TaylorMade R11 Irons - Review Thread - Forum Testing Reviews

Thats not bad at all 10Y, They are still in awesome shape! I got mine the same week you got your's i believe and golf 2-3 times every week (winter off in Canada) and i have barley any marks what so ever. I'm more of a sweeper of the ball, but i'm so happy with these irons! My burners last year were showing so much more wear with less golf.

P.S. Do you clean your clubs after every-time you use them? I'm just wondering i spray mine with Windex after every round and clean the grooves / wipe them all up and they still look new.

Thats not bad at all 10Y, They are still in awesome shape! I got mine the same week you got your's i believe and golf 2-3 times every week (winter off in Canada) and i have barley any marks what so ever. I'm more of a sweeper of the ball, but i'm so happy with these irons! My burners last year were showing so much more wear with less golf.

P.S. Do you clean your clubs after every-time you use them? I'm just wondering i spray mine with Windex after every round and clean the grooves / wipe them all up and they still look new.

Thanks DB, yes I clean them after every shot with a frogger brush and towel then when I get home I clean them in the sink with just warm water and the frogger brush, the all nylon brush. I am very OCD about my clubs being clean so its the first thing I do after I get home from playing or the range. Im not a sweeper though.

Thanks DB, yes I clean them after every shot with a frogger brush and towel then when I get home I clean them in the sink with just warm water and the frogger brush, the all nylon brush. I am very OCD about my clubs being clean so its the first thing I do after I get home from playing or the range. Im not a sweeper though.

I have noticed on my R11's that the finish is holding up really good. still don't have any marks or scuffs yet. Only thing that sucks is I did have a freak incident happen on my last round. Took a swing with my 4 iron and the KBS shaft snapped at one of the ribbs and went flying. Wasn't mad at all, just shocked. It's going back under warranty for a re-shafting with the same shaft. Did notice that those KBS shafts definatly have a thinner shaft wall than I would have ever thought.

Either way I love the clubs and the shafts.

I have noticed on my R11's that the finish is holding up really good. still don't have any marks or scuffs yet. Only thing that sucks is I did have a freak incident happen on my last round. Took a swing with my 4 iron and the KBS shaft snapped at one of the ribbs and went flying. Wasn't mad at all, just shocked. It's going back under warranty for a re-shafting with the same shaft. Did notice that those KBS shafts definatly have a thinner shaft wall than I would have ever thought.

Either way I love the clubs and the shafts.

Yes they hold up great dont they, some of the most durable irons I have played thats for sure. That really stinks about the shaft, maybe you just got a bad shaft in that club. The head/shaft pairing is awesome on this set.

I have been using them for 5 months now and agree, they hold up very well. I am still loving them and am continually impressed with the distance I am getting.

I woul say they hold up really well. I am happy about that. I have the odd scratches now after some time. I exPected that. I have a little chip on my 6 and that's the worst. These are pretty good irons when it comes to durability. After 10 range sessions with crappy balls, they still looked new. That was a surprise. Funny thing I have no intention of getting rid of them right now, I am happy.

2 rounds in now with the c tapers in my R11s and wow what a difference. Much better ball trajectory for me and the ball is just piercing even more so than before. Also I'd say I easily gained 10 yards an iron. Maybe more still trying to dial in my distances. Def getting more roll out than before nothing that worries me maybe a yard before it was always about a foot. Prob giving myself a better chance to roll one in from farther out. Really was striping my 4 iron today off the tee. And I'm still getting used to a new swing tempo that works for these irons but I'm getting a better feel on how these work and how good they are gonna be for me when I get things dialed in. I was concerned about how these would work or if they would work for me but I think with some time with these they are gonna work really nice for me. Also the c taper shaft looks so good on these irons. I'll have to get some pics when I remember and post them up.

2 rounds in now with the c tapers in my R11s and wow what a difference. Much better ball trajectory for me and the ball is just piercing even more so than before. Also I'd say I easily gained 10 yards an iron. Maybe more still trying to dial in my distances. Def getting more roll out than before nothing that worries me maybe a yard before it was always about a foot. Prob giving myself a better chance to roll one in from farther out. Really was striping my 4 iron today off the tee. And I'm still getting used to a new swing tempo that works for these irons but I'm getting a better feel on how these work and how good they are gonna be for me when I get things dialed in. I was concerned about how these would work or if they would work for me but I think with some time with these they are gonna work really nice for me. Also the c taper shaft looks so good on these irons. I'll have to get some pics when I remember and post them up.

