Callaway RAZR Fit Driver

Just got back from a demo day and really like the 8.5 with Kai'il 70 shaft... Does anyone have any feedback on this combo. I tried the Fubki 63 Tour but felt that the ball flight was a little to high...

Playing this Wednesday with my buddy that has the FIT, looking forward to getting to hit it a bit more.

Yeah, I could have probably figured a bit more out and started stronger if the first ball I hit with it hadn't been on the first tee :act-up:

That's a great way to break it in though haha. Nice work ad and hopefully the Blue is just as nice as you're imagining.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

Odd issues with this right now. It is probably me, but my miss is left now and not a hook or a draw, just a pull. The problem is it is getting me in BIG trouble. I am switching the face angle to open tomorrow when I play to see if it makes a difference. The odd thing about that is that I normally play a fade - so an open setting would exacerbate it one would think.... but I have it set now on Straight, Neutral and am missing left. I'll post again tomorrow after using the open setting. One other note, I have played several drivers in my life and have never had this issue. Hopefully I can find the setting for me, because when I catch this thing, it goes forever. Just more left than I want.

Best day I have had with the driver today. 11 of 12 fairways and I finally had that 300 yarder that everyone else is seeing! I was bombing this thing today. (Except my last hole, where I hit it 110 yards but still made the fairway!)

Just finished reading entire thread.....aliens included!!! Have owned many drivers lately(Ping Rapture V2, 910d2, VR Pro str8 fit, RBZ non-tour) And they ALL pale in comparison to the 2012 RAZR Fit ......First caveat.....I BUTT TRIMMED THE DRIVER DOWN FROM 45.5" TO 44.75"!!! SWINGWEIGHT DOWN FROM D-7 STOCK TO A MANAGEABLE D-2!!!

First and only round included 27 holes.....I won't bore you with details except 2 holes: Par-5 6th with 490yds into the wind....water all up the right and being Lefty, I can't get too aggressive with the tee shot....well today with my customized RF 10.5* STOCK Regular...****cough,cough**** I hit a drive that left me speechless.......Flat,high bomb that carried forever and rolled out to a spot I've only seen from the white tees.....215yd left to center of the green.....remember, I'm OLD!!! so 275 into the wind doesn't happen....not now anyways....

Actually , this is the only shot I'll talk about for now.....Feel,flight,forgiveness and adjustability are just outstanding.....want to get a few more rounds under my belt to lock the settings in place....that's it for now....updates to follow.

Odd issues with this right now. It is probably me, but my miss is left now and not a hook or a draw, just a pull. The problem is it is getting me in BIG trouble. I am switching the face angle to open tomorrow when I play to see if it makes a difference. The odd thing about that is that I normally play a fade - so an open setting would exacerbate it one would think.... but I have it set now on Straight, Neutral and am missing left. I'll post again tomorrow after using the open setting. One other note, I have played several drivers in my life and have never had this issue. Hopefully I can find the setting for me, because when I catch this thing, it goes forever. Just more left than I want.

I posted this in the Callaway thread...but before I went to the open setting I would move the weights around....put the 12g weight in the toe...this should keep you from turning it over so much. Just a thought.

Not sure what to do right now. The Fit and I have gotten along very well. I am getting some good distance and my accuracy has been very good. The issue is that the club is freaking huge. I asked that it be cut down by 3/4 of an inch. Callaway lengthened it by 3/4. I have been choking up on it. Not sure if I want to mess with the SW since I am hitting it well

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

I posted this in the Callaway thread...but before I went to the open setting I would move the weights around....put the 12g weight in the toe...this should keep you from turning it over so much. Just a thought.

The thing is TBT- I already did that. I moved the weights back to the neutral position. I think the face angle in the straight setting is just more closed than my previous driver.

The thing is TBT- I already did that. I moved the weights back to the neutral position. I think the face angle in the straight setting is just more closed than my previous driver.

Do you have another driver you can hit to see if it is reacting the same way?

I may be completely off base here, but I think a closed clubface in itself would just cause a draw, where a pull is more swing related. I've been fighting a pull all year, and it's a upper body rotation issue not club related as I've done it with three clubs now.

I may be completely off base here, but I think a closed clubface in itself would just cause a draw, where a pull is more swing related. I've been fighting a pull all year, and it's a upper body rotation issue not club related as I've done it with three clubs now.

