What ball did you play your last round and what did you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question, I have never played a pro v1x as I have always assumed with my SS, that I needed to play a regular pro v1. The last two times my SS has been recorded it was 101 and 102, which was a year ago. I hit the ball now about 265 off the tee. Should I try a 1x? I have always judged balls backwards. How do I like a ball around the greens and feel with putting, then take it to the tee regardless. Is it noticeably harder feeling than a pro v1?

Unless you aren't happy with the performance of the Pro V1, I would stick with it. I'm not an expert or anything, but in my experience, I've found the Pro V1 to be softer around the greens and more "grabby" on short pitches than the 1X. That being said, the 1X performs admirably around the greens and has plenty of hold on long approach shots and spin on wedges. You will probably notice less spin off the driver with the 1X and it may not be as easy to work the ball.

Question, I have never played a pro v1x as I have always assumed with my SS, that I needed to play a regular pro v1. The last two times my SS has been recorded it was 101 and 102, which was a year ago. I hit the ball now about 265 off the tee. Should I try a 1x? I have always judged balls backwards. How do I like a ball around the greens and feel with putting, then take it to the tee regardless. Is it noticeably harder feeling than a pro v1?

Yes, you'll feel the difference. It's noticeably harder. Still feels great.

Been playing these new NXT Tour's from Titleist that I got in the mail. Not sure how well I like them yet, but time will tell! Only played about 5 holes with one yesterday. Another 18 for them today, though.

Same here! Hoping to try them out today!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Played the Q-star for 18 yesterday. Have previously been playing e6 and 330rx. Distance was comparable with both. More approach spin than e6 and a hair less than the 330 rx. Wedges were consistently 10-12 yards longer with q star. They were aerating greens while we were playing, but ball felt great off the putter. Seems like I could get used to this ball and at $25, it's a helluva deal.

Played the Velocity again today. Really the only thing stopping me from gaming it is the spin. It's long and it feels good, but I can't stop it at all.

I'm playing, and really happy with, the Top Flite Gamer V2. I think it's the best ball for the money out there today. Good spin off of the short irons, length off of the tee, and a durable cover and a $20 retail price point. My only real worry is whether or not it's going to still be available since Callaway sold the Top Flite brand to Golf Galaxy/ Dick's Sporting Goods last month. I expect that it will disappear from all other stores but those two, but I hope that they keep it on the shelves without screwing it up like they did with their last acquisition, Nickent.

My top 2 balls are v1x and Z Star XV. Got a sleeve of Penta TP3 and liked everything about them except ability to hold greens on approach. Felt great off the putter and really good on par 3s off the tee. Just won't grab the green on full wedge shots like the V1x will. Going to play Hex Black next weekend.

I played a yellow Bridgestone E6 I found yesterday while playing the North-South course today during the outing. Man those things go far and straight. Dont know actual distances as our carts werent GPS equipped. Not the softest things in the world though but fun to play.

Last edited:
Played a ProV1x all round because I had a random new one in my bad. Thoughts? Um, it was a ProV1x. Played it 100 times before, good ball, but there are better available for me.

It is very long for me though.

Played a Tour B330 last round, LOVE this ball, just can't spin it like I was with the RX. Hoping the 330s may help with that, as I am in love with Bridgestone balls.

TM Burner TP. Still good, still durable, close to not being the right ball anymore. As I start hitting more greens in regulation I'm starting to havie more problems with this ball. Starting to need a ball with a little more brakes.

Played the Velocity again today. Really the only thing stopping me from gaming it is the spin. It's long and it feels good, but I can't stop it at all.
I played the velocity last week for 9 holes.. I kinda liked it as well. I could get it to check up on the greens. That's all I can do with any ball. But it is LONG.

I played the velocity last week for 9 holes.. I kinda liked it as well. I could get it to check up on the greens. That's all I can do with any ball. But it is LONG.

Dude. it's insane. other distance balls have nothing on it IMO. It feels good to hit your 3 wood farther than everyone else hits a driver, but with this it feels REALLY good to SMOKE the 3 wood past everyone else's drive. Still gotta figure out how to make it check up though...

nxt tour last two rounds and i think i will stick with it for good .

I'm new to the game and bought a 24 pack of Nike Mojo for $20. Well I ended up losing most of them but it wasn't a big loss, those thing would never stop on the greens.

However on the last 9 holes I used a B330RX that I had found in the woods and loved it! just bought a bunch of ebay, that should last me for a while.

I gamed the next tour s today and really liked it. It was the yellow ball and was easy to spot! I was impressed, thanks titleist!

Sent from my iPhone

Rocked the Rocketballz again today and it still hasn't done anything to knock my socks off. Seems a little shorter than the Burner TP, and while I am by no means a high spin player I have yet to get it to check up.

played bridgestone e6's today until i lost them all then i moved to a beat down callaway hx bite from the crappy ball pocket of my bag, which then lasted the rest of my round. considering a serious switch to yellowed heavily used callaway hx bites.

played bridgestone e6's today until i lost them all then i moved to a beat down callaway hx bite from the crappy ball pocket of my bag, which then lasted the rest of my round. considering a serious switch to yellowed heavily used callaway hx bites.

I use them on occasion, e6 are way too expensive for what they are, I'll take the yellowed hx bites any day

I played with a ProV 1X again today. I like the distance and lower spin off the tee. I had trouble stopping it around the green when chipping, but I think that was a product of hard, fast greens and me still trying to get used to my new wedges. I'm liking the 1X, but want to try the HEX Black, TP5, and Srixon XV (I think) before deciding on what ball to play this season.

Played a couple rounds over the last 2 days and used a few different balls.

Started off with some Callawat HX Bites. Girlfriend biught a dozen of these as gift for christmas and have been gaming them for the beginning of the season. Really like the feel of the ball off the putter a stops on the green fairly well on the short clubs as well. Lost the last couple I had left.

Started using some of the Top Flight GamerV2 which was my ball last season. After using the Callaway ball this season don't like the feel of this ball off the putter.

Only had 1 GamerV2 so I decided to try an older ProV1X I had sitting around. Not much to say that hasn't already been said about this ball.

Am hoping to find a mid priced ball that is comparable to the HX Bite. Any suggestions?

Played a few different ones lately; Q Star, B330, and e6.....hate the e6, but quite fond of the 330 (maybe like the 330rx more), I just don't know if the 330 line beat out the Q Star in $$$/performance.

Top Flite Gamer v2.

Shot 76...I think that says plenty lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back