Nice Buck, 10 yards a club maybe more is a big difference! Would love to see some pics when you have time. Are you still holding greens fine as well?

Nice Buck, 10 yards a club maybe more is a big difference! Would love to see some pics when you have time. Are you still holding greens fine as well?

Yeah getting more distance with lower clubs so still getting a high ball flight so they are sticking. Actually had a few hit short and hop forward today into the green. That never would have happened before. Like I said getting about a yard of roll out on greens. That's with my mid irons.

Yeah getting more distance with lower clubs so still getting a high ball flight so they are sticking. Actually had a few hit short and hop forward today into the green. That never would have happened before. Like I said getting about a yard of roll out on greens. That's with my mid irons.
Nice man, glad they are working out for ya. I bet they look great in the R11 head.

Great to hear the new shafts are showing such a positive difference Buckjob! Keep us all posted how things go moving forward.

Great to hear the new shafts are showing such a positive difference Buckjob! Keep us all posted how things go moving forward.

I def will. Once I get some new solid numbers I'll post my new distances and differences.

Yes buck please do! I was curious about ball flight and roll out. Would you say at this point it is noticeably different as in lower? I curious as sometimes I get a really high flight. In closing, u having these is kinda like us having them. Look forward to tinkering r11 reviews.

Yes buck please do! I was curious about ball flight and roll out. Would you say at this point it is noticeably different as in lower? I curious as sometimes I get a really high flight. In closing, u having these is kinda like us having them. Look forward to tinkering r11 reviews.

Yes it's def lower ball flight. I was almost ballooning shots with my new swing and it was high before. Now it's lower and a piercing ball flight. When it was windy out I would hate playing cause it cause havoc with my distances. Wind would stop my ball dead in flight. Anyone that's played with me knows how my balls just sky rocketed and plugged where ever they landed. I'll have a lot more on how they roll out and stuff. I'll try to get some pics and stuff with different clubs to show different roll outs.

You should really read the part about anyone who's played with you. Just funny... I look forward to your updates!

You should really read the part about anyone who's played with you. Just funny... I look forward to your updates!

Yeah maybe a better proof read before posting. I'll have to remember that for next time.

got another round and another range session in with these The C Tapers have def lowered my ball flight and given me more distance. without a doubt but my ball flight is still towering. with id say 8 iron and lower. that being said i am CRUSHING these irons now. today the one marker was at 165 yards i was hitting a PW just short maybe 5-10 yards of that with maybe a 10mph wind behind me and at times when the wind picked up i was al over the marker. i know the wind was helping but still. my gapping seems to be bigger between my scoring irons. and i have a much bigger range for each club i can power shots before without worrying about them going off line due to the shafts. i could swing hard or easy depending on what i needed to do. im not sure if this is gonna be good or bad honestly before my distances were a lot closer with each iron and now i feel like they are farther apart but i have more options like an easy 7 or hard 8 iron. i guess time will tell. and with the amount of time i put into the range and playing i should have a good idea pretty soon how it is working out. i have hit a decent amount of GIR the last 2 rounds. both times i had 13/18 not to shabby for getting used to new shafts. i did get some of my old fade back with these and im still trying to get that straightened out but todays range session i was hitting shot after shot straight at my targets. i mainly was hitting my AW,PW,9 iron, 6 iron, and 5 iron. i really love the 5 and 4 iron now. just gives me another option off the tee for a long iron. and im getting good roll out on the 4 iron now. where before it would still plug mainly with no roll. im hitting the 4 iron about 220-230 so thats pretty solid and the 4 really has more of a baby fade for me. although i was hitting the 5 like an arrow today. im really hoping i get the feel down for these clubs soon. i really would love to get some solid numbers i hate not knowing 100% what club i should be hitting. and thats just where i am right now especially with the huge distance increase i am seeing. all in all i am still really liking the C tapers and they feel so good. still no where close as consistent as i was with the Tour 90 shafts but im starting to get these ironed out and hitting them a lot better. few more rounds and range sessions and i should be set.

