Titleist 913 Drivers

arydolphin

GTHC!
Reaction score
Handicap
Titleist put up some pictures today of the prototype 913 drivers that their pros are going to be testing out this week at the AT&T National.

Full blog post and slideshow here: http://www.titleist.com/teamtitleis...irst-look-titleist-prototype-913-drivers.aspx

It looks like they are keeping the hosel design that they have in the 910 series, but also adding a plate on the sole that can be changed, but looks different from the Taylormade plate. Color of the club is black, not that I expected Titleist to do anything different.

Damn Ary, you got me by two minutes! Ha! Good find and from what I can see, a nice looking driver!

Just took a look at the sideshow and I really like what Titleist has done with the sole and face of this club.

Good Lord these are sexy!

With the small and kind of covered picture it looks like its a pretty sweet driver.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Interesting that they might be copying the sole plate idea from taylormade. That was one feature that I think got the most criticism about the TMaG drivers because some people thought it didn't really do anything unless you grounded your driver and let the plate affect the start position. Definitely a hot looking driver though I can't wait to see more pics without all the tape.

Very nice looking driver! If it performs anything as well as the 910, it will be a huge winner. My 910 is just sitting in the closet relaxing, waiting on its turn on the golf course.

Nice pics. Titillating. The one labelled G Woodland has no idea the pounding it is about to endure.

Love the look. Didn't expect a huge difference but I am pleased just want to hit it now

Like the 910 looks better, but this is still very easy on the eyes.

I expect they will still not help a mid/high handicap like me. I find them to be harsh & difficult to control, though I love the look of the 910 series.

Titleist does it again, I loved the 910, now they got my attention again with the 913.

From the pictures, the plate doesn't look like an adjustment to face angle but I may be wrong. Particularly since it is located way out by the back of the sole, I would assume that it is a weight adjustment intended to change the center of gravity higher or lower to tweak your launch angle.

Looks great, just curious what the $$ will be

Been waiting a couple months to get the pics and see them out on tour. I've had the same driver for many years, hoping this will be the one to "wow" me and knock it out of the bag.

I've always had a thing for Titleist drivers.

Just tap it in, just tap it in. Give it a little tap tap tappy. Tap tap tap-a-roo.

Interesting that they might be copying the sole plate idea from taylormade. That was one feature that I think got the most criticism about the TMaG drivers because some people thought it didn't really do anything unless you grounded your driver and let the plate affect the start position. Definitely a hot looking driver though I can't wait to see more pics without all the tape.

To me that sole plate looked like it wasn't something to adjust the face angle. Its hard to tell from those pictures but it seemed pretty far back on the head and looked to be flush with the rest of the club. I'm wondering if they were just a new take on the SureFit Tour weight system?

Edit: adwillingham, jinx!

Very Classy looking but also high tech. Not sure I like the headcover but as long as it performs like my 910 I will for sure want one of these.

I was hoping this day wouldn't come. But as of now I'm saving up for a new driver that's gonna be released this fall and happens to be black and look really awesome and contain numbers and a letter in it's name. Did I give it away?

sure is nice looking..

I was hoping this day wouldn't come. But as of now I'm saving up for a new driver that's gonna be released this fall and happens to be black and look really awesome and contain numbers and a letter in it's name. Did I give it away?

Wait, does it also have a sick looking headcover to boot?

From the pictures, the plate doesn't look like an adjustment to face angle but I may be wrong. Particularly since it is located way out by the back of the sole, I would assume that it is a weight adjustment intended to change the center of gravity higher or lower to tweak your launch angle.

that's what I was thinking especially with the pictures of the bags full of the plate/weight

Those look pretty cool actually. I wonder how they'll perform.

Back