Midwest Golf Get Together THP Style

I've never played there but looking at the card they have some seriously long back tees as well as much more manageable ones in the 6,100 yard range. Having just played the Amana Colonies over the weekend, the links style looks very nice. Amana's like playing golf in a tree lined alley.

I've never played there but looking at the card they have some seriously long back tees as well as much more manageable ones in the 6,100 yard range. Having just played the Amana Colonies over the weekend, the links style looks very nice. Amana's like playing golf in a tree lined alley.

Yea, we have a lot of that over here too, which makes open layouts even more enjoybable for me. We played 36 holes in October and I played from 6,100 and the next ones back. Can't remember the exact yardages.

I'm a big enough hack that I have no excuse getting into the 6,400 yard range unless all of it is on one hole and it involves teeing off from the top of a cliff with the green 500 yards straight below it. I used to always play the 2nd to the last tee boxes regardless but got tired of shutting my hand in that car door all the time.

This sound like much fun. Would give anything to make this but Des Moines is too far to make a day trip. Hope those that do go take many, many photos to share with us schlubs that can't make it.

It's Alien night on sify... Now it's Alien Redemption.

Just wanted all you Midwesterners to keep September in mind for a gathering involving the Tour Van. We are working on dates and the course right now. Trying to get something really special together for you all.

This sound like much fun. Would give anything to make this but Des Moines is too far to make a day trip. Hope those that do go take many, many photos to share with us schlubs that can't make it.

THP will be in St Louis in September. Should be a little closer for you.

Why not just have this at your course? We would get the VIP treatment at "The Home Of Hawk"!

Just wanted all you Midwesterners to keep September in mind for a gathering involving the Tour Van. We are working on dates and the course right now. Trying to get something really special together for you all.

Looking forward to the announcement. I hope the dates dont conflict with another annual golf trip I have planned to DSM 9/15. If it does, I will make sure to swing by at least to say hello. Des Moines is a great city, I bet we could find something to do at night around Court Street too.

Why not just have this at your course? We would get the VIP treatment at "The Home Of Hawk"!

No way I'm letting you bunch of clowns ruin my stellar reputation!

Looking forward to the announcement. I hope the dates dont conflict with another annual golf trip I have planned to DSM 9/15. If it does, I will make sure to swing by at least to say hello. Des Moines is a great city, I bet we could find something to do at night around Court Street too.

We should know soon. I'm getting excited already and it's 3 months away or so.

We should know soon. I'm getting excited already and it's 3 months away or so.

It should be great, hope we have a great turnout and represent the flyover states well.

Heck yeah!! Need to tell us which weekend so I can make sure it will work! (and to see if the packer game that weekend is an issue..(just regarding Sunday))

It's definitely on my mind. Can't wait to see what yall come up with, I know it's gonna be good.

Once the site is set I want to come up a little early and play a pre-round. Might help my early trash talking before we get together.

I hope we can get piles of people out for this, we need to show those hillbillies up.

Well, we don't have quite as many members in the immediate area, but I hope we have a good showing. It will be quite a drive for some, but we will do our best to make it worth it.

It's about 8 hrs from here, but I'm sure it will be worth it.

Well, we don't have quite as many members in the immediate area, but I hope we have a good showing. It will be quite a drive for some, but we will do our best to make it worth it.

I hope to see a solid turnout, but don't really expect we will see the numbers some other locations have, especially with another outing so close in St Louie. I'd love to get to Missouri and take this in while visiting my kids and G kids, but doubt the timing will work out for both.

THP will be in St Louis in September. Should be a little closer for you.

Definitely want to do the Des Moines one. Otter Creek!

Actually, for people in KC (Missouri or Kansas) area, Des Moines is closer than St. Louis. By about an hour in drive time from my house.

Actually, for people in KC (Missouri or Kansas) area, Des Moines is closer than St. Louis. By about an hour in drive time from my house.

That's good info, Smalls.

Yeah, for me too, but I definitely prefer the Des Moines trip anyhow as I'm an Iowa boy! I am praying that it doesn't occur on the 24th... please make it so!

Yeah, for me too, but I definitely prefer the Des Moines trip anyhow as I'm an Iowa boy! I am praying that it doesn't occur on the 24th... please make it so!

If New Jersey is the 8th, I'm thinking Des Moines will be the 15th with St. Louis the 22nd (assuming weekends only). I really have no idea, just thinking of a logical route for the tour van.

I can't wait either bro! I am definitely anticipating their announcement of the date for Des Moines, should be finding out soon. The only weekend that might give me trouble would be the very last weekend in September but even that shouldn't be a total deal breaker.

If New Jersey is the 8th, I'm thinking Des Moines will be the 15th with St. Louis the 22nd (assuming weekends only). I really have no idea, just thinking of a logical route for the tour van.
that's my thinking as well. here's hoping.

Depending on the date, I could make it. Only a couple of hours away.

I'm hoping that's true the 15th should work great for me!!!

Should have things sorted out for the big one very soon.

We are having a miniture gathering this weekend at my course. jacob1 is coming from Wyoming and will be joining Jrod and I on Sunday for a little round.

Back