Callaway RAZR Fit Driver

I'm playing a casual round with my son right now and I've hit 250 yard drives with my FIT 3 wood on the last two holes. This 3 wood is a bomber.

Sent from someone else's iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm playing a casual round with my son right now and I've hit 250 yard drives with my FIT 3 wood on the last two holes. This 3 wood is a bomber.

It most certainly is...Hanks was bombing that 3W last weekend.

I didn't hit the driver well yesterday...even though I hit 11/13 fairways...I was hitting alot of toe and hell shots...the fit just kept me in play!! Nothing super long, just kept the ball in the edge of the fairway for the most part.

It's really got me pondering finding a stock FIT driver shaft off the bay or here if anyone has one as I freaking love the stock shaft in the 3 wood.

I love the stock driver shaft. The few drives that I have hit with the 3w that I didnt sky have been long as well. There is a par 4 at my home course that has water way out in the fairway, a driver would easily get me into the water, and a 3w usually leaves me about 20 yards short of the water. But yesterday I hit one and I came 5 yards short of getting it in the water. Might have to start hitting hybrid on that tee :act-up: Now I just have to figure out how to hit the 3w well all the time because 75% of the time I just keep skying it, which isn't a problem with the club, its a problem with my swing...

Where are the videos from your round that were posted last week? I couldn't watch them right away, and when I went back, I couldn't remember where they were!

I had a very solid round with the regular flex Fit. Started out on the first tee with no warmup, and with two other foursomes waiting in line - I always get a little nervous in those situations - and striped one 250 down the middle. Great start. Got a little wild on 4 and 5 and pushed my drives into the trees, but got everything settled down after that. Only missed one other fairway, and that came from driving through a dogleg. A couple of my playing partners were teasing me on the first tee for using my 4th driver since February, but I think they were all heading to PGA SS by the end of the round.

Struggled with the driver again today...I am hitting everything right..either a big fade or a small slice...nothing horrible...I can still get it in the fairway...but I am not hitting it flush right now....need to spend some range time with it.

Alright, I finally get to update this thread! Got out there today and played 6 holes with my son, and then 18 real holes without my munchkin. I GPS'ed every drive I hit with the 3 wood and driver and too be honest, I was blown away with the results, especially since I haven't played in 2 and a half weeks.

Driver: To cut to the chase, my average drive today with the Razr FIT driver with the Matrix Ozik shaft was 278 yards, with the longest being 290, and the shortest being 260. The shaft combined with the Razr FIT head gives me a great ball flight that seems to carry forever, but I'm getting a surprising amount of roll considering that I chose this combo to get as much carry as I possibly could.

Dispersion is very good and once I got used to the different sound this driver makes I have found it to be addicting. Forgiveness so far seems to be very good, especially on one hole where I hit the ball out towards the toe a little bit and I lost very little distance.

3 Wood: I don't want to sound over the top and I will try and contain my excitement a little bit but I love, love love this 3 wood. It is easily the most consistent club in my bag right now, and I have so much confidence in it, that I just know I'm going to hit the fairway. Oh, and its long, longer than any other 3 wood I have had in the past. Today I was averaging 244 off the tee with the Razr FIT 3 wood today, and I didn't miss a single fairway with it. There were a couple of times today where I hit 3 wood to take some trouble long out of play, and the Razr FIT darn near put me in that trouble.

Morgan Cup or not, this 3 wood is in my bag to stay for a long time.

