Official Rant of the Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heres my rant of the day: I have this really annoying cough that will NOT go away, its like an irritating feeling in the back of my throat that makes you cough and gag, idk what it is but its starting to get on my nerves.

(b) I haven't seen that commercial yet. Did they show it during the AP Invitational?

Sorry -- to be clear, it's the Shell Houston Open, not the Valero Texas Open, but yes, the commercials I'm talking about ran during the AP Invit.

Another work rant - One of my good friends and co-workers just found out she's being moved from our office in Melbourne, FL to the Houston Regional Office as of May 1st. :bad:

This is not great news, especially with how things have been with the company as of late. For the last 3 major cuts, the Regional offices around the country have taken headcount hits while our office has actually grown by ~25 people and added an additional 540 dealerships that we service. I'm worried now that she could get hit if another round of cuts happens. :at-wits-end:

Rant- Cigarettes are going up again in Ohio on the 1st- Marlboros will be 7 bucks a pack after tax. I don't smoke that much, but this is just ridiculous.

Following up on my quasi-rant about the broken LCD on my laptop. Good news. You actually can replace those things. In fact, I did it myself. I'm fairly proud of that. I found a replacement online, as well as a tutorial for how to remove the screen from my brand/model laptop. It arrived this afternoon and I got it installed within about an hour. Didn't even have any screws left over when I finished, which is a good sign. It's working flawlessly so far. It's nice to have a computer back.

Okay, the gloves come off!!

My rant. Dashboard light came on this morning. One of those that means "get thee to a dealer, stat!" $1,400 for the catalytic converter. $700 plus labor for the busted automatic door (I knew that was coming). $90 for the overdue inspection. $90 for the 7,500 mile checkup.

Granted, the car is 9 years old, but it's got less than 70,000 miles on it.

Ca-ching, ca-ching, ca-ching.

Okay, the gloves come off!!

My rant. Dashboard light came on this morning. One of those that means "get thee to a dealer, stat!" $1,400 for the catalytic converter. $700 plus labor for the busted automatic door (I knew that was coming). $90 for the overdue inspection. $90 for the 7,500 mile checkup.

Granted, the car is 9 years old, but it's got less than 70,000 miles on it.

Ca-ching, ca-ching, ca-ching.

Ouch, that really sucks.

Ouch Claire...nasty start to the weekend :beat-up:

Rant- Cigarettes are going up again in Ohio on the 1st- Marlboros will be 7 bucks a pack after tax. I don't smoke that much, but this is just ridiculous.

I think Copenhagen is going to be almost 9 bucks a can now. Its getting a little ridiculous.

Poopy weather for a demo day at one of my favorite venues.

Hey Gas, you can still get 3 cans for $12 and some change here. I thought 4 bucks a can was bad:bulgy-eyes:
Thats a good deal. It hasnt been 4 bucks here for a long time.

I always though Grizzly gave a lot of bang for the buck- about half the price of Skoal/Cope- it's only $2.60 or so a tin here.

Poopy weather for a demo day at one of my favorite venues.

Rainy and 40s here as well. And our Cobra demo day is when we'll be out of town. I want a 19* hybrid, but they'll have to build me one!

Junior baseball starts this week. Two practices and two games a week through June. The Kid loves it; I hate it. We've already got three issues with this week's schedule, where he can't make it or we have to be someplace else and beg for carpools.

I hate baseball season with a passion.

Tires!!! I hate buying them!!
For some reason my Chevy Equinox just tears thru tires & it doesn't matter what brand they are. Currently I have 106,000 miles on it & have been thru 4 sets of tires already. 2 sets of Bridgestone Duellers, a set of Michelins & a set of Coopers. Max mileage I have gotten was 28,000 out of a set while the current Coopers have only managed 21,000 & they have a mileage warranty of 55,000. I rotate the tires every 5,000 miles to keep the wear even & it's really pissing me off to go thru this damn many tires.

Of course the tire dealers say they don't know what's up, & I have spoken with other Equinox owners who say they too get lousy mileage out of their tires. Even utilizing the warranty it's still goin gto cost me a little over $300 to get the tires replaced again. The Coopers were somewhere around $145 each & I don't think I would get another set of them. It rode the best with the Michelins.

Dyna, my Odyssey has gone through tires every 30,000 miles. Plus I have the world's steepest driveway, so winter is a bear.

Last year, on another forum, Harry turned me on to Nokians. They aren't cheap, but they're warranted for 50,000 miles or so, and after just one winter, I'm totally in love with them. They feel grippier than anything else I've ever used. When I called the tire store and asked for them by name, the sales guy was extremely impressed--"they're the best tire out there and no one's every heard of them except hard core skiers." :snowman:

here's my rant!

sand_trap_logo.gif

UH OH.....

