Driver Shoot Out Results

not a bad idea WSE. However I am not that nimble anymore.

sorry if i missed this.
but which cobra driver was used?the f model or one of the pro models?

They used the L5V and the S9-1, not the S9-1 Pro.

me too Dent. It was based on just the type of players that were out there. As you can see when they got the STR8 in their hands it won overall.

me too Dent. It was based on just the type of players that were out there. As you can see when they got the STR8 in their hands it won overall.

It's funny I don't get how that works. The Str8-Fit is the exact same driver, unless in the test you let them tinker with the settings on the Str8 then it is understandable, but it is the same head and face, so why wouldn't Dymo be #2?

Because they were allowed to set it the STR8 to their desirable position before hitting. The DYMO was hard on the teaching pros where the STR8 was set at standard or open for them.

Ah, that's what I assumed, why did the teaching pros not like the Dymo again?

They were having trouble keeping it straight. Most of them were hitting it too high and a little left. However keep in mind that none of them disliked the driver, every driver in this lineup worked. But it was just not preferred.

Ironically the low to mid handicappers (ranging from 5-14) loved the DYMO.

Great job on the test!!! I am really hoping to see some more detailed data but I've found this really useful (went out to test on the launch monitor and got very similar results). One of the drivers on the market that wasn't tested that I got great results was from the Cleveland Launcher 09. Any chance they (and Adams) might be included in a future test?

Welcome to THP. Cleveland just sent over both of their drivers for future shoot outs. We have reviewed the Monster already, but they wanted their clubs in the shoot outs from now on. Adams has declined having their clubs put up against other companies. We have another one of these coming up soon.

Welcome to THP dunk!

you guys ever do any driver shoot-outs for us high-handicap hackers?

China, we have something coming up for you. We took 5 drivers and had it tested by 8 people. 4 with handicaps over 25 and 4 with handicaps from 16-25.

China, we have something coming up for you. We took 5 drivers and had it tested by 8 people. 4 with handicaps over 25 and 4 with handicaps from 16-25.

awesome! looking forward to that. this site gets better every day

Now you're talking my numbers.That will be interesting.I don't beleive that group is included that much.I know I've read on other sites that that group couldn't possibly give a club rating because their handicap is so high.Hell I get those high numbers usually with the putter or looking up on a chip.

I'm really interested in seeing the results from that shootout also

Those results should be interesting. Looking forward to hearing from my fellow hi-caps.

That is why we did the shootout Ranch. All the pros thought so too, and the results proved otherwise. In our review of the R9 TP, none of our teaching pros cared for the shaft too much.

That is why we did the shootout Ranch. All the pros thought so too, and the results proved otherwise. In our review of the R9 TP, none of our teaching pros cared for the shaft too much.

Funny same reaction I had...I think the R9 would be decent with the right shaft. I have to say that Nike took the prize in picking a good shaft for its adjustable driver.

Distance or Forgiveness?

Distance or Forgiveness?

JB,
I'm a middle handicapper, mostly b/c I don't practice enough. I have 300 yard power and distance off the tee, but continually fight bad slice--no practice = bad technique. So do i look for one of these that did well in distance or in forgiveness/straight? ie, get the distance club and practice more to fix my swing?

And it sucks no Adams or Ping. I've played a lot of Adams clubs and was wondering about Ping drivers.

Welcome to THP.
As for your swing, I always say it is better to fix your swing first rather than spend money on clubs. HOWEVER, any one of these drivers will give serious power and bomb the ball out with the best clubs on the market. Just because they are forgiving, do not let them fool you and think they do not have the hot face, because they do.

I'm sorry. I have read this a couple times and must have missed why there were no Callaway clubs hit. Did they not want compared like Adams or were they not available.

Back