Titleist 913 Drivers

Saw the pics, but asides from fresh paint and some graphics not much changed. They added the faceplate but other than that is looks much like the 910. What shaft offerings will they be offering?

Oh man I really like that club! Hopefully it's amazing and drops the 910's price into my region haha.

Saw the pics, but asides from fresh paint and some graphics not much changed. They added the faceplate but other than that is looks much like the 910. What shaft offerings will they be offering?

And the R11s "looks" just like the R11, and so on...it was just announced and there are next to no details on the tech out yet. All Titleist drivers look pretty similar to their predecessor.

It's about how the clubs performs that matters, not how it looks.

Just tap it in, just tap it in. Give it a little tap tap tappy. Tap tap tap-a-roo.

I have to say that I like the looks of the 910 better; I'm sure it'll be '10 yards longer' as everybody's new version is; will be interested to see the difference when they get into some hands. I hope they keep the large amount of shaft options they had last year.

I love how they put Rors On the piece of tape

Yes finally! I likey. I want to hear this driver. Love the sound of the 910

Looks great, just curious what the $$ will be

$399 would be my guess....

First impressions from a very dedicated Titleist guy....(I wish they had pics of the 913D2)

Pros
1. You can see the sure-fit hosel, so the addition of the sole-plate looks like they've added some type of additional adjustability. There is still the weight at the back that fits all the 910 stuff (I use 12 gram weights in all my woods and hybrids), but now there is the additional plate, I would be shocked if this is just a cosmetic thing, this has to be something similar to TM sole plate, or some type of new adjustability....
2. Love the new head covers, the 910D2 head covers are the best I've ever used, I love the strap across the back that allows it to easily be pulled off, that and the classic looking sock....good stuff!!!
3. I've read that they will now have two full sets of drivers, woods, and hybrids....so, you'll have 913D2 driver, 913F2, and 913H2, along with 913D3, 913F3, and 913H3 - this makes sense to me....my 910D2 driver is easier to hit than my 910F 3-wood (I KILL the 5-wood!!!!)

Cons
1. I don't like the red and white stripe on the sole of the club, this looks like it will wear poorly, the sole of the 910D2 is nearly perfect!
2. I don't like the face graphics, the series of squares looks like something TM would do, a company and/or equipment that I don't care for due to their aggressive marketing and on-going outlandish claims (they've added 15 yards every year for the last 6 or 7, if true, most people that have switched from year to year should now be driving the ball nearly 400 yards (15 yards * 7 years = 105 yards in the last 7 years)

*** What I'm REALLY waiting for is the ProV2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FB

Looking forward to hitting this thing.. Just got an email from them with the pick of Rory's driver.

I haven't really given Titleist a fair shake in their drivers since the 905 line.. Looking forward to giving this one a real test.

$399 would be my guess....

First impressions from a very dedicated Titleist guy....(I wish they had pics of the 913D2)

Pros
1. You can see the sure-fit hosel, so the addition of the sole-plate looks like they've added some type of additional adjustability. There is still the weight at the back that fits all the 910 stuff (I use 12 gram weights in all my woods and hybrids), but now there is the additional plate, I would be shocked if this is just a cosmetic thing, this has to be something similar to TM sole plate, or some type of new adjustability....
2. Love the new head covers, the 910D2 head covers are the best I've ever used, I love the strap across the back that allows it to easily be pulled off, that and the classic looking sock....good stuff!!!
3. I've read that they will now have two full sets of drivers, woods, and hybrids....so, you'll have 913D2 driver, 913F2, and 913H2, along with 913D3, 913F3, and 913H3 - this makes sense to me....my 910D2 driver is easier to hit than my 910F 3-wood (I KILL the 5-wood!!!!)

Cons
1. I don't like the red and white stripe on the sole of the club, this looks like it will wear poorly, the sole of the 910D2 is nearly perfect!
2. I don't like the face graphics, the series of squares looks like something TM would do, a company and/or equipment that I don't care for due to their aggressive marketing and on-going outlandish claims (they've added 15 yards every year for the last 6 or 7, if true, most people that have switched from year to year should now be driving the ball nearly 400 yards (15 yards * 7 years = 105 yards in the last 7 years)

*** What I'm REALLY waiting for is the ProV2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FB

Con #2 that you have listed always makes me laugh as well. It's possible to gain a small amount of yardage because of a shaft, driver head, or ball; but you always read that a ball will give you an extra 10 to 15 yards, or a shaft change, or even a new driver head... I guess if you have the right head, shaft, and ball your guaranteed another 50 yards off the tee... yea right. TM makes a great driver, but the marketing is full of crap. No pro just gains 23 yards of distance from one driver to the next without major changes, and even that is unlikely.

Last edited:
I like the look of the 913. Looks clean.

Don't know if I will be going with a 913 next year as I think I want to move to a deeper faced driver... Hence why I have been pondering the Cleveland Classic. Just have to get some cash in the bank.

^I lol'ed as well

It's certainly a design for the classy older generation. A far cry from the super adjustable R11S, and the bright Cobra, etc. I like it, but I don't feel that it'll win me over for some reason.

I like it, I hope it turns out to be an amazing driver!

I wasnt blown away by the 910 line, found them to be a bit harsh, but boy the 913 looks great. Looking forward to giving these a whirl when they come out.

I prefer the 910 look, personally. This kinda looks like Titleist mashed together with Taylormade (face) and Callaway (sole). It's okay and will probably grow on me, but I'm not knocked out by it. The headcover looks pretty swank, though.

Could it be just a 910 with a FILA paint job.
095be595.jpg

Oh yeah. Can't buy a club if the headcover is ugly!

I haven't used a driver headcover since the 975J, but if this club performs well enough to make my bag...I might actually use this one. Looks good, IMO.

I haven't used a driver headcover since the 975J, but if this club performs well enough to make my bag...I might actually use this one. Looks good, IMO.

Blasphemy. So you always go raw dog with the driver? The horror

The club looks great.

It doesn't look like the sole plate is like the TM sole plate in that it affects the club face. It looks like a weighting issue. I noticed that the 910F has what appears to be a weighted screw towards the back of the sole, which I thought was similar to the weights in the TM drivers. Don't know if that is correct, though. In any event, the 913 plate looks more like a weight issue than a club face issue.

Still, the club looks great. Hopefully I can hold off from looking at these for a while.

What interests me about the 913 is the currently unsubstantiated rumor that an GD AD-DI will be available as a stock shaft. In addition the adapter tips are interchangeable with the 910 drivers. This means I can pick up a AD-DI for my 910 without having to break the bank.

I have heard that the fairways and hybrids do NOT have interchangeable tips, just the driver.

Looks pretty close to the 910, unsurprisingly. Will look forward to giving it a swing, after hearing about shaft options. I liked the 910, just not quite enough at the price.

Blasphemy. So you always go raw dog with the driver? The horror

haha, I sure do dude! It's a weird superstition thing...years ago, I lost the headcover for my driver and the first round like this, I had a career round. I continued to play very well without it, but ultimately bought a replacement. First round with it back on, played like doo-doo. Took it back off, and boom, back to going low. The rest is history.

Regardless, if I drop $500 on a new driver, knowing what the paintjob on my current one looks like from riding around without a headcover...I will learn to get past the mental block that a headcover ruins my scores haha.

Back