NHL 2011-2012 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am more nervous about tonights game than any other game so far in the series. The longer you fail to close out a team the harder it gets. I want it over with ASAP.

its not gonna help that its in Philly but missing Claude is gonna be huge. if the devils lose tonight though hes gonna come back on a TEAR the next game and you know what they say about game 7s

So, how about that massive Capitals collapse last night? What an awful penalty to take.

its not gonna help that its in Philly but missing Claude is gonna be huge. if the devils lose tonight though hes gonna come back on a TEAR the next game and you know what they say about game 7s

Not worried about Claude. Marty will just step up his scoring to keep Claude even.

Am I the only who is kind of glad to see teams like LA and Phoenix in the finals?

I mean sure, it's not all that exciting to watch for the hardcore hockey fan because it gives you no one to cheer for, but it brings out a lot of people to watch the games who normally wouldn't in those cities. It strengthens the market in cities who may not always have that strong of seat sales and what not.

Obviously nothing against all Flyers fan, but to the people in general who just boo'd a player getting up after he was hurt. Real classy.

What the he!! Couturier and Talbot? You guy goes knee on knee with Zubruis and then while he was down you two dumb donkeys go over and start smack talking him?

If Philly lose tonight, they're not going down with class that's for sure.

Sorry Buck, nothing against you buddy, but your team needs to start showing some respect this game.

I'm not really upset about the Flyers losing because they got outplayed so they didn't deserve to win. On another note, I cannot stand Pierre Mcguire.

well the flyers didn't deserve to win the series although they did look better tonight. i dunno what happened i have never seen a team cough up the puck as many times as they did in this series. as for class i honestly think the devils completely frustrated the flyers to the point they were just becoming dirty and taking stupid penalties i mean honestly the devils just embarrassed them to the point that they did stupid stuff. not that it is ok to play dirty but i have been in those games and you get so pissed off you do stupid stuff.... oh well we weren't supposed to make the playoffs and def weren't supposed to beat pittsburg and after them knocking us out the last few years it was nice to beat them for once. i still am on the fence if Bryz was a HUGE mistake or not but i guess i have 8 more years to figure that one out! Good luck to the devils i think they will have a tough round with the rangers if they win their series. i guess ill be routing for LA now although i wish carter wasn't on the team. still love Richards and Quick though used to watch quick play for the Reading Royals in the ECHL when he was there a lot. still some great hockey series left and ill be watching as much as i can!

Top of the moon right now. Sorry to the Flyer fans on here. I will not talk junk. I know the feeling you guys have right now. With that said, I want to take a second to give major props to Claude Giroux tonight. He came down from the press box and got in the handshake lineup which I thought was a very classy move. He deserves the C in Philly. After the game, he had no responsibility to talk to the media until cleanout day but he stepped up and answered every question asked. Well done Claude, well done.

Tap Tap Taparoo

Top of the moon right now. Sorry to the Flyer fans on here. I will not talk junk. I know the feeling you guys have right now. With that said, I want to take a second to give major props to Claude Giroux tonight. He came down from the press box and got in the handshake lineup which I thought was a very classy move. He deserves the C in Philly. After the game, he had no responsibility to talk to the media until cleanout day but he stepped up and answered every question asked. Well done Claude, well done.

Tap Tap Taparoo

I think Claude will be the captain soon enough, I really don't think he tried to aim for the head on the hit but it just worked out that way. The same way a lot of high sticks are unintentional, its not like he threw a vicious elbow or anything. One thing that was talked about with the suspension was the fact that there were more serious hits that did not generate suspensions. I have no problem with the call, it was made as the rule is written but you gotta call it even. Obviously Philly broadcasters are biased but they brought up a good point saying Shanahan had dropped the ball earlier in the playoffs and is now making up for it. I recall some pretty vicious hits that did not end in suspensions. Maybe I am wrong but wasn't there one in the Detroit series where the Preds player slammed someones head against the boards, I cannot remember if that got a suspension.

I don't know what to say about this team and these games that isn't plain for all to see. Just...wow. Speechless.

I think Claude will be the captain soon enough, I really don't think he tried to aim for the head on the hit but it just worked out that way. The same way a lot of high sticks are unintentional, its not like he threw a vicious elbow or anything. One thing that was talked about with the suspension was the fact that there were more serious hits that did not generate suspensions. I have no problem with the call, it was made as the rule is written but you gotta call it even. Obviously Philly broadcasters are biased but they brought up a good point saying Shanahan had dropped the ball earlier in the playoffs and is now making up for it. I recall some pretty vicious hits that did not end in suspensions. Maybe I am wrong but wasn't there one in the Detroit series where the Preds player slammed someones head against the boards, I cannot remember if that got a suspension.

