Callaway RAZR Fit Driver

AD you've had a few adjustable drivers now, how do you think this one stacks up when it comes to the amount of adjustments?

I'll put in my two cents......I think the biggest advantage is forge composite......its much lighter than titanium making the weights more affective......so heel heavy moves the ball nicely with draw spin/flight.....BEST DRIVER EVER? time will tell.....

They would fly even better if you wore the flat brim hat

Was in Indianapolis yesterday and stopped at the local Dick's Sportinggoods there and they had a launch monitor so I got to put this onto the LM and see just how I was hitting. Distance was about what I was seeing on the golf course with my buddy but the numbers on the LM showed that it should be much better. Launch was 18-24 Spin was around 4600 ball speed about 130, just seems that it's a bit too high launch high spin for my swing. Going to go back Monday when we run through again and put up my current driver vs. it and see just what I'm getting with mine.

Hit this really well today. Kept it in play and and feel like I'm gaining confidence every time I use it. I really feel good about my settings with it. It is staying Open, Neutral baby!

Hit this really well today. Kept it in play and and feel like I'm gaining confidence every time I use it. I really feel good about my settings with it. It is staying Open, Neutral baby!
Thats great to hear man, I had a great day with the driver as well and I just love it. The 3 wood is my money club though, I might be more confident with that club then any other club in my bag. I'm hitting the Razr FIT 3 wood about 240 yards and in the fairway 95% of the time. I've been playing less drivers during my rounds as I get plenty of distance off the tee with the 3 wood and if I miss the fairway its not by much. Plus the driver is so much longer then any I've had in the past that I can't pull it out as often as it can get me in trouble that I wasn't able to reach before.

Example from today was a 428 yard par 4 hole that is the #1 HC hole. Its not only long, but uphill and you really have to get a good drive out there because the green is tough too. I hit my Razr FIT driver and CRUSHED it! The fairway ends at 285 yards and then it is some rough and the cart path cutting through some more rough, and then the fairway starts again. I hit my drive, through the fairway and into the rough on the other side of the cart path. The GPS said it was a 295 yard drive, uphill. I've never even dreamt of distance like that from my driver.

Morgan Cup or not, these woods will be in my bag for quite some time.

Thats great to hear man, I had a great day with the driver as well and I just love it. The 3 wood is my money club though, I might be more confident with that club then any other club in my bag. I'm hitting the Razr FIT 3 wood about 240 yards and in the fairway 95% of the time. I've been playing less drivers during my rounds as I get plenty of distance off the tee with the 3 wood and if I miss the fairway its not by much. Plus the driver is so much longer then any I've had in the past that I can't pull it out as often as it can get me in trouble that I wasn't able to reach before.

Example from today was a 428 yard par 4 hole that is the #1 HC hole. Its not only long, but uphill and you really have to get a good drive out there because the green is tough too. I hit my Razr FIT driver and CRUSHED it! The fairway ends at 285 yards and then it is some rough and the cart path cutting through some more rough, and then the fairway starts again. I hit my drive, through the fairway and into the rough on the other side of the cart path. The GPS said it was a 295 yard drive, uphill. I've never even dreamt of distance like that from my driver.

Morgan Cup or not, these woods will be in my bag for quite some time.

Awesome news CB! Great shots and great distance dude! I have never had a go to club off the tee like my 3 wood either. The confidence it gives me is unlike anything I have ever had.

Awesome news CB! Great shots and great distance dude! I have never had a go to club off the tee like my 3 wood either. The confidence it gives me is unlike anything I have ever had.
Its just awesome. I used to hit about 8 drivers a round, and now its down to about 5 a round because the 3 wood is just a more accurate club for me and my misses are far less penal.

Great round with the driver and 3 wood today! Only missed a couple fairways with the driver and I wasn't far off at all. Hit the 3 off the tee twice and was perfect both times. Had a spectacular shot from the fairway on a par 5 with the 3 wood. I actually love hitting the 3 wood out of the fairway more than I do off the tee, I just seem to hit it better. Glad to have the drives starting to come around though. I will add this though...I switched balls today to the HEX Black for the purpose of hopefully reducing some driver spin today so that could be part of the reason for my success. Loved the Black ball today and will continue playing with it some more. I was seeing great distance off the tee, low driver spin, and some great greenside spin. Looking forward to another 18 tomorrow.

Good to hear the driver is coming back to you, IN.

Nice work IN. Keep finding those fairways!

