages approx 94 - 97ish however I think it will work just fine.

I'm seeing the same miss I always see. If I miss it's a slice but it isn't as pronounced as with other hybrids I've played. This has got everything to do with my swing a very little to do with the club though.
Even on the odd occasion that I top the ball or hit it fat or thin I still find that it goes pretty far. I've topped the ball and it still went 190 yards once (although it was very dry and kicked along the ground a few times before rolling a long way)

Driver was being re-shafted today. Tried to take the SuperTri out but need some more time to dial it in. Bagged it after two holes and went with the RBZ 3W off the tee. I still would rather hit driver on the longer par 4s and 5s obviously, but I had a lot of good distances into the greens. A lot more fairways too!

soon as my gift card arrives i will be picking up the 3W HL version

Hit the RBZ 3w for the first time today. I was impressed! 245 yards on the monitor at dicks. Thats how far I hit my driver... Not sure why??? Anyway I liked the 3w I think I'll pick one up eventually.

I have played the RBZ 4 Hybrid for the past 3 rounds, I usually play the Mashie. First off, I was a little worried as it feel a fair but heavier than the Mashie. After a few swings I was able to get to used to that though as well as the white head. I immediately noticed how forgiving it is when you hit it off the toe. The Mashie would really punish me and this one loses distance but seems to maintain direction a lot better. I have been blown away by the distance I am getting, I am coming up even against some buddies using drivers, but this hybrid allows me to be more consistent. If they drive it really well they will hit it further than me, but if they dont, they are short or out of bounds and I am almost always in the same place. Love that. I have found it to be very easy to hit from the fairway, but I have not attempted anything from the rough yet, baby steps. The only thing I have noticed is that the grip got a little slick, especially on a hot day in Mexico, but I will see how that plays out.

For me its been the hooks as a miss... they are long for sure, but are always left for me when i miss it...

~Mike

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I have played the RBZ 4 Hybrid for the past 3 rounds, I usually play the Mashie. First off, I was a little worried as it feel a fair but heavier than the Mashie. After a few swings I was able to get to used to that though as well as the white head. I immediately noticed how forgiving it is when you hit it off the toe. The Mashie would really punish me and this one loses distance but seems to maintain direction a lot better. I have been blown away by the distance I am getting, I am coming up even against some buddies using drivers, but this hybrid allows me to be more consistent. If they drive it really well they will hit it further than me, but if they dont, they are short or out of bounds and I am almost always in the same place. Love that. I have found it to be very easy to hit from the fairway, but I have not attempted anything from the rough yet, baby steps. The only thing I have noticed is that the grip got a little slick, especially on a hot day in Mexico, but I will see how that plays out.

Awesome to hear that it's working out so well for you Ripper. Slick grips is an easy fix! I usually regrip new clubs pretty soon after I get them. No one ships with midsizes...

I am hoping mine (3i hybrid) is coming in today. If so, I can hit the course for a quick nine test run!

Back