What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played 18 with RocketSauce this morning. Both of us played lights out but just could not score. I shot 41 on the front and 40 on the back. The greens were SOOOO FAST today. Every part of my game was on including putting, but I just could not score for some reason. I used the Cleveland Launcher, and it is FABULOUS!!!!

yeah, i blew up on the front. shot a 45 on the front and a 39 on the back for an 84. the greens were VERY fast and JB killed the ball with the Launcher. im still LOVING my MX-700 driver and had a 278 yard drive on one of the par 5's (thats long for me). and my SeeMore FGP will never leave my bag. thanks for letting me tag along today JB. it was a GORGEOUS morning to play golf

85 at Seascape today. Not too disappointed considering I made a triple and three doubles. And that triple was on a 120 yard par 3. :dohanim:

Still making some funny-looking swings.

Played 18 with RocketSauce this morning. Both of us played lights out but just could not score. I shot 41 on the front and 40 on the back. The greens were SOOOO FAST today. Every part of my game was on including putting, but I just could not score for some reason. I used the Cleveland Launcher, and it is FABULOUS!!!!

Launcher is going on my "Might buy" list.

Shot an 87 at Cypress Creek, tough winds today. Felt like I am making some strides in my game just had 2 doubles a triple and a handful of 3 putts that kept the score from being better.

It was a very slow round, just over 4 and a half hours at a course that usually is under 4 hours. On the ninth hole the twosome in front of us asked if we wanted to finish with them, since it was slow we did. I made a birdie on the hole(F+G+1 Putt):D and afterwards the guys said, "You can go ahead if you want, it may open up on the back nine, plus we have to stop by the truck and get a few more beers".

So we went on ahead only to be waiting on a group at the tee waiting for the fairway to clear. So we just played the back nine with the twosome. One guy was a decent golfer and the other was....well, a hack. These two guys were great company to play with!! Funny guys, and hit some good shots too! The one guy was telling me about the League Play they have at the course, just spreading the word basically. The think the brews may have slowed them down by the end of it, but they were having a good time playing golf. It's funny how a day like today can remind you of the fun involved in playing golf and the experiences you have while playing.

67 at Sunland Village (Par 62), first round in over two weeks. Can't wait for summer to get here and all the snow birds to go home. Missed 5 putts inside 6 feet.......:angry:

I shot a 99 today. I was heading for one of my better rounds, but I had the worst blow up on the 17th par 3 with a 8 and then finished with a double. The new 3 wood was a positive, the thing seems weighted perfectly and I was killing with it.

84 today. Played from the back tees today (only 6170 yards, it's a short course). Still making doubles, still not making birdies.

I played 9 holes today at Bonnie Meade Links in Milton, WI. (http://www.golfwisconsin.com/directory/coursedetail.cfm?recordid=145)
I shot a 48. (par is 36) This was my first round on a fullsize course this year and I can tell that my driving is MUCH improved over last year. All of my tee shots were 225-250 yards and in the fairway on all but 1 of my tee shots. Even in the 1 fairway I missed, I only missed it by about 20 feet.
My 2 problems were with judging distance and with hitting long shots off of the fairway with my 3-wood.
All in all though, considering how far Ive come since last year, I was very pleased with myself.

stupid 78. i was 3 over going into 17, and went double, then bogey. the double was just really uncharacteristic but on a pretty dificult hole. my ball striking has improved and my short game has been really great, im just not making putts. and my putting isnt bad, im just not having any birdie putts drop at all. today was no birdies, just 13 pars, 4 bogeys, and a double

Played in my first tournament yesterday in the B flight (11-16 handicap) and shot a 76! I was on the border of the B flight and A flight and the director said I would be brought up to the A flight from here on out. With the conditions (cold in morning and windy), I was very happy with how I played. It was one of those days where even mishits were good. Little nervous about the next tournament because I have to play from the tips, roughly 7000 yards on a pretty tough course. Can't wait though!

shot 39. left about 4 or 5 putts on the edge. everything else was good but my scoring is just not clicking right

Played in my first tournament yesterday in the B flight (11-16 handicap) and shot a 76! I was on the border of the B flight and A flight and the director said I would be brought up to the A flight from here on out. With the conditions (cold in morning and windy), I was very happy with how I played. It was one of those days where even mishits were good. Little nervous about the next tournament because I have to play from the tips, roughly 7000 yards on a pretty tough course. Can't wait though!

Nice round harrinjj. That is awesome!

walked 9 at arrowhead which is 2 miles from my house. been struggling lately with my woods but have been really working on the short game and its starting to pay off. shot a 45 which is really good for me.

Congrats CCR, I had to mow the yard today so no golf for me until next week.

Yesterday I got to play 27 holes at Shirkeys again, 48 on the front 54 on the back. I gave up keeping score on the final nine.

well, since i played 18 holes in my mind on the driving range today i shot a smooth little 59 ... :D

opps, i forgot i left one on the lip over on the putting green ... so, make that a 60 ... lol

Shot 47 today,par 36 at River Oaks. Lost 3 balls. 3 Putted twice. I am trying to get away from my version of the stack and tilt. I went back traditional swing today and it felt pretty good. We shall see if I am able to keep my head about me and do it again.

I played 9 today after work. Shot 37, one over par. My putting killed me, I had 2 three putts and one birdie. Missed 3 birdies inside 10 feet. I need to practice.

Nice round CG.

First completed round of 2009. Shot an 87. Hit some pretty darn good shots(and some ugly ones). Promising start of the year. Last complete round was the beginning of Dec.

Good first round Shanks. I've shot two rounds in the low 90s this year so you're way ahead of where I am right now. And my course is not the hardest you ever saw.

Thanks, Smalls. I actually felt a lot better than I thought I would. The greens were aerated so a few puts bounced off line.

Walked 18 at a new course today. First really nice day this year. This course is a few hundred yards longer than the course I normally play. Lots of terrain to deal with. I started off well, and thought I had a shot at breaking 100 for the first time. Then I hit #10, and started with a 7 on a par 3. A few holes later that was followed by an 8 on a par 4. I ended with a 111. I should have had it, but my putting and short irons absolutely slayed me today.

Hope y'all don't lose TOO much respect for me now...

Walked 18 at a new course today. First really nice day this year. This course is a few hundred yards longer than the course I normally play. Lots of terrain to deal with. I started off well, and thought I had a shot at breaking 100 for the first time. Then I hit #10, and started with a 7 on a par 3. A few holes later that was followed by an 8 on a par 4. I ended with a 111. I should have had it, but my putting and short irons absolutely slayed me today.

Hope y'all don't lose TOO much respect for me now...

Hey that was your first time on a new course, I bet if you go back knowing how the holes play you can do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back