Hybrid Preference?

Scrib

Reaction score
Handicap
Looking to fill a gap between my 3-wood and three iron... Was curious what everyone is playing here, brand, etc???

Just wanted a place to start and take a look as everyone and their brother makes hybrids these days.

I game the PING G10's, and absolutely love them.

The offerings from Nickent, Bobby Jones, Callaway, Taylor and I'm sure several others are all as well excellent.

Go to the local golf shop, and start whacking away at demo's, and dial in your findings from there.

My two favorite are the Nickent 5DX and the Wilson Staff FYbrid.

my favorite by far is the Nickent 5DX. long, straight, and forgiving.

Well I have a Tour Edge ironwoods in the 3, 4, and 5 irons that I pull out every now and then. Easiest clubs I've ever hit but not very long. I also have a Sonartec MD 17* with a NVS hybrid shaft. I love the look and when I hit it well it goes but unfortunately those times are few and far between.

I use the Cobra Baffler DWS hybrids from a couple of years ago, but I've been wanting to try the Nickents. Unfortunately, Nickent wasn't at the demo day I went to over the weekend. :sad:

At your handicap I would also suggest the Adams Idea Pro and Idea Pro Gold. I have one right now and love it. You can hit it high, low, left to right, right to left, everything. I'm looking to pick up another here pretty soon.

I carry the Adams Idea Pros and am very happy with them

I have the Nickent 3DX in 2H-5H flavors....
I also have the Wishon 321LI in the same range....

Currently hitting the Nickents and loving them...

I've never hit another club, not just hybrid, that feels as good and flies as well as the Nickent 4DX Ironwood.

Cobra Bafflers here. I love 'em.

i personally prefer the titleist hybrids. they are really solid clubs. many don't like them but as a low handicap i say they get the job done and have never let me down

I currently have the Nickent 3DX RC hybrids and love them. Still want to try out the 5DX soon, everyone has been raving about it's performance.

Everyone has their own personal preference in hybrids. I have tried several different brands & never got to a point where I enjoyed the feel of them, until I tried out the TM Burners. Still a bit of a work in progress with them but it was comong around last year. I also like the TEE 4h I picked up, for some reason that club worked from the 1st time I swung it.

I was using 2 Adams a3's. But now I use my Nickent 4DX #4 Ironwood, Thanks to THP and Nickent, I still use my Adams 3 hybrid, but the Nickent 4DX filled the gap better than the Adams a3 #4 hybrid.

Madhacker,
I too loved the Adams A3. Very solid club.

I have really grown to like the Adams Idea ProGold line, though they are pricey for hybrids. I like the fact that you can adjust the lie on custom orders, not a lot of brands do this. At the moment I'm content with the XLS Hybrids I use though.

I still play my old Hogan CFTs. Love, love, love 'em. If you can find them anywhere, they are worth looking at.

I have really grown to like the Adams Idea ProGold line, though they are pricey for hybrids. I like the fact that you can adjust the lie on custom orders, not a lot of brands do this. At the moment I'm content with the XLS Hybrids I use though.

AJ, I love my Pro Gold hybrid, great ball flight, great feel. I finally found a 4 hybrid for cheap to finish my bag off for the most part, other then shafts.

AJ, I love my Pro Gold hybrid, great ball flight, great feel. I finally found a 4 hybrid for cheap to finish my bag off for the most part, other then shafts.

Yes when I order my new irons I will more than likely get a 3hy to replace the 3 iron. I like too many darn things can't make up my mind.

Yes when I order my new irons I will more than likely get a 3hy to replace the 3 iron. I like too many darn things can't make up my mind.

I hear you man, up until now I liked so many clubs, but I just need to reshaft stuff and I'm set for a while.

I still play my old Hogan CFTs. Love, love, love 'em. If you can find them anywhere, they are worth looking at.

That's kind of interesting. I bought a NOS CFT 3H last fall in Myrtle Beach and have honestly struggled with it. When it's right, it's great, but I more often pull hard left with it. It always looks closed to me, and I tend to pull left.

I hit the Baffler TWS today at a Cobra demo day. I think that's my next hybrid. BIG face, and I like the way it set up better than the Hogan. I also hit a Cleveland Hibore XLS hybrid that was very easy to get up but went higher than my 7 iron.

I think I may end up with a bit o' the snake in the bag.

A friend of mine has one of those, I've hit it and the ballflight is pretty good, but I don't like the feel of them. it's a 17* hybrid, but my friend hates it. He can't hit it to save his life, and it's not because of clubhead speed because he swings hard. The only reason he keeps it is because he got it for $1.

I'm looking forward to hitting he R9 TP hybrid is has the FCT too.

Back