Official Rant of the Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are they really Disney Surveilance cameras? Why though? Thats so far out, why...

Yes. Yes they are.

Spoiler
Blue Lights Alert Police When Stoplights Turn Red
Blue Lights Use Less Power

ORLANDO -- Blue lights could get drivers in trouble at Central Florida intersections.

Little blue lights on traffic signals alert authorities from all angles that the signal below it has turned red.

It's the latest in efforts to crack down on red-light runners.

The blue lights are easier to see, last longer and use less power.
Okay, fine, the Disney surveillance thing isn't true.
Spoiler
The part about them only being visible to people with extra-tiny genitalia is true though.

So wait, they replaced the blue lights with the red ones?

What blue lights?

Spoiler
:D

Oh man, you guys just confused me even more.
Spoiler
Joey_Shirt-2T.gif

Oh man, you guys just confused me even more.
Spoiler
Joey_Shirt-2T.gif

The blue lights are placed on top of the traffic light fixtures above a certain "christmas tree" (the red, yellow, and green series). However, unlike the "christmas tree," the blue light is visible from all angles. When the "christmas tree" below the blue light turns red, the blue light comes on. Because the blue light is visible from all streets and all lanes, a police officer in another position can tell if a motorist just ran a red light (i.e. crossed the intersection when the blue light above his "christmas tree" is on.)

Does that make sense?

Does that make sense?

Ya thats what I was thinking, but I was confused. Makes sense now as I have ran many red turn arrows in front of cops figuring they couldnt see anyways. I wonder if it is that big of a problem in Orlando. Thanks Harry.

Ya thats what I was thinking, but I was confused. Makes sense now as I have ran many red turn arrows in front of cops figuring they couldnt see anyways. I wonder if it is that big of a problem in Orlando. Thanks Harry.

Disney thinks so.

Disney totally creeps me out. I utterly refuse to go there (much to my kids' dismay). Absolutely nothing that happens to you there is spontaneous. Every single thing happens because someone else planned it to. I just can't do it.

My Blue Jackets made the playoffs. Yes I'm happy about it. But I didn't get to see it. :angry: :angry: Last night as I was flipping between the Blue Jackets/Blackhawks game and the Reds/Mets game my power went out. :angry: I figured it would come on in 5 or 10 minutes. Nope close to 6 hours later it came back on. Perfect timing also. I was in the middle of a deep sleep and my alarm went off, the tv came on and the washer/dryer started beeping. :angry: They won in a shoot out too. :angry:

Disney totally creeps me out. I utterly refuse to go there (much to my kids' dismay). Absolutely nothing that happens to you there is spontaneous. Every single thing happens because someone else planned it to. I just can't do it.

Okay, Claire, you need to let the kids go to Disney. They have plenty of time to be cynical later in life. Besides, it's fun.

I am sick and tired of software that installs all kinds of carp that runs in the background.

Google updater
Java updater
Java quickstart
Adobe quickstart
Apple Mobile services
Apple iPod service
Apple Bonjour (wtf?)
Nero services
etc, etc, etc.

I am sick and tired of software that installs all kinds of carp that runs in the background.

Google updater
Java updater
Java quickstart
Adobe quickstart
Apple Mobile services
Apple iPod service
Apple Bonjour (wtf?)

Nero services
etc, etc, etc.

I know I get the exact same 2, what the hell are those!!!

I keep accidentally accepting toolbars I don't want. Then I can't get rid of them.

Spoiler
Does that make me a tool?

I tried to keep it big and slow because of your lack of hand/eye coordination.

What I lack in speed and agility I make up for with dumb animal strength power and persistence. You're warned.

Wow...you're on your own after that picture Harry! :shock:

This is Bad All the Way Around

This is Bad All the Way Around

14-year-old mother arrested in newborn's death

FEDERAL WAY, Wash. - The Federal Way teenager whose baby was found dead yesterday has been taken into police custody.

Federal Way Police say the case will be filed with the King County Prosecutor’s Office with the recommended charge of second-degree murder. The girl is 14 years old.

The baby was found dead in the girl's bedroom at an apartment complex in the 2200 block of South Star Lake Road. It’s not known yet how the child died.

“The 14-year-old was bleeding heavily. She informed her family she was bleeding heavily. While in en route to the hospital, they received a call from other people that they found a baby in the bed of the apartment,” said Officer Raymond Bunk, Federal Way Police.

A family member says the girl had not told her mother about the pregnancy.

The father of the infant, a 20-year-old Federal Way man, was also arrested in connection with the case and charged with statutory rape due to the age of the mother, according to police.

Police say the father was not involved in the death.

Medics were first to respond and tried to perform CPR but were unsuccessful.

The investigation is ongoing.

http://www.king5.com/topstories/stories/NW_041009WAB-dead-fetus-found-in-room-KS.c0ce3e8f.html

Oye reminds me of work and not the fun parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back