TaylorMade R11 Irons - Review Thread - Forum Testing Reviews

Really interesting. Can't wait to hear about TPC.

+1, Enjoy the round Freddie that is one of my courses to play on my bucket list hehe. I also agree about the R11s, best irons I have played ever. My distances are also up a little over last year with these.

sooo after much debate and after demo day and playing with some C tapers Stiff +, i decided to change my shafts in my R11s i was contemplating just getting new irons and getting the shafts i wanted in them but i like the R11s to much plus it will save me some dough.. im hoping this lowers my ball flight and after what i saw at the outing im pretty sure it will. looking forward to seeing how the new combo works out for me. i really think the new shafts will help me attack the pins more and i won't worry as much about my ball getting caught up in the wind as much. ill keep everyone in here posted about how i make out once they are in.

sooo after much debate and after demo day and playing with some C tapers Stiff +, i decided to change my shafts in my R11s i was contemplating just getting new irons and getting the shafts i wanted in them but i like the R11s to much plus it will save me some dough.. im hoping this lowers my ball flight and after what i saw at the outing im pretty sure it will. looking forward to seeing how the new combo works out for me. i really think the new shafts will help me attack the pins more and i won't worry as much about my ball getting caught up in the wind as much. ill keep everyone in here posted about how i make out once they are in.

Good luck dude, hope the shaft change helps.

Good luck dude, hope the shaft change helps.

im pretty stoked about it. i really think its gonna help me a lot. if not ill throw the old shafts back in and no harm no foul.

im pretty stoked about it. i really think its gonna help me a lot. if not ill throw the old shafts back in and no harm no foul.

Except maybe a little $$$ loss lol. I think the C tapers will go great with the R11s if your fighting to high of a ball flight.

I hit these great once again today. I just have never hit a iron as well as I have these. If your looking for new irons or on the fence get out there and test them out, you wont regret it!

I hit these great once again today. I just have never hit a iron as well as I have these. If your looking for new irons or on the fence get out there and test them out, you wont regret it!

Glad to hear you are having continued success with these irons. They are firmly cemented in my bag as well. I love the confidence I have in my game now with them in the bag.

Glad to hear you are having continued success with these irons. They are firmly cemented in my bag as well. I love the confidence I have in my game now with them in the bag.
Thanks man, they sure do give you a ton of confidence!

Third week with these babies replacing my trusty R9s. Loving every minute of it!

IMG_0838.jpg

Hi 10YD, Glad to hear that you are liking these. I picked up a set a few weeks ago and the more that I play them the more that I am loving them. I was losing distance with them in my early rounds but they are coming back strong lately. They are so beautiful at address and when you look at them in your bag. Very Sweet..!

So glad I bought these now. As I get more time in with them, they just get better and better. Even the 4I is really easy to hit and I am now seeing why everyone loves the wedges. I bought the SW to go with it and it is just as good and easy to hit as the PW and AW. I'm finally breaking 100 regularly and hope to be in the 90's soon with these.

So glad I bought these now. As I get more time in with them, they just get better and better. Even the 4I is really easy to hit and I am now seeing why everyone loves the wedges. I bought the SW to go with it and it is just as good and easy to hit as the PW and AW. I'm finally breaking 100 regularly and hope to be in the 90's soon with these.

Just dial in those distances, they are not normal by any stretch. Very forgiving with a hot face.

I probably hit 10 other sets of irons at Demo Day and while there were a couple that were pretty even with the R11s, nothing I tried exceeded them. I just love the thin top lines combined with how easy they are to hit. Performed well for me all weekend too considering how I was swinging in general.

Had another stellar day with the R11's! I hit so many great iron shots today it was just a awesome feeling! I can not wait to get back out in the morning and play. The turf interaction with these is just amazing, they dont dig deep but get through the ground very nicely. I am also to the point with them I can flight my shots high, mid, or low which is just awesome.

How do these differ in feel from the R9 irons? My husband games those and I'm thinking of getting him some new ones. Thanks!!!!

How do these differ in feel from the R9 irons? My husband games those and I'm thinking of getting him some new ones. Thanks!!!!

i like them more than the R9s. i think the R11s are all around better and a nice upgrade from the R9s which were also a great iron.

Better looking in in the bag and at address (seems to be thinner top line).
Same distance as the R9s with better feel (at impact) and better workability.
Only downside is that it is at least for me a tad less forgiving (but still relatively easy to hit).

Last edited:
I'm debating between these and the TMaG TP MB's, they both look nice. Are these more forgiving than the MB's? I really love the look of both but I'm not liking the red so much

I'm debating between these and the TMaG TP MB's, they both look nice. Are these more forgiving than the MB's? I really love the look of both but I'm not liking the red so much

Yes i find them to be more forgiving than the MB and the MC.

I think these are drastically more forgiving than the MBs...personally, I've found the R11s only a hair less forgiving than the Burner 2.0s I had before them.

Having owned all three. These are int the bag. More forgiving, better distance, really soft yet springy. Offset and thinner ish lines in the mc and mb are the two differences I would poi t out. All three ate great sets but these get the nod for the aforementioned features. While I loved the mc/mob combo, there is something got be said about forgiveness. When I play these poorly, I am still in the game. I thinned a 7i 145 yards. That would no happene win the forgies. You will get higher. All flight with the 11, yet you can work that pretty good.

Had another pretty good day with these irons, not the best day but still pretty good. Stuck 3 shots close enough to make 3 birdies today, played 18 and its only the second time I have played the backside this year and ended up shooting a 47 back and 41 front for a 88 lol, it was blowing about 30mph today as well. I really do love these irons.

Awesome! I'll look into these then thanks all

I wasn't a big fan of the red when I was just looking at pictures, but in person they look really nice.

Just wanted to say thanks for all the great reviews to all the testers here in this forum. I found a used near mint condition 5-pw,gw,sw with graphite shafts for $515.00 at Ed Watts this weekend. I was not really looking for new irons as I currently am happy with my cleveland TA7 gunmetals, but figured with the glowing reviews and some extra cash I had in my pocket, why not give them a try. Played nine holes with them yesterday and must say I am impressed. They may kick my beloved TA7's out of the bag. I can already tell I am going to love these wedges. I will update after I get more time with these beauties.

Last edited:
Back