Electronics Pondering with Kmac, Tmex and Coolbreeze

Status
Not open for further replies.
Waiting for that call from best buy mobile saying my S3 is ready for pickup. Got the iphone all ready for trade in too

My brother is upgrade-eligible on Verizon, and he loves to root his Android phones, he can't wait for this thing.

I actually like the HTC Sense (have the original Incredible now), wish the One series was on Verizon, but that belongs in the rant thread, not here.
Im a big fan of HTC phones, and love the Sense UI. I really wanted to go with the One X, but same issue as you have, not available for Verizon. However, everything I have read, the S3 has been preferred over the One X in pretty much all areas. We shall see.

Waiting for that call from best buy mobile saying my S3 is ready for pickup. Got the iphone all ready for trade in too
I was going to ask if you got notification that yours has been shipped or not.

Im a big fan of HTC phones, and love the Sense UI. I really wanted to go with the One X, but same issue as you have, not available for Verizon. However, everything I have read, the S3 has been preferred over the One X in pretty much all areas. We shall see.

I was going to ask if you got notification that yours has been shipped or not.

No nothing yet. Not sure where Best Buy is falling in the pecking order though.

The S3 for Sprint should be out tomorrow 21st. Hope they have a working demo model in the store to play around with.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II using Tapatalk 2

To be honest, Kmac, Engadget's review doesn't really put me off of the S3 (and I have Sprint). Sprint's 3G is fast enough for me, plus I do believe that the S3 is capable of connecting to Sprint's 4G network (not LTE as of yet). What turns you off of the S3 from the article?

Im just not sure I trust ANYTHING I read on bgr.com anymore. Anyway here is his take on the Galaxy S3 http://www.bgr.com/2012/06/20/samsung-galaxy-s-iii-review/

Those articles were pretty, um, crappy?

Ever read any of the stuff on XDA, Kmac? Their reviews are pretty damn good, most of the guys over there are pretty good to read. Also, Android Central has had some great reviews as well. But, the reviews are what I have been paying attention to, it's the videos that have been posted that make it look freakin' awesome!

To be honest, Kmac, Engadget's review doesn't really put me off of the S3 (and I have Sprint). Sprint's 3G is fast enough for me, plus I do believe that the S3 is capable of connecting to Sprint's 4G network (not LTE as of yet). What turns you off of the S3 from the article?

Couple things. The crappy screen. Compared to the One X at least. And the cheap fingerprint collecting plastic, again. Basically the same Samsung stuff as usual. I might just get it anyway and then keep whichever one I like the best.

Those articles were pretty, um, crappy?

Ever read any of the stuff on XDA, Kmac? Their reviews are pretty damn good, most of the guys over there are pretty good to read. Also, Android Central has had some great reviews as well. But, the reviews are what I have been paying attention to, it's the videos that have been posted that make it look freakin' awesome!

No I dont go on XDA much. I know all the super nerds of phone hacking are from there though. That review sort of made the S3 sound like a Samsung version of the iPhone 4S.

Couple things. The crappy screen. Compared to the One X at least. And the cheap fingerprint collecting plastic, again. Basically the same Samsung stuff as usual. I might just get it anyway and then keep whichever one I like the best.

No I dont go on XDA much. I know all the super nerds of phone hacking are from there though. That review sort of made the S3 sound like a Samsung version of the iPhone 4S.
I cant stand BGR or Engadget. BGR is such an Apple homer it's ridiculous, and every review they have gets tied back to Apple. Engadget used to be decent, but since they got bought out, most of their reviews are junk. I always like checking what the super nerds of XDA have to say. Those guys are to tech as we are to golf.

I cant stand BGR or Engadget. BGR is such an Apple homer it's ridiculous, and every review they have gets tied back to Apple. Engadget used to be decent, but since they got bought out, most of their reviews are junk. I always like checking what the super nerds of XDA have to say. Those guys are to tech as we are to golf.

Im starting to think bgr is on Apples payroll now. Im going to see what xda has to say about the S3 but one thing I do agree on is the difference between the two builds.

Im starting to think bgr is on Apples payroll now. Im going to see what xda has to say about the S3 but one thing I do agree on is the difference between the two builds.
The two builds of the S3 and OneX?

The two builds of the S3 and OneX?

Yeah I meant the cheap plastic vs the polycarbonate. Where the hell are the reviews on xda?

Yeah I meant the cheap plastic vs the polycarbonate. Where the hell are the reviews on xda?
Usually in their forums. On the build, I am not liking the back of the S3 from the looks of it, but I do like some of the replacement backs I have seen for it.

Usually in their forums. On the build, I am not liking the back of the S3 from the looks of it, but I do like some of the replacement backs I have seen for it.

Yeah, I'm thinking of getting the white S3 and the metallic replacement back cover.

All you electronic ponderers....THP will make you guys very happy next week. A unique contest.

All you electronic ponderers....THP will make you guys very happy next week. A unique contest.

Oh my...the plot thickens.

uh oh contest time!!

I like the sounds of that. I bet TC doesn't though:alien:

Oh yeah more contests!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II using Tapatalk 2

Ouu interesting!

Motoactv will be mine!!! At least that's what I'm hoping it is for.

That's pretty exciting JB! Thanks for calling us electronic ponderers rather than nerds, sounds much better the way you put it!

Day 2 with HTC One X:

Finally got a chance to try the integrated BEATS feature today. My say I was impressed when paired with Apple headphones. I enjoy some rap from time to time and the BOB Strange Clouds album sounds awesome (though it does in general anyways) paired with BEATS. I wouldn't say it's a make or break type of thing, but a nice extra for sure. It's not as noticeable when just using the speaker though, but one thing I do enjoy is how loud the speaker is though. I find too often the speaker on phones very low, but with the One X, it's just not the case.

A quick battery update: today was a lot of normal usage for me for what I wanted the phone for. Messaging, email, music, and some minor browsing. Charged the phone last night, uploaded some music via bluetooth, played music most of the day at work, used it for personal email, etc. and still have 30% left. Been 20 hours on a single charge with 8 of that while sleeping, but still seems really good to me.

That's pretty exciting JB! Thanks for calling us electronic ponderers rather than nerds, sounds much better the way you put it!

This made me LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back