Poll: Do you want your significant other to play golf with you?

Poll: Do you want your significant other to play golf with you?

• YES - LOVE THAT HE/SHE PLAYS TOO!

Votes: 42 23.1%
  • NO - DO NOT WANT HIM/HER TO PLAY!

Votes: 27 14.8%
  • YES - BUT ONLY IF I STILL HAVE MY GUY/GAL TIME!

Votes: 58 31.9%
  • WISH MY S.O. WOULD PLAY!

Votes: 55 30.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My previous significant other didnt have much of an iterest in anything sports really. I would love to find someone who liked to golf so we could share time doing something we both enjoy. I'd still like to play my competative rounds, but would absolutely love it if my significant other played.

Wish she would but she never will.....and I qoute "My B***s get in the way"

Probably play with the wife on average about 10 rounds a year. She doesn't not play other than with me which is a same because she is actually pretty decent (shoots hugh 90's). On second thought, if she played more she would probably end up beating me.

My girlfriend is a former competitive golfer. She often insists on playing whatever tees I play, we often play matches against each other, and the trash talk starts before the first tee. We have had a lot of people look at us funny (usually they look at me with mild contempt) and wonder how I can be such a prick by making her play the blues and talking trash to her. Then they see her short game and stop worrying about her. I love playing with her and we have a lot of fun but we both often play with other people, too. I'm super lucky, I know. My dad can't believe I found a girl that loves to golf so much and plays to a low 'cap.

Thought I would report back on the round my wife and I had the other day. we ended up going out as a twosome she really strugled on the front 9 but when she realized we were there for fun and if she could hit the ball on the range she should be able to hit it on the course. Her back 9 was a lot better she had two par's both on par 3 but we had one hole where we both hit the fairway and gir both putting for bird we ended up par bogey. Overall she did well and had the generous husband scoring system and came out with a 98 in reality probably 120 I didnt count the topped shots that went 10 feet. She did have the shot of the day on the 18th it was about 25 yard bunker shot that was about 15 yards of carry on the bunker and she got it into 6 feet on a downhill green. I was astonished and was so happy for her. Great day for the two of us.

I'm teaching my girlfriend to golf. If I need a guys day on the course, I'll be upfront with her and tell her she has to sit this one out.

Having her play means more rounds for me...my round with friends, rounds with guys from work, rounds with my pop, family rounds (me, pop, sis, and bro-in-law), and rounds with just her and I. The more golf, the better, and the sooner I'll be primed to qualify for the Amateur.

I'm teaching my girlfriend to golf. If I need a guys day on the course, I'll be upfront with her and tell her she has to sit this one out.

Having her play means more rounds for me...my round with friends, rounds with guys from work, rounds with my pop, family rounds (me, pop, sis, and bro-in-law), and rounds with just her and I. The more golf, the better, and the sooner I'll be primed to qualify for the Amateur.

This is the ticket bro! Seriously......

This is the ticket bro! Seriously......

Absolutely, sir. I plan to marry her...and I've played my fair share with married men. I know when you get married it goes from "I'm going to play some golf, be back later" to "Hey, um...can I play golf this weekend?"

This is just strong planning ahead on my part.

Absolutely, sir. I plan to marry her...and I've played my fair share with married men. I know when you get married it goes from "I'm going to play some golf, be back later" to "Hey, um...can I play golf this weekend?"

This is just strong planning ahead on my part.

This man is wise beyond his years :bulgy-eyes:!

I would love to have a girlfriend that enjoyed the game as much as I do. However, only if she really enjoyed playing and actually practiced some. I don't mind taking people who want to learn sometimes, but I couldn't do it everytime I played.

When my daughters were young (ages 4 to 14) we played as a family-including my wife ( the kids are now 20 and 25). We would play 9 holes in the evening once or twice per week. As the kids got older my wife played less and hasn't played much in the last 5 years as she was involved with her parents home care. Her mom and dad both passed and I am hoping she will start playing again-even 2 to 4 times per month. My oldest daughter works for the PGA at one of the sections in Ohio. I think it is good if your spouse plays. She hasn't minded me playing about 50/60 rounds per year on my own.

When my daughters were young (ages 4 to 14) we played as a family-including my wife ( the kids are now 20 and 25). We would play 9 holes in the evening once or twice per week. As the kids got older my wife played less and hasn't played much in the last 5 years as she was involved with her parents home care. Her mom and dad both passed and I am hoping she will start playing again-even 2 to 4 times per month. My oldest daughter works for the PGA at one of the sections in Ohio. I think it is good if your spouse plays. She hasn't minded me playing about 50/60 rounds per year on my own.

We had some parent care issues a few years back that really cut down on our family golf. This was before my daughter was old enough to play. Even though it was my mother, it took so much out of us that when we did have time to play, my wife would rather do something else as she would struggle on the course, and the last thing she wanted to deal with was being frustrated doing something that was supposed to be fun. I played some, but not like I/we do now.

Being a caregiver for parents can be really, really tough. I hope you're able to get your wife back out on the course.

Kevin

Back