Driver was working better again today. I can't say its where it was the first couple weeks I owned it, but it is getting close. No slices today, couple slight fades today put me in some tough positions but I should have just managed the holes better because on those holes if I am aimed left and end up left I am safe, but going right is a no no so it was just poor course manaement on my part. Still having some trouble with the other woods still though,I can't for the life of me figure out why I keep hitting 2 inches behind the ball when I try and tee off with my 3-wood. I hit it great out of the fairway but can't hit it off the tee to save my life. I either hit 2 inches behind it or it seems like I hit downon it and I end up skying it. Might need to post some swing vids on here soon to get some pointers.

So I took a look at my stats yesterday while working on a project all day. Since I put the Fit in the bag, I am hitting 67% FIR. That is a pretty good stat for me. That is not even the best part though. My misses are not round killers anymore. I no longer play for a big draw. I don't have to aim toward the right woods in order to get my ball into the fairway. Hit the ball straight and reload hitting 3. Now I just aim to the middle of the fairway. Hit a draw with the Fit and it's a little draw what will end up on the left side of the fairway. Hit the ball straight and it's in the fairway. I don't really like to throw the word around, but the is club is a gamechanger!

Awesome to hear chunky!

Great day on the range today with the Fit, I hope I can take that momentum to the course this week. It was really windy and I was hitting into the wind with the wind taking it a little right as well, but I was still able to keep it low enough to get good distance. I was worried that the stock shaft would launch too high but so far it seems to be doing ok. I may end up tinkering with it later and trying some other shafts but I am able to hit the stock shaft well and I have let some others use it and they like it as well. Last night when I played my brother forgot his driver so I gave him the TA driver to use and he was KILLING it. He absolutely loved it. I won't be surprised if he buys one now and he thought he was set on buying a Cleveland Classic before. Anyway, like I said, I'm hoping to take the momentum I had on the range to the course this week. Irons and driver were all doing well so I just need to keep my mind from getting in the way.

How is everyone finding theeir shot shaping with the Fit? I know for me, I generally play a pretty decent draw with my driver. Think Lehman/Perry. Since moving to the Fit, my shot is a pretty consistent straight shot or little draw

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

My shot is straighter, but still with some fade to it. If I miss, it could be anywhere (slice, pull, even a draw - - - I rarely hook it). But I always set up for some fade and it works more often than not.

My problem has been that I always used to be straight, and now I play a big slice, lol. Working on getting it straightened back out. Weird thing is before I got this driver I was so tempted to order it 1/2" to 1" short because some people talked about it being longer than so many drivers, and that when they cut it down they were so much more accurate. Well, the length of the driver isn't the problem...I just realized not long ago that my previous R11 was 1/4" longer than the Fit. So I am actually already shorter than I used to play. It may, however, be due to the swingweight, the Fit is definitely heavier than what I am used to. I am playing with the 12/2 gram weights for the Morgan Cup but I definitely hit it better when I lightened it up before.

My problem has been that I always used to be straight, and now I play a big slice, lol. Working on getting it straightened back out. Weird thing is before I got this driver I was so tempted to order it 1/2" to 1" short because some people talked about it being longer than so many drivers, and that when they cut it down they were so much more accurate. Well, the length of the driver isn't the problem...I just realized not long ago that my previous R11 was 1/4" longer than the Fit. So I am actually already shorter than I used to play. It may, however, be due to the swingweight, the Fit is definitely heavier than what I am used to. I am playing with the 12/2 gram weights for the Morgan Cup but I definitely hit it better when I lightened it up before.

Cut it down and the SW will come down. I love the heavier weight

Yeah I know cutting it down would decrease the swing weight but as well as I was hitting it when I first got it I just don't think thats the problem.

I have had quite a bit of a slice the last couple of rounds, but its with every club in the bag. I got it a little under control on Saturday, so I'm just writing off those rounds as an anomaly. When I'm not slicing, I have found that I hit this driver very straight, or with a slight draw. What I really like is that I can work the ball both ways with this driver -- we have that other thread started asking if it was important to work the ball, and I think its VERY important with the driver. There are just some holes where it makes a lot of sense to work your ball one way or the other, and I'm glad I can do both with the Fit.

Super skim but the Razr Fit with the sparkly green on it is super sexy. I wanted to buy one just to hang it on my wall or something.

Super skim but the Razr Fit with the sparkly green on it is super sexy. I wanted to buy one just to hang it on my wall or something.

Yeah, the TA version with the green accents and dark finish on the sole really is beautiful...it's also $499 though. I think I read that there are two or three settings between each of the regular edition settings of the OptiFit Hosel as well on the TA.

Yeah, the TA version with the green accents and dark finish on the sole really is beautiful...it's also $499 though. I think I read that there are two or three settings between each of the regular edition settings of the OptiFit Hosel as well on the TA.

There are more adjustment settings

Back