There is no doubt it was a makeup call. And yes Weber slammed Zetterbergs head into the turnbuckle and got a fine. This is the definition of the NHL Playoffs. Anything can happen. I do not know a single person in the media that gave the Devils a chance. Seriously, not 1. And the Devils win in 5. I am still a little shocked.

Tap Tap Taparoo

There is no doubt it was a makeup call. And yes Weber slammed Zetterbergs head into the turnbuckle and got a fine. This is the definition of the NHL Playoffs. Anything can happen. I do not know a single person in the media that gave the Devils a chance. Seriously, not 1. And the Devils win in 5. I am still a little shocked.

Tap Tap Taparoo

no one i know picked Jersey thats why i knew we might be doomed! lol,,, congrats Dev your team completely out worked and really dominated the flyers just watching all the post game interviews this morning every player gave a lot of credit to the Devils they really just seem to want it more and forced the most turnovers ive ever seen the Flyers make ever! Im really hoping Bryz gets better next year if he does i think we will have a more experienced group of guys that really could make a run at things next year. I also still think Lavi is one of the best coaches in the league. he continues to impress me with the way he coaches and handles situations.

except that he didn't make a ton of adjustments to NJ's 'soft trap' where they clogged the middle to kill the Flyers speed and outlet passing

no one i know picked Jersey thats why i knew we might be doomed! lol,,, congrats Dev your team completely out worked and really dominated the flyers just watching all the post game interviews this morning every player gave a lot of credit to the Devils they really just seem to want it more and forced the most turnovers ive ever seen the Flyers make ever! Im really hoping Bryz gets better next year if he does i think we will have a more experienced group of guys that really could make a run at things next year. I also still think Lavi is one of the best coaches in the league. he continues to impress me with the way he coaches and handles situations.

except that he didn't make a ton of adjustments to NJ's 'soft trap' where they clogged the middle to kill the Flyers speed and outlet passing

his system is really good and they play their hockey year round. its hard to change the system you've played all year in the middle of a playoff series where you are playing every other day. i agree maybe some changes could have been made but honestly the devils just out worked them especially along the boards. even Jagr whos a beast said they were stronger along the boards.

I'm hoping the Rangers pull it out, Rangers/Devils in the Conference Finals would be great!

Also with the 5 teams left I'd say LA/Rangers would be a fun series to watch, but I'm guessing the NHL wants the Caps in to keep the stars alive. It's funny outside of Ovechkin, there are very few, "super superstars" left. I know I might get killed for that but if you think about the "Crosbys" of the NHL, there aren't many left still playing. And I love it. I think the NHL has a tendency to keep those "stars" on all the time, i.e. the teams that have been chosen for the winter classic. I like seeing these "smaller" market teams get some good press and are especially playing well. Kind of crazy that Phoenix was on the block to be relocated and then they go out and make it to the conference finals.

Hahahahah, it has nothing to do with trapping. The Devils do not trap and havent for a few years. It was the constant forecheck that didnt allow the Flyers to do anything. In this case, the best defense was a pressure offense.

I'm hoping the Rangers pull it out, Rangers/Devils in the Conference Finals would be great!

Also with the 5 teams left I'd say LA/Rangers would be a fun series to watch, but I'm guessing the NHL wants the Caps in to keep the stars alive. It's funny outside of Ovechkin, there are very few, "super superstars" left. I know I might get killed for that but if you think about the "Crosbys" of the NHL, there aren't many left still playing. And I love it. I think the NHL has a tendency to keep those "stars" on all the time, i.e. the teams that have been chosen for the winter classic. I like seeing these "smaller" market teams get some good press and are especially playing well. Kind of crazy that Phoenix was on the block to be relocated and then they go out and make it to the conference finals.

Kovalchuk, Parise, and Brodeur are superstars. Maybe the NHL will actually market them for a change..haha

First the Briuns go down in the first round and now my Flyers are ousted. Real big letdowns for this years playoffs and Im left pondering if I watch the rest play out.

Kovalchuk, Parise, and Brodeur are superstars. Maybe the NHL will actually market them for a change..haha

I agree on Parise and Brodeur, personally I've always thought Kovalchuk was a bit overrated, but you are correct in they are superstars, but I don't think the NHL treats them as such. IMHO!!!

I agree on Parise and Brodeur, personally I've always thought Kovalchuk was a bit overrated, but you are correct in they are superstars, but I don't think the NHL treats them as such. IMHO!!!

Kovy had 7 points in the series in 4 games (missed 1 game due to injury) which lead the team.

Kovy had 7 points in the series in 4 games (missed 1 game due to injury) which lead the team.

As a devils fan I know I can't win this argument with you, but for me as an Avs fan I would even put Hejduk into that overrated category.

As a devils fan I know I can't win this argument with you, but for me as an Avs fan I would even put Hejduk into that overrated category.

Hejduk is a good player but he isnt a star player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back