Official Rant of the Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You would love driving behind me then Bogey. There's a street I drive like every day here in Anchorage, and the speed limit is 55, I usually go 65-70 on that street.

Are your parents going to make you pay for your own insurance when you have to go SR-22? hehehe

Are your parents going to make you pay for your own insurance when you have to go SR-22? hehehe

I still haven't gotten busted so it's all good :D

Good luck with that 907!

A friend of mine has one of the radar detectors in his car. The things that tell you if a cop has his speedometer going, and it tells him anything with in a mile. If there is a cop it beeps, and he just slows down to the speed limit. I want to get one of those, then I'm set for life :D

Make sure to get one that does laser too. And don't forget, those cops have those "instant-on" guns that give you no warning!

I had the top of the line Uniden way back when. And don't worry about automatic opening doors, they set them off too!

Make sure to get one that does laser too. And don't forget, those cops have those "instant-on" guns that give you no warning!

I had the top of the line Uniden way back when. And don't worry about automatic opening doors, they set them off too!

That's okay, if it keeps me from getting busted, then I'm okay with it. But my friend knows about all of that stuff, so I'll consult him before I buy anything.

Ive got a Valentine-1 in my car and i havent gotten busted yet, heh. that thing has saved me on NUMEROUS occasions

A friend of mine has one of the radar detectors in his car. The things that tell you if a cop has his speedometer going, and it tells him anything with in a mile. If there is a cop it beeps, and he just slows down to the speed limit. I want to get one of those, then I'm set for life :D

and just remember, those arent "cop detectors" like my ex-gf used to think, lol. like smalls said, they sit there with their radars off and will zap you and it doesnt matter what kind of device you have, you are BUSTED

I haven't found them to work. My old BF had one, the dude averaged 4 speeding tickets a month most months. I suggested maybe he should think about slowing down a bit and not relying on the cop catcher, or at least not going 90 in 40s...he suggested "think of how many tickets I would have if I didn't have it!"...different approaches, I guess.

I found the radar detector to be more of an annoyance than a help, all those false alarms drove me nuts.

And they're no good against helicoptors.

I haven't found them to work. My old BF had one, the dude averaged 4 speeding tickets a month most months. I suggested maybe he should think about slowing down a bit and not relying on the cop catcher, or at least not going 90 in 40s...he suggested "think of how many tickets I would have if I didn't have it!"...different approaches, I guess.

Julie - where you in the Twin Cities when they first increased the speed limit from 65 to 70 on the interstates in Minnesota? I still remember seeing them out in force with one cop sitting on an overpass hiding behind the signs shooting at traffic with 5+ chase cars just past the overpass pulling over people left and right.

and just remember, those arent "cop detectors" like my ex-gf used to think, lol. like smalls said, they sit there with their radars off and will zap you and it doesnt matter what kind of device you have, you are BUSTED

That is true. But last month I was haulin' a** down a frontage road and a cop was on the road and had a guy in a truck pulled over. The speed limit was like 45 and I was going like 70, and the guy saw me go flying by and he was pointing at me like why don't you go get that guy? :angry:. But I got away :D

At least it wasn't in Florida

At least it wasn't in Florida

Gross.

Man accused of performing sex act with car wash vacuum sentenced to 90 days in jail

SAGINAW, Mich. (AP) -- A man who police said was arrested for performing a sex act with a car wash vacuum was sentenced to 90 days in jail on Wednesday and ordered to submit to drug testing. The 29-year-old man pleaded no contest to indecent exposure last month.

Police said the man was arrested after a resident called officers early on Oct. 16 to report suspicious activity at a car wash in Thomas Township, about 90 miles northwest of Detroit.

The Associated Press left a message Wednesday seeking comment from the man's attorney.

Get that man a saber saw?

My rant: A friend of mine once said you know you're a parent when you catch yourself trying to catch your kid's vomit in your hands.

You don't want details.

So is it illegal because it was not his vacuum or because it was in public?

Since he's getting indecent exposure, I'd say because he was exposing himself in public to accomplish this.

Claire, I know what you are talking about. Can you believe in 5 years my wife has yet to be vomitted upon? I must have a target on me.

Since he's getting indecent exposure, I'd say because he was exposing himself in public to accomplish this.

Gotcha, I missed the indecent exposure part. So Im assuming its not illegal to have at it with sombody elses vacuum. :act-up:

As long as the vacuum consents.

Get that man a saber saw?

My rant: A friend of mine once said you know you're a parent when you catch yourself trying to catch your kid's vomit in your hands.

You don't want details.

LOL! HAHA! that is funny. im sitting here laughing at my screen

Following up on my quasi-rant about the broken LCD on my laptop. Good news. You actually can replace those things. In fact, I did it myself. I'm fairly proud of that. I found a replacement online, as well as a tutorial for how to remove the screen from my brand/model laptop. It arrived this afternoon and I got it installed within about an hour. Didn't even have any screws left over when I finished, which is a good sign. It's working flawlessly so far. It's nice to have a computer back.

Next rant: I hate the Texas Open commercials. Phil looks ridiculous in a cowboy hat. Sillyness.

Following up on my quasi-rant about the broken LCD on my laptop. Good news. You actually can replace those things. In fact, I did it myself. I'm fairly proud of that. I found a replacement online, as well as a tutorial for how to remove the screen from my brand/model laptop. It arrived this afternoon and I got it installed within about an hour. Didn't even have any screws left over when I finished, which is a good sign. It's working flawlessly so far. It's nice to have a computer back.

Next rant: I hate the Texas Open commercials. Phil looks ridiculous in a cowboy hat. Sillyness.

(a) Dude, that is awesome. I didn't know you could do that! Coolness and congrats.

(b) I haven't seen that commercial yet. Did they show it during the AP Invitational?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back