Nice update Buck, that is a huge PW dude even with a little wind at your back. Hopefully you get these fully dialed in soon and get the gaps just as consistent as the Tour 90's were.

Nice update Buck, that is a huge PW dude even with a little wind at your back. Hopefully you get these fully dialed in soon and get the gaps just as consistent as the Tour 90's were.

i honestly don't think they are gonna be that consistent. i dunno why i just think they are gonna be bigger and im gonna have to have 2 shots for each club. like an easy swing and a regular swing. the Tour 90s was 10-15 yards a club all the way up. but with the c tapers i am hitting a lot of irons over greens when im missing. who knows though still only a few rounds and range sessions. still to early to tell.

heres what im currently thinking, but i need to get to a course and really dial these in when its not windy or busy and get really solid numbers.

C Tapers/ Tour 90s

AW-125/ 110
PW- 140/ 125
9 - 155/ 140
8 - 170/ 155
7 - 185/ 170
6 - 200/ 185
5 - 215/ 200
4 - 230/ 210

Sounds like the shafts are really working out for you BuckJob! Sounds like they will be lethal when you get your distance dialed in.

Sounds like the shafts are really working out for you BuckJob! Sounds like they will be lethal when you get your distance dialed in.

im really hoping im a little nervous because they aren't dialed in and my irons have been really good for a while, but i think i just need to put more time in and get comfortable with them.

i honestly don't think they are gonna be that consistent. i dunno why i just think they are gonna be bigger and im gonna have to have 2 shots for each club. like an easy swing and a regular swing. the Tour 90s was 10-15 yards a club all the way up. but with the c tapers i am hitting a lot of irons over greens when im missing. who knows though still only a few rounds and range sessions. still to early to tell.

heres what im currently thinking, but i need to get to a course and really dial these in when its not windy or busy and get really solid numbers.

C Tapers/ Tour 90s

AW-125/ 110
PW- 140/ 125
9 - 155/ 140
8 - 170/ 155
7 - 185/ 170
6 - 200/ 185
5 - 215/ 200
4 - 230/ 210
Im sure once you get use to them and have more time with them you will get it dialed in. That is a pretty big increase in distance though that would definatly take time to get use to. Your PW is my 9 iron distance lol. I really need to get ahold of a 5 and 4 iron, just never ordered them over winter like I wanted too, I really want to have that option on longer par 3's and off the tee on tight holes.

Im sure once you get use to them and have more time with them you will get it dialed in. That is a pretty big increase in distance though that would definatly take time to get use to. Your PW is my 9 iron distance lol. I really need to get ahold of a 5 and 4 iron, just never ordered them over winter like I wanted too, I really want to have that option on longer par 3's and off the tee on tight holes.

its funny im so long off the tee with my driver but when it comes to my irons i don't swing as hard. i bet i could really tattoo these if i wanted to. i just have no need to. honestly how many times am i gonna need a 230 club anyway? its nice to have in the bag but it doesn't get used that often. it did close the gap between my 4 iron and 17* though. so thats good.

its funny im so long off the tee with my driver but when it comes to my irons i don't swing as hard. i bet i could really tattoo these if i wanted to. i just have no need to. honestly how many times am i gonna need a 230 club anyway? its nice to have in the bag but it doesn't get used that often. it did close the gap between my 4 iron and 17* though. so thats good.
Ya man if those distances are just smooth controlled swings I bet you could easily pick up quite a bit more if you really wanted to swing hard with them. A 230 club isnt needed that often but it does come in handy when you need it on those par 5's or long arse par 3's, heck even off the tee on a shorter par 4.

Ya man if those distances are just smooth controlled swings I bet you could easily pick up quite a bit more if you really wanted to swing hard with them. A 230 club isnt needed that often but it does come in handy when you need it on those par 5's or long arse par 3's, heck even off the tee on a shorter par 4.

yeah my go to safe club off the tee has been my Ping i20 but like i said its nice to have another option there.

Back