I was more consistent hitting the fairway with the Fit yesterday. Not every one of them was perfect but somehow they found the fairway. I am actually making solid contact but for some reason I am still pushing and hooking my driver too much. The irons are coming around well I don't know what is taking the driver so long to follow. The 3w I only hit twice off the tee because I am scared of it off the tee. I have this thing teed as low as I can get it and I still sky it, which is a swing problem but the 3w is the only club I have that problem with at this time. However, yesterday I striped the first one down the middle, and then the second one I skyed but it started right and came back left and landed right where I needed it to. I will definitely be working with my woods during my next lesson to see what my problem is. I can hit it GREAT out of the fairway, I might as well not use a tee when I want to tee off with it because I would probably hit it better. Yesterday I had 256 to the back of the green on a par 5. Shot it straight at the middle of the green and I ended up going about 10 yards over. Still chipped up and made the birdie putt. As far as the driver goes, I am seeing a few extra yards now that I have put the 12g back in the head. It is so weird, I was perfect with this driver with the 10g/2g combo and now with the 12g/2g I am not as consistent hitting the fairway but man is it long. Yesterday I measured a few out and I was 290-300 on several drives. Once I get some more consistency down with the Fit it is going to be scary.

Played two rounds with the Fit this weekend. Sliced the snot out of every drive. I just couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong. Even with the face set closed I had a wicked slice. Funny thing is, I was still hitting it around 250 out and 50 left of where I was aiming. If only I could have gotten it to go straight, I could have been hitting it around 275 which is way longer than I've hit before.

The driver and 3 wood have been inconsistent off the tee lately. Today was better than it has been over the last few rounds, but I'm definitely hoping I can find the consistency I had when I first got them again. It was impossible to miss the fairway before. I am hitting the sweet spot almost every time which is resulting in some bombs, but it always just seems to want to spin one way or the other. One thing I am going to try is switching to the HEX Black ball. Sounds weird, but I just feel like I'm hitting the ball well throughout the bag right now except for off the tee. And I hear numerous reviews saying that the Chrome has more sidespin off the tee. Today I just couldn't seem to stop over-drawing it, and it put me in some tough positions. It very well could just be my swing, I'm not trying to make any excuses, I just want to see if I can hit more fairways by switching to a ball with less sidespin off the tee. I did have some great bombs today though. Reached two par 5's in 2 that resulted in easy birdies. I am definitely seeing more distance since replacing the 10g with the 12g, probably a good 10 yards.

I have played with the Fit TA for the last couple of rounds so I put the regular Fit back in the back this past weekend. First thing I noticed was the shaft definitely feeling a little whippier. Not a bad thing, its just not something I noticed right away when I first got it, but after sticking with the TA a few rounds it is just something I noticed when I picked it back up. Ball flight is definitely a little higher than the TA, I'm sure that is due to the shaft because the PX is meant for a lower ball flight. I wouldn't say the Fit is super high though. I had a couple drives that I clobbered and I definitely feel like when I really hit one on the screws with this driver the regular Fit gave me a few more yards than the TA. Even a couple into the wind still went pretty well which surprised me since the flight was a little higher. I am not really more consistent with one more than the other, but I think the main difference between the two is just the ball flight. From now on I will probably play the TA on windy days to keep the flight down and the regular on calmer days.

Interesting thoughts IN, you might want to just play the standard fit full time to get used to it in the wind and in no wind as who knows what its going to be like during the MC and you should be confident in the big stick you're gaming. Looking at the courses, hitting the FW is going to be crucial.

Right now I have never been as confident in my woods as I am with my Razr FIT woods. Lets start with the driver shall we:

Razr FIT 10.5* driver with Matrix Ozik X-Con 6 stiff shaft, set to square with heavy weight in the heel.
I've now gotten comfortable with this driver and I've never hit a driver this well ever. I'm seeing a great ball flight, I would say it is mid-high that is carrying forever and now that the fairways are drying out I'm getting some good roll as well.

I've been GPS'ing every drive and right now I'm averaging 274 yards off the tee, and I would say that 260 of that is carry which is long for me. The most important thing for me though is that I'm straight with this driver. I'm not sure if its the FIT head, or the low spin Ozik shaft, or the combination of the two, but my dispersion has come way way down. Its gotten to the point where even on some tighter holes that I would normally hit 3 wood, or hybrid on to take some trouble out of play, I'm pulling driver because I know even if I'm off the fairway, it won't be by a lot.

