Most Holes Played In One Day?

45 for me. 18 at one course in the morning then another 18 riding at another course. Played 9 with the walking group at 5:30 and I can say I was wiped out!

My father in law was turning 55 today and we were hoping to play 55 holes, but forgot their was a tournament at the course and had to cancel. We're hoping to get 56 in next year, don't know for sure if it'll be possible. Next year I'll be 29, but with Bday in February it's usually a little cold for golf!

I played 27 one day this past winter. Most of the day, but certainly not all. I could have played another nine, but the course was a little busy for some reason that later afternoon.

When I was a kid my parents would drop me off at the golf course in the morning during the summer and I would play all day. I remember when my dad got off of work one day, he met up with me to play 18 and I asked him if we could ride because I was tired. He asked why I was tired and I told him I had walked 54 holes already. He laughed and looked at me like I was crazy and we ended up riding. So I think my record is 72. I don't remember playing more than that.

Last edited:
I played 63 or so once as a kid. I miss those days.

My norm is to play 36 holes each Monday with my foursome. But once I played 72 holes. It was a golf all-day special with a powercart with just two of us.

I played 72 once on a Saturday at the course I worked at. I'd giving anything to be able to do that again.

I miss free unlimited golf and range balls, and most of all, all the time in the world to take advantage of it. Growing up sucks.

I played 36 holes once and boy was I tired afterwords. Call me an addict but I couldn't play 72 haha

36 holes

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II using Tapatalk 2

A couple weeks ago, I played 41 holes one dy and 46 a few days later, but my most ever was like into the mid 70's or 80's during a cancer benefit many years ago.

the most I have played at once was 36 holes, 2 days in a row. the course charged $70 for a round and $10 for a replay....it just made sense money-wise.

I'd never even played 2 days in a row until this weekends TX outing... I usually do range work Mon, Wed and Sat, then play 18 on Thur.

I played 18 on Sat, then 18 on Sun down in Austin and this old gal was pooped!

But hey... Now I have another little goal to work towards :)

36 holes. It was a lot of fun! We started at 12 and played until it got dark. On the 18th it was so dark I couldn't even see the ball my buddy had teed up. Alcohol probably didn't help either...

I have walked 45 holes down at Bandon. We ran out of light or else I would have done more.

I played 55 back when I was a wee lad, walking as the course frowned on 14 year old drivers for some reason. The course had 27 holes, played all twice and the first hole of the blue course a third time since it was on the way to where my friend and I were being picked up. That was a good summer :) walking 36 would test me now.

You all are crazy! Lol. I can't go more than 18. I have no stamina (walking or riding), or time! My dad used to play 36 holes both Sat and Sun regularly, before he turned 70. Now that he's over 70, he'll only play 18, walking. I could never see how he could play so much, for two days in a row (walking, in the desert heat).

36 holes/day x 2 days. Not walking though.
Walking: only 18 holes though I could/would do more if I had time (or if I could bring my dog with me)

36 in one day, 108 total over a four day weekend outing.

18 on days 1&4, 36 on days 2 & 3

You all are crazy! Lol. I can't go more than 18. I have no stamina (walking or riding), or time! My dad used to play 36 holes both Sat and Sun regularly, before he turned 70. Now that he's over 70, he'll only play 18, walking. I could never see how he could play so much, for two days in a row (walking, in the desert heat).

There's a guy on our course and he plays a few times per week with his wife. He walks, carrying his clubs and he is 78(!!!!). I have to give him kudos and can only hope that I am in good enough shape to walk the course at that age.

I also have to mention that, save par 3's, there is not one flat hole on our course. Three par 5's have steep uphill climbs.

First day of my summer break is Thursday June 28. I'm getting up at 5:30 AM to be at the course to tee off the second it's light enough to see my ball. The goal: 99 holes. And I'm gonna walk it all (push cart:bananadance:). I can go probably 2 and a half hours per round. Lunch break after 36, I'll have 63 in by the time leagues start hopefully they're on the front 9 so I can hit the back and be done with 72 by 6:15 or so. I'll grab a quick bite and get off behind the league, which will be my slowest 9 but I'll do my best to get through it. 81 down by 8:00. I can get at least another 9 in, then probably 6 more before it's too dark. Might have to bring a flashlight. I can do it. I know I can.

Golf Marathon Tomorrow

Golf Marathon Tomorrow

Tomorrow I am playing golf with my son & brother all day. We are starting at first light (about 5:30) and playing until dark (about 9:30). That is 16 hours of golf. We figure we should get about 81 holes in by the time we are done. We will not be playing speed golf, it will be just 4 normal 18 hole rounds and possibly another 9 or 18 before dark. We will have an additional person on some of the rounds that will make it a foursome.

Have any of you done this and how did you feel the next morning?

Tomorrow I am playing golf with my son & brother all day. We are starting at first light (about 5:30) and playing until dark (about 9:30). That is 16 hours of golf. We figure we should get about 81 holes in by the time we are done. We will not be playing speed golf, it will be just 4 normal 18 hole rounds and possibly another 9 or 18 before dark. We will have an additional person on some of the rounds that will make it a foursome.

Have any of you done this and how did you feel the next morning?

The most I've played in one day is 45 holes.

Never again.

Back