Deerfield GC in Newark DE

Yeah they are pretty close in conditions. Both great courses but there is hardly ever anyone at Deerfield so it gets bonus points.

And they always have hot deals on THP/Golf Now

You'd like that course dude. We'd carve it up with some i20 irons

Come up dude. We get some THP reunion tours going

I will be up in Philly the weekend of July 4

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

I will be up in Philly the weekend of July 4

Well are we going to Chunk it up around here then? DE, home of tax free shopping and good golf

^^^^^^ I Tapped That ^^^^^^

Well are we going to Chunk it up around here then? DE, home of tax free shopping and good golf

I would love to. Need to check with the boss though.

This really is an excellent track. I love former private clubs. Kmac is correct though, there are only 17 flat lies on the whole course (17 of 18) tee boxes. Several intimidating tee shots, at least 4 blind ones. Really tough par 3s too. And when you can play a Saturday morning round in under 4 hours, what's not to love?

So much truth in this.
This is the home of the UD Womens golf team as well. Just alittle Food for thought

I would love to. Need to check with the boss though.

Make it happen Chunky, Philly is only 45 minutes from Delaware.

This really is an excellent track. I love former private clubs. Kmac is correct though, there are only 17 flat lies on the whole course (17 of 18) tee boxes. Several intimidating tee shots, at least 4 blind ones. Really tough par 3s too. And when you can play a Saturday morning round in under 4 hours, what's not to love?

Truth.

Thanks for sharing! I played there in 2010 and that tee shot on #5 is one of the most intimidating tee shots that I have hit. I hit a huge pull hook off of #10 and it ended up perfect LOL. I'd recommend it, good condition, some interesting holes, and priced well too.

I need to figure out how to go North and golf with Kmac. This place would do just fine too. Maybe I can ride up on that Tour Van.

Thanks for sharing! I played there in 2010 and that tee shot on #5 is one of the most intimidating tee shots that I have hit. I hit a huge pull hook off of #10 and it ended up perfect LOL. I'd recommend it, good condition, some interesting holes, and priced well too.

First time we played it I did the same exact thing on #10. Ball came out of the woods and rolled all the way down the cart path and hopped the wall and was sitting in the grass down at the bottom. Probably the luckiest shot Ive ever hit since it should have followed the path into the little pond but somehow stayed dry.

First time we played it I did the same exact thing on #10. Ball came out of the woods and rolled all the way down the cart path and hopped the wall and was sitting in the grass down at the bottom. Probably the luckiest shot Ive ever hit since it should have followed the path into the little pond but somehow stayed dry.

Ha! I always like a good break :clapp:

That is nice looking. Love challenges. How far is that from NJ when the THP Tour Van will be there later this year?[/QUOTE]

KMAC can corrrect me on this if my memory is poor. I used to live near Newark, DE and still have family there. But, if you're traveling I-95 to get to NJ, you'll pass within just a very few miles of there.

I need to figure out how to go North and golf with Kmac. This place would do just fine too. Maybe I can ride up on that Tour Van.

Would love to tee it up with you too bro!

That is nice looking. Love challenges. How far is that from NJ when the THP Tour Van will be there later this year?[/QUOTE]

KMAC can corrrect me on this if my memory is poor. I used to live near Newark, DE and still have family there. But, if you're traveling I-95 to get to NJ, you'll pass within just a very few miles of there.

This is actually very true. Going North on 95 will take you very close to this course and la Casa de Kmac.

Very nice! You could plant that course right in Western PA - not a flat lie to be found.

Deerfield is a great course (started as one of the DuPont companies country clubs). Bought by the state of delaware to keep "open space" The company that runs it keeps it in tip-top shape.

Anyone wanting to do a THP thing at Deefield - count me in!!

Deerfield is a great course (started as one of the DuPont companies country clubs). Bought by the state of delaware to keep "open space" The company that runs it keeps it in tip-top shape.

Anyone wanting to do a THP thing at Deefield - count me in!!

We'll be playing it again soon Im sure. You'll have to join us dude.

We'll be playing it again soon Im sure. You'll have to join us dude.

Haven't met you guys yet, but I 'd play in a THP outing up there! I played it one time last year, and had my best round of the year there somehow. I love elevation changes, and this course is nothing but! I live in Bel Air, Md. and me and my best bro took a day off last year and played WCC, had lunch at the Border Cafe, then played Deerefield. Hard to get a better day than that!

Haven't met you guys yet, but I 'd play in a THP outing up there! I played it one time last year, and had my best round of the year there somehow. I love elevation changes, and this course is nothing but! I live in Bel Air, Md. and me and my best bro took a day off last year and played WCC, had lunch at the Border Cafe, then played Deerefield. Hard to get a better day than that!

Excellent golf day. But after eating at Borders Im not sure I could have made it through a whole round of golf lol. Careful what you eat there. But playing WCC and Deerfield is a great golf day. Two very nice courses.

Excellent golf day. But after eating at Borders Im not sure I could have made it through a whole round of golf lol. Careful what you eat there. But playing WCC and Deerfield is a great golf day. Two very nice courses.
Fortunately, that stuff doesn't mess with me like that much. My buddies on the other hand...!

Where do you live KMac? I always thought you lived in Texas for some reason.

I live in Elkton, MD which is right next to Newark DE and if you travel up I95 its the last MD exit before going into Delaware and through that dumb $5 toll that is always backed up. Im a native Texan dude and the motherland calls me back. I just cant leave yet lol.

I live in Elkton, MD which is right next to Newark DE and if you travel up I95 its the last MD exit before going into Delaware and through that dumb $5 toll that is always backed up. Im a native Texan dude and the motherland calls me back. I just cant leave yet lol.

Well, I guess you learn something new every day.

Back