Introducing Swingbyte

I haven't been able to get mine to work, for some odd reason. It shows up on my iPhone, sync's fine, lights go on, it shows as recording but screen is blank. Any ideas? Has anyone else experienced this? Swingbyte has been very responsive thus far, but I can't seem to figure it out. I went through a full range session hoping to have some awesome results to look at, but got home and had nothing show up.

did you check to make sure you were recording swings? or did you assume it was and got home and it didn't? you have to hit the + button at the upper left hand corner to get it to record. it took me a minute to figure it out but i got it to work after a few tries.

did you check to make sure you were recording swings? or did you assume it was and got home and it didn't? you have to hit the + button at the upper left hand corner to get it to record. it took me a minute to figure it out but i got it to work after a few tries.
Yeah, I did everything right... It even shows that it's recording in the upper right corner.

The SwingByte is all packed up and ready for the trip to the 2012 THP Outing. I updated my iPhone's installation today so we're ready to roll down there boys and girls!
I really want to see this up close and personal.

Did you do the update?
yep, gonna try it on my Android tablet in a hour or so after it charges (HP tablet) to see if it works on there.

I want to see you guys at the outing comparing the data from the swing byte to the launch monitor...if its accurate I am ordering one immediately.

Got mine today and I love this thing. A quick sugestion would be to put version info on one of the screens so we know what we got. My IPAD updated but my Android did not (I don't think).
Has any one had issues with the device rotating on impact and skewing the data? Gotta find something to add more adhesion to the club. But this is an OCASSIONAL problem and I gotta say I think this is definitely too cool. I'll take it to my Golftec lesson and AB the data.

Got mine today and I love this thing. A quick sugestion would be to put version info on one of the screens so we know what we got. My IPAD updated but my Android did not (I don't think).
Has any one had issues with the device rotating on impact and skewing the data? Gotta find something to add more adhesion to the club. But this is an OCASSIONAL problem and I gotta say I think this is definitely too cool. I'll take it to my Golftec lesson and AB the data.

That would be great, make sure you post all the data here!

I really want to see this up close and personal.

DHL attempted to deliver twice and I signed to have them leave it on the doorstep... Should have it in hand tomorrow. I will put this to the test against Trackman (likely next week) and report back. Have a blast at the outing... I'm sure you guys will have similar comparisons with the tech available at Grand Cypress. Wish I could be there.

I want to see you guys at the outing comparing the data from the swing byte to the launch monitor...if its accurate I am ordering one immediately.

not gonna be able to check it with the launch monitor at demo day due to the fact that cameras and cell phones are not allowed at demo day.

Swing History on IOS is now showing

Swing History on IOS is now showing

Oh ok..Great..now i see my swing history
Guys - the Android and iOS apps have been updated. I strongly recommend you get the update. Big things fixed are the club parameter ranges, and a bunch of stability stuff for Android. iOS had a couple of bugs that were behind the scenes, and now has autocalibration like the Android app.

We just got the approval email from Apple about the new version, so it may take a few hours for it to actually be available everywhere. Version 1.1 is what you want.

A word on autocalibration: the app continuously looks at the quality of data coming in, and will occasionally ask you to calibrate. It'll make a noise and throw up a message that says "your device requires calibration, please put the club ont he ground, etc."

Please make sure to put the device on the ground (or lean it against something) so it isn't moving at all, and *then* press ok on that message. If press ok while the device is still moving, it'll calibrate wrong. Not a huge deal, just a pain in the ***.

If that does happen, force quit the app and restart and record again, it'll run calibration again.

not gonna be able to check it with the launch monitor at demo day due to the fact that cameras and cell phones are not allowed at demo day.

Sorry, I wasn't aware of that restriction.

Does it work putting?

Does it work putting?

I got mine set up last night. Since I was in my living room, I figured I'd try it putting, since I read somewhere that that should work. But, when I started recording, I got nothing. I finally did get it to work, but I had to hit the ball much harder than I wanted to, more like a long chip than a putt. I guess it needs more impact to trigger.

Has anybody else had this experience?

I got mine set up last night. Since I was in my living room, I figured I'd try it putting, since I read somewhere that that should work. But, when I started recording, I got nothing. I finally did get it to work, but I had to hit the ball much harder than I wanted to, more like a long chip than a putt. I guess it needs more impact to trigger.

It registered a 4.9 mph swing with the putter for me - short putt.

It should work on short putts, assuming you're hitting a real golf ball and not a foam ball. Did the app ask you to calibrate?

That would be a great idea to do! Maybe someone can convince them for a short period of time to allow someone to do that as a special situation/test. Would love to see the variance.

That would be a great idea to do! Maybe someone can convince them for a short period of time to allow someone to do that as a special situation/test. Would love to see the variance.

guys - i do want to mention one thing with respect to comparisons to stationary monitors. most of the numbers are dependent on positioning. that means that face angle, path and attack angle for a stationary system are relative to a target line that you set on it. on Swingbyte, these numbers are relative to the club face at address (assuming it's on squarely to the club face).

just something to keep in mind - it's hard to get a true apples to apples comparison, with the exception of club head speed

guys - i do want to mention one thing with respect to comparisons to stationary monitors. most of the numbers are dependent on positioning. that means that face angle, path and attack angle for a stationary system are relative to a target line that you set on it. on Swingbyte, these numbers are relative to the club face at address (assuming it's on squarely to the club face).

just something to keep in mind - it's hard to get a true apples to apples comparison, with the exception of club head speed
That's what I was implying to use it for. I did see the clip on your blog that shows the comparision with the hitting bay system and it was pretty spot on. But yes, for the most part, I would assume that this devise would be used more for club angle during the golf swing and club path. Would that be accurate?

Hey everyone, I was just wondering if anyone is still waiting for an estimated delivery date on DHL's website. Swingbyte support said for me to wait 24 hours and it should good. However DHL said they recieved the online Airway reciept but my package hasnt been shipped yet. I'm a little confused now. I received my tracking number from swingbyte on May 12. Its been well over 24 hours. Thanks for the help.​

There's some type of glitch going on that a Swingbyte rep is looking into. My shipper information airbill was electronically created 16:22 last Saturday and I was given a DHL tracking number (and an e-mail from Swingbyte that "Your Swingbyte Has Shipped!"), but there's been no further tracking updates. I called DHL this morning and they say the package hasn't been released to them yet. I purchased the unit on 4/26.

Back