Ping Tour-S Wedges

Not bad. I like those the best of any Ping club I've ever seen - mostly because they look the least Ping-like?

/\ I agree with this, These are kinda sexy in a way.....is that weird?

BEAUTIFUL copper finish, not as big a fan of th cavity

PING Tour S Wedges.

PING Tour S Wedges.

Just wanted to start a thread for these as I believe they deserve one. I just replaced my Vokeys of about 4 years with these and after only 2 rounds I couldn't be more happy. The feel of these is great and they put some ridiculous spin on the ball. Paired up with a KBS Tour shaft as a stock option they feel great!

I'll be updating as I get more rounds in. Feel free to throw in your findings!

Merged this with an existing one. Looking forward to your updates Jrod.

I really like these wedges as well JRod. Very underrated and they perform well!

^^^^^^ I Tapped That.....On My iPad ^^^^^^

Looking forward to more thought Jrod. They intrest me a lot because of the rust finish option.

These things were absolute money for me today. Distance control with the touch shots are so much more predictable that with my vokey wedges. The KBS tours as a stock option is just great. Being able to control ghe trajectory with these is so easy.

So far only 2 rounds in but I am extremely impressed. Serious spin here.

Which finish you end up going with?

You made some stupid good shots with them, Jrod.

Satin. I love the look of the rustic but they are actually made of a different material and I liked the feel of the satin knes better.

Oh really? Thanks for letting me know, this is something I did not know. Will have to give them both a hit.

I have been swinging the Tour-S 56* and 60* for about 6 months now, and they are IMO the best wedges out there. They are fairly forgiving on full shots that catch a little on the toe side. Hit a good shot and the ball falls flat out of the sky and pulls back nice. They play just as nice out of the sand and ruff as they do from the fairway. I can hit the 60* close to 70 yards all day long, and the way they are weighted it seems like it just pulls the club head down for the perfect strike every time.

You made some stupid good shots with them, Jrod.

Thanks man 50-70 yards has always been a real bugaboo for me but these showed today that I can hit that sbot now.

Just bought a 56 tour s satin last week. It replaced a 10 year old Cleveland 588. I hit some really great full and half swing shot with it. And two really nice sand shots. Was going to get the Eye 2 XGs but felt they might be harder on full shots. Tour s is more forgiving on full and half shots than my 588.

Good to hear. I am liking these very much, but did really consider them as I "assumed" they wouldn't give enough spin as I never hear these spoken of.

Good to hear. I am liking these very much, but did really consider them as I "assumed" they wouldn't give enough spin as I never hear these spoken of.

They are great with spin. I was backing the ball up 10+ feet on some 115 yard shots. The greens were pretty receptive due to rain but the day before I played on firm greens and had the sams results.

I thought you were getting some great results on those little 70 yard knockdowns too. Basically 3 feet of hopping and the ball just stopped dead.

I thought you were getting some great results on those little 70 yard knockdowns too. Basically 3 feet of hopping and the ball just stopped dead.

I really was and as stated before that was a part kf my short game that was really lacking. Having these dialed in on those distances is gonna save me a ton of strokes.

I have been playing the Ping Tour S wedges for several months now and just don't see how another wedge can be better. I came from Cleveland wedges, then to the G20 wedges, then to the Tour S wedges. As for forgiving, my 54* wedge is money from 110 - 85 yards. It feels great when I swing, get great height and I thought great yardages. Upon doing a cleaning, I noticed my 54* wedge is worn on the toe. It looks like all my shots are toe shots. Instead of getting mad at myself, it just makes me wonder how much better these will be when I start hitting in the sweet spot. For me to not even know they are toe shots is the sign of very forgiving. Just saying

Back