Forgot how to putt

TMElectric

Banned
Reaction score
Handicap
Played 18 holes today. Shot a 95. 3 putted 16 of the 18 holes. I had 7 birdie putts. I don't know how to read the greens anymore. i need to practice my putting. This is very frustrating because I. Was hitting my driver and irons great. I easily could have shaved another 10-12 strokes off my score. The moral of this story don't forget to practice putting!

Don't feel bad, I forget how to putt weekly.

Hang in there.

Just a bad day, write it off. Next round will be better.

This has happened to me recently too. I just can't putt at all. Even when I practice, it just doesn't work. I hope it goes away for you soon.

It happens to me sometimes but it is normally a lack on concentration.

Your not the only one that forgot how to put, check out my hole by hole write up from the tournament I played in today. Two putts everywhere!!!

buy a new putter thats what i do! lol seriously though i was having some putting issues since the OUTing where it was really bad all weekend and i tweaked a few things and shortened my putting routine down a little bit and switched back to a CS and my putting the last 2 rounds has improved so much. i drained 3 or 4 today i hadn't drained in a month or 2. was really nice to get some confidence back. just hang in there and put a little work in and it will come back to you!

Played 18 holes today. Shot a 95. 3 putted 16 of the 18 holes. I had 7 birdie putts. I don't know how to read the greens anymore. i need to practice my putting. This is very frustrating because I. Was hitting my driver and irons great. I easily could have shaved another 10-12 strokes off my score. The moral of this story don't forget to practice putting!

It's the arrow, not the Indian. At least according to Golfwrx members LOL.

Were you missing your putts due to speed or direction? I think that the majority of people have 3 putts because of speed issues, not direction. Figure out which one you were struggling with, and then go to work on that.

Depending on what I'm doing I tend to forget either or, that's why i try to practice everything evenly

Thanks for all the support. I was missing direction and speed. Hopefully it was just an off month.

I'd need a new putter, because this would would be broken.

just chalk it up to an off day. My putter has been getting drastically better over the past month or two, which is nice, because my lowest round yet, I putted 45 times. Had I averaged 2 putts per hole (and I was close to the pin on a number of them) I'd have broken 80. Oh well, that's golf!

I think that putter is out of good shots time for a new one. Don't worry about it too much put a little living room practice time with it if you cant practice any where else. It will come back. I sometimes forget how to chip

You are not alone TMElectric. Putting has been so inconsistent this year its insane. One round. My speed especially has been terrifyingly bad this year so far, and like Ayr said the three putts have followed.

Need more practice and more practice.... When my putting was good I think I spent more time practicing putting and chipping than anything else. Time to go back there.

I got a new bigger grip and now I've been putting a lot better since I don't use my wrists a lot anymore. I have been practicing putting way more sometimes until 11 pm and the only light left is the distant street lamp haha I practice my short game a lot now

Back