Cleveland Releases Black Irons

Sounds like you need to make a trip up this way.

I know that these will be at Demo Day, hopefully they will have LH as well.

That's a great idea!

--
Tapatalk2

hope they can get some down to THP demo day for you.

Sounds like you need to make a trip up this way.

I know that these will be at Demo Day, hopefully they will have LH as well.

Don't even need the whole set. Just a 6 iron or 7 iron would be great.

Don't even need the whole set. Just a 6 iron or 7 iron would be great.
I know if I was trying decide among the Clevelend Irons, it would be a tight race between these and the Mashie Irons. I would probably go with the Black, mainly because I like to have a 5iron. Plus, the first time I hit these, I immediately loved them. The stock stiff Miyazaki shafts are quite stout in them, and having never gamed irons with graphite shafts I didnt know what to expect, but these blew me away. Found that I was getting through the ball a bit better, and that my shots with these compared to my 2.0s had much more accuracy and I was prone to huge misses I would get with the 2.0s.

I know if I was trying decide among the Clevelend Irons, it would be a tight race between these and the Mashie Irons. I would probably go with the Black, mainly because I like to have a 5iron. Plus, the first time I hit these, I immediately loved them. The stock stiff Miyazaki shafts are quite stout in them, and having never gamed irons with graphite shafts I didnt know what to expect, but these blew me away. Found that I was getting through the ball a bit better, and that my shots with these compared to my 2.0s had much more accuracy and I was prone to huge misses I would get with the 2.0s.

I remember reading about your experiences with these as compared to the 2.0's and that had a big impact on my thinking. I love my 2.0's, and everything I hear about the Black's is that they are almost like an improved version of the 2.0's made by Cleveland Golf.

I just want to weigh in here on the Black vs The Mashies. I have hit the Blacks with stock shafts are they do not ballon. I have seen War and JB hit the mashies and they don't either. I think if SW went with the Blacks and Yorkem the Mashies it will be a good fit. I know i am preaching to the choir but the heads are matched with the shafts on the Blacks and even though you spec'd out on PX 6.0 these, IMO, will still be a good fit. Just my thoughts

I just want to weigh in here on the Black vs The Mashies. I have hit the Blacks with stock shafts are they do not ballon. I have seen War and JB hit the mashies and they don't either. I think if SW went with the Blacks and Yorkem the Mashies it will be a good fit. I know i am preaching to the choir but the heads are matched with the shafts on the Blacks and even though you spec'd out on PX 6.0 these, IMO, will still be a good fit. Just my thoughts

I agree. I saw JB and Chunky hit these with the stock shafts and had no issues with ballooning. Chunky hits the ball higher than I do and I don't recall him having much of an issue. I was surprised how stout the c kua shafts were in the black irons. I gamed them for a round and would really consider them if I were choosing from Clevelands latest offerings. JB hit the Mashies extremely good for the rounds they were in his bag.

The Mashie Irons have really not been on my radar to be honest with you. I am not a big fan of the glide rails on them, but it may not bother me at all in hitting them. They also look huge to me, like G15 huge, which I gamed for a while and still have. Yet another reason being LH sucks, because all of this equipment is available all over Raleigh in RH, and I can't find anything in LH.

I am a big looks guy but I have to tell you they don't over whelming at all. The clubs really gets through the ball well and the distance is not a bad thing at all. Just throughing out some food for thought.
The Mashie Irons have really not been on my radar to be honest with you. I am not a big fan of the glide rails on them, but it may not bother me at all in hitting them. They also look huge to me, like G15 huge, which I gamed for a while and still have. Yet another reason being LH sucks, because all of this equipment is available all over Raleigh in RH, and I can't find anything in LH.

I didnt have any issues with how these looked when sitting at address. When in the bag, the soles of them do look larger than most other irons, but thats probably due to the glide rail design. I am a bit of a digger with my swing, can get quite steep with it, and the Mashie irons would be match quite well with my swing. Actually, that's the reason I am debating on if I want these in my bag or not.

