2012 US Open Contest & Official Thread [Spoilers]

Thanks to THP for another great contest. These really add another layer of excitement and enjoyment to watching the action this weekend.

My entry has been submitted, and four pros have just had their fate sealed because of it...sorry guys.

These never work out for me, and you know someone from the "usual" suspects is going to be right up there. Course seems like it will play well for shorter/straighter players with good short games. Can't wait for Thursday it needs to hurry up and get here!

Very cool contest with the "surprise" prize pack! Also love the twist of the unavailable players.....would enjoy seeing how many times they still get selected. :alien:

Awesome contest! My entry is in :good:

Got my entry in early, shooting from the hip so I dont over think it. My roster turned out suprisingly euro for the US open. I'm thinking this should be on ESPN3.com with them covering the first 2 rounds? My thursday/friday mornings are pretty free this week, might have to block them off to "get some work done" before anyone tries to get sneaky and schedule any meetings.

This is a great contest. THP does it right with major contests, not to mention all the contests done throughout the year!!! Let's go!!!!!!!!

I wonder what % of entries would have had one of the restricted players were they available.

I wonder what % of entries would have had one of the restricted players were they available.

A lot. Of course I don't know for sure, but that's my guess.

Edit for depth: Tiger has won 2 tournaments this year. Looking for his first major in a while and looks like he's on - although he hasn't always played this course great. Rory is the defending US Open champ. And Bubba is the last major champion. I bet that would have been a lot of teams who picked at least one of those guys.

I know I would have picked Tiger at least. I've heard a few times that he can probably get around Olympic without using driver too much, and we've seen that in both his wins this year that if he can rely on 3w or 2i off the tee he's dangerous. I think Tiger puts the 2i in play when he can get some run, and I think the course is going to be playing hard and fast this week. There isnt any rain predicted for San Fran right now at least either.

I am in. I love these contests, they are so much fun and make it even more exciting to watch the events.

I know I would have picked Tiger at least. I've heard a few times that he can probably get around Olympic without using driver too much, and we've seen that in both his wins this year that if he can rely on 3w or 2i off the tee he's dangerous. I think Tiger puts the 2i in play when he can get some run, and I think the course is going to be playing hard and fast this week. There isnt any rain predicted for San Fran right now at least either.

Yeah. I wonder if Tigger will bag the 2i this week or stick with his trusty 5 wood. I'mm gonna say the 5 wood. He seems to love that club and it works well for him.

Yeah, I would have probably picked Tiger as well. He's been so up and down, but I still wouldn't bet against him.

Can't wait for the weekend!

Awesome insight in this article from the guy that has won the club championship at Olympic 7 times!

http://www.golf.com/tour-and-news/o...s-tees-shots-train-wrecks-and-finicky-weather

The biggest thing I took away from the article was this line at the very end:
And the winner is ...: "The player who recognizes the harder pin placements and can brush off the bogeys will do well. The absolute key to contending in this U.S. Open will be shaping your tee shots to keep them in the heavily sloped fairways. Olympic is a first-shot course -- you will not have too much trouble with most second shots."

Awesome contest THP!! Thanks so much for this!

So DJ comes back with a solid showing his first tourney back and then wins this past weekend. What are everyone's thoughts on DJ at the us open? He's a polarizing figure to me. Length off the tee but is he really good enough a putter to win the US Open?

So DJ comes back with a solid showing his first tourney back and then wins this past weekend. What are everyone's thoughts on DJ at the us open? He's a polarizing figure to me. Length off the tee but is he really good enough a putter to win the US Open?

I think he's one to look at. Though coming back from injury and playing 3 straight weeks could possibly take it's toll on him. Who knows. I mean when healthy I consider him a contender.

DJ's putter is back and forth, when he's making putts he's going to be really hard to beat, if he's having an off week with the putter, he'll be in the running, but wont compete for the win.

I'd have definitely had Tiger in my group this week no question!

I'm thinking DJ might have actually practiced his putting while he was on the DL. He couldnt work out or take full swings so maybe he had a chance to work on his short game. 2 great weeks has got to give him some confidence coming into a major as well.

Its going to be hard for me to keep DJ off my fantasy squad with two solid weeks like that.

Its going to be hard for me to keep DJ off my fantasy squad with two solid weeks like that.

Yeah, I had to include him though he's one of my favorites!

Kmac what are your thoughts on Duffner for this?

Back