Here is my rant-

I went into Golf Galaxy today. I have been thinking about getting a new driver, and wanted to demo a couple. Let me preface this by saying I have always been complimentary of the staff there, I have even posted that on here a couple of times.

The first driver the guy brings me is last year's Tour Burner. I have never been able to hit TaylorMade drivers really well, they seem to light to me, and the Tour Burner especially has a small sweet spot. Also, he brought me an R flex. Well, I hit about 25 balls with it in the simulator, and same deal as always, it was too light, never really hit it square. I lag my drives, and when the head is too light, and you are hitting an R flex as opposed to the normal stiff, you aren't going to hit the ball well.

Here is the conversation between me and the guy who works there (not the pro, btw).

Him- How did it feel?
Me- Not good, I don't have a feel for it- never have liked the TM's
Him- Well, I see you were hitting a lot of center
Me- Yeah, I play a lag (explanation above)
Him- Have you ever had lessons?
Me- No, I taught myself
Him- Well you should look into that, if you are hitting the ball off center like that, you need lessons. And I really wouldn't reccomend a new driver, you could break it hitting it off center like that.
Me- Explanation again- second time I have told him now. "What about the G10 or the Diablo?
Him- Like I said, I really would look into lessons- If I was you I wouldn't risk breaking a brand new driver when you don't know how to swing it right.

At this point, I am ready to punch him in the face. I am no Tiger, but my handicap is under 10, I can hit the ball without breaking a club, Methuselah.

I realized he wouldn't be of any help at all, so I left. The thing that really gets me going is that I have bought most of my bag there, and have always liked the place, and he really pissed me off.

Ask, Sorry to here about your experience. Don't feel bad because I have experienced the same thing a number of times. Unfortunately, there are some people that don' have a clue. However, I applaud you because I would have demanded to talk with the manager and then would have proceeded to hit the other drivers. After I had finished with the manager, the previous gentlemen would have been fired.

Let me share a story of mine with you. I think I have posted it before, if I have please excuse the duplicate post.

I attended a demo day last year and was stopping by numerous tents testing out there equipment (drivers, irons, etc.) After hitting a few tents and loosing up, I settled into a driver and started hitting them well. After about 5 swings a small crowd gathered and watched. I don't mean this to be arrogant. After about 3 more drives down the range, the head pro of the facility came up to me. At this same time, my husband had walked up to the tent. The head pro told me that I was loosing distance because I was choked down about 1.5 inches on the driver. I explained to him that the club was a men's driver which was longer.

He argued with me and told me that he knew what he was talking about because he was a teaching pro. I told him that I would swing the club his way, but wanted a piece of impact tape on the head. I hit five drives that sprayed out to the right. We both looked at the impact tape and not one ball was hit on the sweet spot. I then asked for a new piece of impact tape and told the pro to watch it my way (choked down). I hit five shots that were perfect trajectory and straight as an arrow. I showed him the impact tape and all five were on the sweet spot in the same area.

The pro started to argue with me trying to prove his point. Then my husband stepped in and explained to him that I was a woman 5'2" inches tall and a 45.75 inch driver was to long for me. This is why I was choking down. He asked the club rep standing in the tent what the length of the club was, looked at me and then walked away. He realized that he was in the wrong.

Needless to say, when I go to that range when I am visiting my home town, the pro at the facility doesn't speak to me. He only watches as I work on my game.

ATJ, I'd talk to the manager. If I were the boss, I'd want to know if my staff was screwing up.

My rant is non-golf. The Kid and I spent this evening tea dying a sheaf of notebook paper, so his pioneer journal would look authentic. What kind of dumb homework is THAT? Took forever, cluttered up the kitchen when I was also trying to make dinner, and didn't exactly teach him anything useful.

My rant for today.

When you go out of your way to help someone and never get as much as a THANK YOU. You invite them to many things (all on your dime of course) and never just hear, "thanks man, that means a lot". Sure in some ways that defeats the purpose of doing it, but in the end, selfless acts albeit selfless still feel better with a thank you at the end.

This happened to myself and GG recently. We had gone out of our way to welcome someone aboard. Never even got a thank you. It makes you sour on certain things.

Okay rant over.

When you go out of your way to help someone and never get as much as a THANK YOU.

That gets me too. How hard is it to just say thanks? Depending on the situation there is plenty of time to just say thanks.

There has been months to say thanks. It is clear that this person turned out to be somebody totally different than we ever thought.

There has been months to say thanks. It is clear that this person turned out to be somebody totally different than we ever thought.

That's too bad. There are plenty of other good people here to make up for the one bad. :alien2: :banana:

I have never had a good experience at Golf Galaxy. I went last year to purchase new irons and couldn't even get anyone to ask me if I needed help. I stood there for 20 minutes and no one approached me. There was a group of 3 employees standing around talking to each other. Made eye contact with them several times. I left the store and sent a email to the customer service from their website. I did receive a response offering a discount but went somwhere else instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back