I am a big looks guy but I have to tell you they don't over whelming at all. The clubs really gets through the ball well and the distance is not a bad thing at all. Just throughing out some food for thought.

I hear you brother, and it is something to chew on for sure. Maybe I will go and take another look at these this weekend.

I didnt have any issues with how these looked when sitting at address. When in the bag, the soles of them do look larger than most other irons, but thats probably due to the glide rail design. I am a bit of a digger with my swing, can get quite steep with it, and the Mashie irons would be match quite well with my swing. Actually, that's the reason I am debating on if I want these in my bag or not.

I will be starting work with the same pro I worked with last year next Saturday, so I will ask him what he thinks will fit my swing better once we get through the plan for this series of lessons.

Have you seen them in person yet yorkem? The mashies aren't actually that huge in person, I was expecting them to be gigantic. Reminded me a lot of the JPX 800's in terms of size.

Have you seen them in person yet yorkem? The mashies aren't actually that huge in person, I was expecting them to be gigantic. Reminded me a lot of the JPX 800's in terms of size.

I have seen them in the stores, but really didn't give them a second look based on my preconceived notion from photos. I will give them a look this weekend for sure.

I have seen them in the stores, but really didn't give them a second look based on my preconceived notion from photos. I will give them a look this weekend for sure.

Haha oops, I read your prior post wrong. They do look a little hefty just from the soles but from the top they aren't to bulky. We can wreck shop all over those blade wielding fools with our clunky GI irons!

Haha oops, I read your prior post wrong. They do look a little hefty just from the soles but from the top they aren't to bulky. We can wreck shop all over those blade wielding fools with our clunky GI irons!

If they help, I'll take a set of shovels every day. What was it that was said on the THP radio show a while back....only reason to play blades is ego.

If they help, I'll take a set of shovels every day. What was it that was said on the THP radio show a while back....only reason to play blades is ego.
Give me shovels any day of the week if it helps me shoot better scores!

Back on topic though, I hit the Black 6i at Golfsmith this evening, and it remains true; I love these irons. I really need to figure out a way to get these in the bag. Yorkem, I hope you game these, as I think they will serve you quite well in the MC 2.0.

Give me shovels any day of the week if it helps me shoot better scores!

Back on topic though, I hit the Black 6i at Golfsmith this evening, and it remains true; I love these irons. I really need to figure out a way to get these in the bag. Yorkem, I hope you game these, as I think they will serve you quite well in the MC 2.0.

Just went to Golf Galaxy and Golfsmith. Still no luck on LH Black's in stock, but, I will keep checking. Maybe if they see me in there enough they wil order it.

Just went to Golf Galaxy and Golfsmith. Still no luck on LH Black's in stock, but, I will keep checking. Maybe if they see me in there enough they wil order it.
I hope so Yorkem, Im looking forward to hearing your thoughts once you get to hit them. However, going from your 2.0s to these, you will love 'em.

I hit a handful of balls with these today, most with an R flex (Miyazaki graphite) 8 iron. They didn't have a stiff flex there.

First thought I had when grabbing it was "WOW this is light". It really was, especially compared to what I've been playing. However, I had surprisingly good control, considering how different they were from my irons. The R flex didn't feel super whippy or anything. Obviously, more flex than I have now, but I wasn't really bothered by it.

Ball flight was HIGH. Like crazy high. I don't know if I've ever hit an iron that high. Distance was still good though. I was pretty accurate with them too. In all, I thought they were a good set. Not really what I'm looking for right now, but I think they will serve the right person well.

I have been slammed at work all day, but I couldn't wait any longer. THE BLACKS HAVE ARRIVED!!!

Awesome, yorkem!

very cool Yorkem! Glad to hear they came in. Man cleveland is rocking it with how fast they are getting their equipment in your guys hands.

hack the planet

awesome yorkem. those are sick looking sticks fo sho.

Range session in the works, yorkem?

Range session in the works, yorkem?

he's got a clinic tonight so he'll spend some time with them. he also will pick a wedgie

Back