Driver Slice Cure

I tried this with my new R11s and realized the stock 'stiff' shaft is no where near what I need. I had it at 8.25 deg loft and c+ and sending it to the right like the fairway had bad breath. "allegedly" the stock stuff is only good to about 90mph. The concept worked great and contact was solid, I must say.

Weak sauce.

I had the exact same set up on my R11s and was doing the same thing. Once I switched to this set up, I went back to standard loft and back to C. I'm drawing the ball now which is something I've never been able to do

Tapa Slice

In testing out my Swingbyte this weekend I remembered this thread and tried out the setup in the video. I really like to play the ball off my left heel with the driver so I do have a problem with my shoulders getting open at address. When I played with Cookie (mcook77) and Tadashi back in February I did not have one of my better driving days and remember Tadashi saying after one drive I hit to the left, "you were aimed up that way". So was curious if this might help me get setup a bit better.

I hit about 10 dives doing this and really hit about each one of them straighter. It did take some getting use to moving my eyes from driver to ball once I started the swing but my setup just felt a whole lot better. I will be trying this out on the course later this week and am interested to see what the results will be. Till then!

I had the exact same set up on my R11s and was doing the same thing. Once I switched to this set up, I went back to standard loft and back to C. I'm drawing the ball now which is something I've never been able to do

Tapa Slice

I did tis too, I thought I needed a lower launch angle and it was going to the right. I went to upright lie, +.75 loft and then I started drawing and hooking so I switched to a stiff shaft and everything worked out. Once I got my swing down and stopped coming over the top I feel like my R11 is right for me.

Man I have a terrible slice and all ways thought it was my set up! This looks like the thing to help me out, well maybe it will help me be more constant. Think I'm going to try to play tomorrow. I going to try it at the range first, then well see and I'll report my progress.

I saw a different video it was sort of along the same lines, not so complicated though. On the range move your back foot back behind your lead foot and swing. What happens is you get the club back on a flatter plane and more behind rather than up. It basically stops you from coming over the top because you cant get the club back to the ball that way. The only way you can get the club back to the ball is from the inside out.
On the course just do it in your practice swings.

I was slicing into the next fairway last year and today I hit 11 of 13 fairways.

I tried out what they said to do on the video, seamed to work out for the first few holes, I know I need to adjust just a minor thing or two. I think one of the big things is my driver, but I think I just solved that problem buy get a new driver( needs a shaft)!

I saw a different video it was sort of along the same lines, not so complicated though. On the range move your back foot back behind your lead foot and swing. What happens is you get the club back on a flatter plane and more behind rather than up. It basically stops you from coming over the top because you cant get the club back to the ball that way. The only way you can get the club back to the ball is from the inside out.
On the course just do it in your practice swings.

I was slicing into the next fairway last year and today I hit 11 of 13 fairways.

just be careful with developing a swing that is too flat, this leads to some inconsistencies that will be characterized by misses both left and right, if your swing is too flat, the club can get stuck far behind the body leading to two things: a block right, or a a push since you have to swing acres the ball with a closed face to reach the ball sometimes, this is one thing that I worked on this last month with my club pro, once I made my swing more upright my drives became straighter.

But whatever works for you is important! 11 of 13 fairways is awesome!

I have really concentrated on not swaying this year, and it is working great. Another thing is to keep my right elbow close to my body. Since I concentrated on these 2 things I have been hitting the ball Crazy Good.

Me too! what kept me from swaying was keeping my right knee inside my leg and it kept the weight rolling outward and causing a sway, bam slice was gone

Thanks for posting this up, I found this video a while ago and found it useful ... but had forgotten about it.

I've used this the past 3 weeks or so and it works so well, I tee it up, setup, then ground the club about 5-6" back and take my swing, confidence builder not having to worry about alignment which was a main problem of my driver setup. My playing partners kind of laughed at me when I setup with closed feet and then did it every driver hole, but it doesn't matter to me.

I just joined the forums last week and this is my first post. I had not picked a club up in over 5 years and a couple weeks ago decided to hit the range. I picked up a used driver from my local golf shop and was having a hard time hitting it, then I saw this thread. Today I tried the technique on the video and I am a believer. Only hit a couple dozen balls with the driver, but not a single slice. I didn't hit it very long, but i think with a little practice I will regain the distance I've lost over the last 5 years.

There's some great info on this site, and I'm looking forward to hanging around here.

Brandon

Welcome to the forums - you'll find a bunch of liars here because they are NOT hackers and are actually quite good!! :D
QUOTE=BrandonH;1373886]I just joined the forums last week and this is my first post. I had not picked a club up in over 5 years and a couple weeks ago decided to hit the range. I picked up a used driver from my local golf shop and was having a hard time hitting it, then I saw this thread. Today I tried the technique on the video and I am a believer. Only hit a couple dozen balls with the driver, but not a single slice. I didn't hit it very long, but i think with a little practice I will regain the distance I've lost over the last 5 years.

There's some great info on this site, and I'm looking forward to hanging around here.

