Best Shot Of Your Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
I played The Outlaw in Alto, NM yesterday. It is one of the beautiful and challenging course I have played. On the 18th, I had a 60 yard bunker shot to the green. I hit a hard 9 iron to 10 feet. Burned the putt.

I got a condor today!

I wish lol. Best shot was a hook around the tree onto the green to set me up for a birdie that I missed.

All three shots on the par 4 17th. 255 yard hole with water on the right and a road on the left. The fairway bottlenecks close to the green, and slopes a little right. Easy swing with the driver stayed center and ran up to the end of the fairway, leaving me with about 25 yds to the hole. Easy pitch with my 56° stopped pin high and 4ft to the right. Putted inside right edge and dropped my first birdie of the year.

Grabbed my buddies R9 4 iron to hit on the 235 yard par 3, 13th. Pin was back, and I just wanted to get it 220 and let it release up...long or over is dead. Honestly, in my head I was just praying I could get it to carry 220.

Hit a piercing baby draw right at the flag, and FLEW THE GREEN. Honestly, at the time I was so shocked at how far it went that I wasn't able to get super pissed..until I got to my next shot and saw what I had left. Told my buddy "I might cancel the i20 order and just buy these off of you". Pretty certain I'll never hit a longer 4 iron in my life.

Ties for 2nd best: 20 yard pitch/flop that hit the stick on one bounce and left me a foot for birdie...hitting the stick was the only way I was going to stop it too. 6 iron right at the stick on a 207 yard par 3 into a slight breeze, but about 6 yards short.
Outside of the fact that it flew the green, it was the best feeling shot I've hit all year.

Second shot on the par 5, 466 yd 6th hole at Riverside in Edmonton, with the flag in the back. Hit it about 225 with an easy 5 wood. Had a putt for eagle and made the birdie.

was either the 310 yard drive that may or may not have hit a sprinkler head .... or the 40 foot par save putt.

I was playing a hole that I usually bogie. Today I was 155 out and hit a smooth 9 iron to about 10 feet above the whole. Two putt for par:bananadance:

547516_3279477901520_1104690188_32464143_78669230_n.jpg

6th hole is a 385yd par 4, hit a poor drive with the driver, but was in play in the left rough. Green was blocked by a bunker in front of me raised on a mound, so I had to guess on yardage and went with a 8iron from 155-160ish and played a knockdown shot that pitched on about 8 feet short and ended up here.
Also went 3 wood, 6 iron on the par 5 16th 540yds to 20ft and made an easy birdie.

was either the 310 yard drive that may or may not have hit a sprinkler head .... or the 40 foot par save putt.

If no one saw it happen, then it didn't! Same as no one saw or heard my 318 yard drive hit the cart path (maybe a couple or a few times). Even though it almost definitely had to!

Hit three wood to the par three fourth today, 235 yards, to about 15 feet. I bet I have played this course 15 times and never hit the green until today.

From the heavy right rough, 149 yards, I had to cut around the corner and over a number of tall trees to a tiny green. Stuck the ball 2 1/2 feet on the high side and made my birdie.

Hit a tee shot just a little off the fairway yesterday. From short rough 165 yard outs, I hit a 6 iron bounced on the fringe and rolled slowly to within 5 feet. Lipped out the put but tapped in for par. Was very very happy with that hole.

Mine was an up and down from the sand to save a 79 on the North/south yesterday. The putt went in thanks to a wonderful read by OneT.

Two shots actually, the long tee shot onto a narrow fairway with water all the way down the left side and then my second shot a 4 hybrid from just inside 200 yards into the wind over water and a bunker at front right to within 12 feet on the number one handicap hole on the golf course. Missed the eagle putt or it would have really been something but I will take a birdie there any day.

First and Only

First and Only

So I went out playing cards with the guys on Friday night tell about 1200 pm, then woke up at 0600 Saturday to play in a tournament. Feeling like S**T I won the toss to tee up first out of my foursome. We started on hole 9 a 200-190 Par three, small tee-off shoot all the way to the green, with a front right side bunker and a step down from right to left slop. I think It number three in difficulty. So here I am can barely concentrate on the ball take my hands back with my Taylor Made XD 6 Iron and strike the ball perfectly. Everyone in the four some say great stroke and I stick my TM RBZ 3ft from the hole, and win myself a dozen Tittlest Balls. Then I couldn’t hit a single shot for the rest of the day.

535 par 5 hit an amazing drive down the middle that left me 196 out. Pulled on the 7 iron and put it on the green!!!!!! Missed the eagle putt but got the birdie.

12th hole - par 3: plays pretty short and the pin was in what we call the "birdie valley". The entire right side of the green funnels to the front right corner, right where the pin was. Hit a nice PW that barely caught the slope and nestled itself to 2ft for bird.

14th Hole - par 5, had 243 middle/261 back according to uPro. Ball was sitting on a pretty good downslope so I knew it would come out low and chase for a while. Hit my 3 hybrid and boy did it run. RIGHT by the hole and settled about 10ft for eagle (left the putt short :banghead:but tapped in for the birdie).

2 back to back par3 tee shots both were perfect distance just a lil bit right/left of the hole
one with an 8i 139 and the other with a 6i 159

They've dug a new ditch across the fairway on our 17th hole, which is about 290 yards to carry. It's a short par 5, so it can pose a bit of trouble or at least lengthen the hole. Well, drove over it for the first time yesterday. Carried 4-5 yards over it and it was a stonkin' great drive.

One of my local courses has a 517 yard Par 5 that at about 350 downrange has a large tree filled ravine that runs all across the entire fairway. The tee shot is slightly downhill and long hitter can roll it into the ravine. The best tee shot is a draw that hugs the left side and lets the slope bring it back to center for the best angle to go at the green that is protected by two large front bunkers. My tee shot was perfect with a slight draw that carried it to the left side and rolled all the way to the rough right before the ravine, sitting about 195 out. While wind assisted and slope aided, I will take a 300+ yard bomber any day.

Choked down on my 910H and busted it right at the left corner of the green, ending up about 3 feet off with a 20 footer for eagle. And as a true mid-capper I proceeded to short my first roll, miss my 3 footer and walk away with a frustrating par. :banghead:

Best shot of this round was a 2-hybrid from about 215 back into the wind. Flighted it low, landed a little short, nice bounce, and some roll to 3 inches. Nice tap in birdie.

Par 4, shortish playing about 320. I hit a terrible drive that slices into the far side of the adjacent fairway up a little mound. The ball is slightly above my feet and I have a break in the trees but the break is left of the green. I an going to need to hit some sort of little fade. Pull my 5 hy thinking I have about 170-180 to the pin and absolutely flush it. It starts straight and then starts to head towards the green. Ended up about 20 ft or so below the hole. I three put for bogey but it was an awesome second shot.

232 par 3 over water. 220 to carry. 3 wood to the middle of the green. with the sun in my face, haha

I had 220ish out on the first par 5 tonight, and yanked the heck out of a 4 iron into the heather (which is impossible to find balls in).. Took my drop, ended up hitting an absolutely awesome 4 iron this time with a small draw that ended up rolling out just beyond the hole with a kick in for par..

Would have preferred the kick in eagle!!

Last edited:
On a par 4 where I hit a really poor drive and then laid up with a 9 iron, I had 110 yards to a green that was uphill from the fairway, and the pin was on the back tier of the green with a huge slope about 5 yards in front of the pin, so it's really important to get onto the back tier. I hit a 3/4 pitching wedge that never left the flagstick, ended up 2 feet away for a tap-in par. The pitchmark was 1 foot to the right of the hole.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back