Razr FIT 3 wood with the stock shaft, 15* set to square

This 3 wood has been money right from the day I got it, in fact its probably about as long as my old driver off the tee which is crazy to think about. I would describe the ball flight I am seeing as penetratingly high, in fact its exactly the ball flight that I want from a 3 wood. I'm averaging 246 yards off the tee with this 3 wood and 230 yards off the deck. I'm still not 100% confident in this 3 wood off the deck but thats is going away the more I use it. Its easy to hit off the deck, I've just not played with it enough to know what my miss is with it off the deck and I don't like doubt creeping into my mind.

If you haven't hit these woods you should really give them a try as they are just that good and the reviews that are coming in from all the guys that hit these at the THP demo day are confiming as much.

Yeah I will probably stick with the regular Fit leading up to the MC for that reason, but afterward it will be nice to have a couple different options to choose from depending on the day.

Had mine for a few weeks now and...I love it. It's long and straight. Since it's forged in parts, it's also got a lot of workability.

Good thought from IN and Breezy....after my weekend barrage, I ended up playing 72 holes in 3 days...to say the Razr Fit Driver has helped my game is an understatement.

Over 72 holes, I averaged 74% fairways hit...that's a great number...especially when most of the misses have be just off the fairway. I also have picked up 10-15 yards which is leaving me easier approaches. For the most part I hit a nice little controlled fade with the occasional straight ball thrown in.

I am also hoisting the 3w very well too, but like Breezy said I hit driver and even the tighter holes now because I am confident in my ball flight.

IN, TBT, Breeze and others I'm catching up and just loving the feedback. Been in love with this line from Callaway since I first hit it.

IN I agree with Breeze, about just getting the reg Razr Fit dailed in so you can adjust for the Morgan Cup. You'll be able to get it to where you want it no doubt!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

Had mine for a few weeks now and...I love it. It's long and straight. Since it's forged in parts, it's also got a lot of workability.

Hahaha.

Had to change the weights back to neutral. Was missing everything left today. It really cost me as the rest of my game was on the $$$. Hopefully this move fixes the problem. Distance is great- direction is a struggle right now.

I tried switching the weights back to "neutral" and lost everything even farther right than I already was. It sounds like the 12g in the toe is more of a fade setting than a neautral. Honestly I think with the way the club is weighted it either has a draw or fade bias, it doesn't seem to have a "neutral" setting to me unless you have two different weights closer in weight.

I played a couple rounds with my Fit this weekend, and I'm not quite seeing the great distance I was getting before. Still long enough, but I only hit a couple of drives over 260. This is possibly due to my idiotic decision to start messing with the settings. When I first got the 9.5* with regular shaft, I just left everything at neutral and straight settings. I had a little trouble hitting a draw, so on Friday I decided to change the weights to put the 12g in the heel. My drives that day were either straight, or big hooks, but no movement right. So I switched the club to the open setting for Saturday's round, and just about every drive when right (except of course, for the one I *really" wanted to hit right). So, I'm going back to neutral. Not sure why I experimented to begin with.

I tried switching the weights back to "neutral" and lost everything even farther right than I already was. It sounds like the 12g in the toe is more of a fade setting than a neautral. Honestly I think with the way the club is weighted it either has a draw or fade bias, it doesn't seem to have a "neutral" setting to me unless you have two different weights closer in weight.

Interesting thoughts man. This could be true. I haven't hit mine with the 'neutral' setting yet. I am going to play tomorrow with it and hopefully I'll be able to share some insight.

I had my first off day with this driver/3W today. Pushed a lot of tee shots right. I still managed a healthy 50% FIR and my misses were all playable. I did average 260 off the tee box today with a solid 278 yard bomb. The Fit and Hex Black combo is long and straight. I like that a lot

Back