First tournament: hole by hole coverage.

mayday1775

Reaction score
Handicap
Good morning everybody,

I just got to the course, about an hour and a half before my tee time. Weather is perfect, 75 and not a puff of wind. The tournament is a two man scramble format. I'm bout to hit the range and get warmed up. View attachment 4750

Good luck hope you have a great round.

Not a cloud in the sky, good luck, looking forward to reading this

Looks great out. Have fun, relax, and hit it well!

Good luck! Looks like a perfect day for golf.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Good morning everybody,

I just got to the course, about an hour and a half before my tee time. Weather is perfect, 75 and not a puff of wind. The tournament is a two man scramble format. I'm bout to hit the range and get warmed up. View attachment 4750

Good luck with your tournament. I'm not sure if you're plan is to comment on your play in realtime, hole by hole. If it is, my advice is to focus on the tournament itself and then write your commentary afterwards, when all is said and done.

I plan on recapping after each hole. Had a good range, driver was a little right this morning. Wedges were money!

This is a cool thread! I'll try to follow this while I'm out on the course today.

Sounds like a great way to spend a Saturday.

Hole 1, bogey. Short drive right edge bout 210. Fluffed the second shot, bunker then 2 putt. Ruff start

Hole 1, bogey. Short drive right edge bout 210. Fluffed the second shot, bunker then 2 putt. Ruff start

If this is a two man scramble which is your shots and which is your partners? My experience has been that scramble formats leads to a different approach to playing as opposed to a stroke play tournamnet or a match play tournament.​

2nd is a par 5. 280 drive left side behind a tree. Punched out to the center then a 90 yd wedge to 4ft. 2 putt par

I hope you do better on the 3 hole.

3rd par 4 dogleg left. Perfect drive to 70 out. 60* to bout 20ft. 2 putt par. Every putt is hitting alittle right today, good pace though

Hole 4, 140yd par 3. Sand wedge right edge of the green. 20 ft chip to 3 inches par.

The 5th is the hardest hole on the course all up hill 450 yards. Straight down the middle drive about 305. Second was a 8i to the right of the green. Short chip to 15ft and another 2 putt for a bogey. Gotta get rid of these 2 putts!

That was only 5 strokes

Yea, it's a long par 4

Sorry, I misread it and thought you said it was a par 5

Massive drive down the left side, 4i to about 70yds. Beautiful angle into the pin with a 56*. 15 ft left breaking putt. You guessed it, another 2 putt par

7th was a 350yd par 4 up hill leaning to the right. Drilled the drive dead center 280, 9i to about 30ft. Another 2 putt par. Left the putt short this time.

8th was a 160yd par 3. 8i off the tee into the sand. Nice out from the sand, short putt for a par

9th was a straight ahead par 4 315. 50 yards to the green on the drive. 60* to 4 ft from the pin. Birdie finally!!

Back