Brandon[/QUOTE]

just be careful with developing a swing that is too flat, this leads to some inconsistencies that will be characterized by misses both left and right, if your swing is too flat.

Took it to the range many times. Now that my feel for where the club is behind me is getting better I have played around with getting flatter and steeper and watched ball flight. The other thing it does is get the right elbow in tight.
Its getting more grooved now and I have been averaging 11 of 13 so far this year (Last week the two misses were about a foot into the left rough.)

Like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YO-NF7SwGws

I finally got out there and tried it at the range. Very nice. My shot went a lot straighter. I'll give it a try out on the course this weekend. Thank you for the find.

I've been doing this for a while now and have ingrained it into my driver setup. I like it but if I don't release my hips and pivot off of my right side (without turning into the target) it is duck hook city.

My suggestion is to also add the swing to first base thought and the solves it, taking crazy left out of play.

Another little tid bit that I have added to this and I am hitting more fairways and hitting FW's and Hybrid's straighter than ever! The simple little thought is turn my right shoulder down and towards the ball on the downswing I think this has stopped me from spinning my upper body to fast. I am hitting it straighter than ever and have to deal with this DRAW thing off the tee. I have to keep convincing myself I am not going to slice it anymore and quit pulling it to the left.

Just wanted to add my experience here. Came across this thread a few days ago. I had a chance to try the suggested setup (from the video described in the first post) both on the range and on the course yesterday. All I can say is, WOW. It worked as advertised! I had a couple of shots that still moved to the right but I knew when I hit them I didn't stay down in my swing. I was impressed to say the least.

Hopefully more results after Sunday's round...

I'm still using this setup technique, but slightly modified. I still do the feet together, turn my lead foot and step out with my trail foot setup. Once I feel my shoulders are square, I have been pushing my hips forward slightly to try to reach the Reverse-K setup that you hear praised a lot.

I had pretty decent results this morning at the range.

I tried this technique during my round today. Only one slice out of the whole lot. The course was abandoned so I hit multiple shots off of every tee. My shots seem to be left of center using this set-up. I am not sure if this is a result of a flaw in my footing or what at this point?! I still need to practice more, but I am very happy with the results thus far. KCM

I tried this technique during my round today. Only one slice out of the whole lot. The course was abandoned so I hit multiple shots off of every tee. My shots seem to be left of center using this set-up. I am not sure if this is a result of a flaw in my footing or what at this point?! I still need to practice more, but I am very happy with the results thus far. KCM

You could try limiting the amount you open your left foot. Basically your getting through the ball more and the ones where you really feel like you catch it well seem left. It's all just aiming. At least for me that was the case

Tapa Slice

I will try this at the range tonight. So tired of slicing.

One thing to try to correct a slice is to just take the club back more inside on the back swing, a tighter turn back with a square or a closed stance will help get the club inside going back but you have to keep it there, so be sure and keep that right or back elbow in close on your downswing back into the ball. Also you want to feel in your setup like your body is ahead of the ball slightly not behind it, if you are reaching forward (toward the target) to get back to the ball during your swing that is a guaranteed slice move, the ball should be hit from a contact position even with to only slightly ahead of your belt buckle not way forward toward the target. One way to hit an intentional draw/hook or fade/slice is to setup with your hands positioned behind the ball (fade/slice) or ahead of the ball (draw/hook). If you are not coming over the top then this may have a bigger impact on your ball flight than you might think. Try setting up with your hands even with the ball and experiment with them being slightly ahead or behind. Check yourself in a full length mirror to see what you are doing in your setup, you might be surprised where you have the ball positioned relative to your hands at address.

One thing to try to correct a slice is to just take the club back more inside on the back swing, a tighter turn back with a square or a closed stance will help get the club inside going back but you have to keep it there, so be sure and keep that right or back elbow in close on your downswing back into the ball. Also you want to feel in your setup like your body is ahead of the ball slightly not behind it, if you are reaching forward (toward the target) to get back to the ball during your swing that is a guaranteed slice move, the ball should be hit from a contact position even with to only slightly ahead of your belt buckle not way forward toward the target. One way to hit an intentional draw/hook or fade/slice is to setup with your hands positioned behind the ball (fade/slice) or ahead of the ball (draw/hook). If you are not coming over the top then this may have a bigger impact on your ball flight than you might think. Try setting up with your hands even with the ball and experiment with them being slightly ahead or behind. Check yourself in a full length mirror to see what you are doing in your setup, you might be surprised where you have the ball positioned relative to your hands at address.

One thing that you have to be careful with is bringing the club too much inside on the backswing, this can cause you to be really flat at the top and have to swing across and over the top just to reach the ball, this is typical of a lot of slicers. And although having a closed stance can help with the slice, the swing flaw still exists and can get worse over time. One thing I learned to do was to quiet my lower body and use my hips to turn and once my weight is transferred, I pull the butt of the club down towards the ball which unwinds my hips. and this keeps me from sliding and my right elbow falls into my side allowing the club to come from the inside. This is something the honorable Tadashi taught me and I have seen significant differences in my game.

Back