That is a really good idea man! I may give that a shot if the new setting doesn't work. I don't have any other club that this is an issue with right now. Every other club is "typical" direction and ball flight for me.

Exactly....usually if you are swinging the club on plane with a closed clubface you will see a draw, not a pull. Typically a pull comes from either coming over the top and having the clubface slightly closed or in my case when I hit them.....I at times spin my hips too quickly which causes the upper body rotation issue that Donnie is talking about.

Exactly....usually if you are swinging the club on plane with a closed clubface you will see a draw, not a pull. Typically a pull comes from either coming over the top and having the clubface slightly closed or in my case when I hit them.....I at times spin my hips too quickly which causes the upper body rotation issue that Donnie is talking about.

Thanks for the thought dude. I just find it weird that this is the only club that I am doing it with.

I'd cut it Chunkster...at the very least to it's intended stock length

Not sure what to do right now. The Fit and I have gotten along very well. I am getting some good distance and my accuracy has been very good. The issue is that the club is freaking huge. I asked that it be cut down by 3/4 of an inch. Callaway lengthened it by 3/4. I have been choking up on it. Not sure if I want to mess with the SW since I am hitting it well

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Exactly TBT, my pull is either hips leading everything else through to fast, or a good ole over the top due to my shoulders uncoiling to start the downswing (my biggest problem).

Moving the club setting to open may help mitigate the result a bit (fitter told me the same thing during my MC fitting last year), but I'm with you Ghsace that it is real disconcerting for a fader to open the clubface intentionally.

Thanks for the thought dude. I just find it weird that this is the only club that I am doing it with.

At least for me, the driver is where this always manifests itself first because it's the longest backswing, and gives me more room to have transition problems.

Exactly TBT, my pull is either hips leading everything else through to fast, or a good ole over the top due to my shoulders uncoiling to start the downswing (my biggest problem).

Moving the club setting to open may help mitigate the result a bit (fitter told me the same thing during my MC fitting last year), but I'm with you Ghsace that it is real disconcerting for a fader to open the clubface intentionally.

At least for me, the driver is where this always manifests itself first because it's the longest backswing, and gives me more room to have transition problems.

Very good reasoning man. I guess I don't want to change things too much swing wise as everything else is pretty good right now. Hopefully I'll just trust the club and the open setting and the issue will be fixed.

I think I found my setting!! Neutral weights and open shaft combined to give me my usual ball flight today. Very excited as I hit some monster drives with my normal ball movement. Very excited and glad I tinkered around with my settings. That is the beauty of this adjustable driver!! Hit 4/5 fairways with this bad boy today!

Congrats G!!! Question....what length and swingweight is your Fit?

Length is 44.75 - and the shaft is the Diamana 73x. Not sure what the swing weight is. I'll check for you though.

Congrats G!!! Question....what length and swingweight is your Fit?

I'm actually not sure. I checked the shipping details from Callaway and it didn't say. I will tell you it is the heaviest driver I have ever felt though.

I think I found my setting!! Neutral weights and open shaft combined to give me my usual ball flight today. Very excited as I hit some monster drives with my normal ball movement. Very excited and glad I tinkered around with my settings. That is the beauty of this adjustable driver!! Hit 4/5 fairways with this bad boy today!

Good deal man!! I would have a very hard time buying a non-adjustable driver anymore. In fact that's one of the big reasons I now have a Razr Fit instead of a G20 or Razr Black.

Good deal man!! I would have a very hard time buying a non-adjustable driver anymore. In fact that's one of the big reasons I now have a Razr Fit instead of a G20 or Razr Black.

This is the first one I have ever had and I don't know if I could go back either. I really appreciate it that much more now.

AD you've had a few adjustable drivers now, how do you think this one stacks up when it comes to the amount of adjustments?

Congrats ghsace! Glad you got it workin for ya again.

AD you've had a few adjustable drivers now, how do you think this one stacks up when it comes to the amount of adjustments?

I haven't hit it but seven times so far, so I can't speak to much from a performance standpoint yet, but I REALLY like the way that the Open/Closed/Standard adjustability is done without rotating the shaft and (more importantly to me) the grip. The other positives I've seen is that the adjustments are fairly simple, and from an engineering perspective, both the weight adjustments and the OptiFit hosel make sense to me about how they work...unlike a certain triangular or now pentagonal sole plate.

Back