What Kind Of Car Do You Drive Thread

Any of you guys with the new Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge have the 3.6 Pentastar motors?

Any of you guys with the new Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge have the 3.6 Pentastar motors?

What's the problem they are having that requires them replacing cylinder heads. They are pushing oil at less then 10k miles and you cant get a straight answer.

What's the problem they are having that requires them replacing cylinder heads. They are pushing oil at less then 10k miles and you cant get a straight answer.

I've only heard of problems with the 3.6 that are in dodge trucks and jeeps. But a couple of people I know what are engineers for Chrysler truly have no idea what causes it.

I've only heard of problems with the 3.6 that are in dodge trucks and jeeps. But a couple of people I know what are engineers for Chrysler truly have no idea what causes it.

The caravans as well. One of our fleets has had to take back atleast 6 of their vans due to oil causing misfires. They all happened right around 10k miles.

If I had to throw a guess, I would say the majority of the issue could be from switching from 87 octane to E85.

I'm a Mustang fan. I had a beautiful 93 5.0 that was stolen from where I work but I still have this one and she doesn't go to work.
005gjw.jpg
[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

Oh my god I want a terminator so badly.

We have a '91 5.0L notchback. It's ok...

I'm a Mustang fan. I had a beautiful 93 5.0 that was stolen from where I work but I still have this one and she doesn't go to work.
005gjw.jpg
[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

Even though I'm a Mopar guy, I've always liked the way these cobras look

I cried a little when the new Viper only sold for $300k at Barrett Jackson, and the first ZR1 sold for $1M. Silly.

that ZR1 is something special though

I would take a new Viper, or a last gen ACR 10/10 times over a Corvette.

I think corvette has a bigger following. Thus more people willing to spend more on a first ever supercharged vette

This is true. The Viper has always been more of a niche car with a small following.
Mopar will always be my top choice for cars, then Ford, then GM/Chev.

Although the new viper with hints of Ferrari technology is going to be pure awesome.

2008 Toyota Tundra. Can't beat it.

I cried a little when the new Viper only sold for $300k at Barrett Jackson, and the first ZR1 sold for $1M. Silly.
Was it the first C6 ZR1? Or the original ZR1? Those 69-71 ZR1 was pretty freakin cool.

Incredible car, I guess its a good long term investment. Still shocked to see it go for that much.

We are throwing cylinder heads at all of the 3.6 liters. Chrysler still doesn't know what the cause is, but having replaced about 10 of them now at my dealer, seems to be a heat issue with the left side. The exhaust valves stop sealing, no compression, mostly cylinders 2 and 4. The bad part is, putting on the new heads doesn't actually fix anything, we are just putting the same part back on without the burnt valve seat.

mmmm, Terminator goodness. That blower whine makes me drool hard!

This sucks, there is so much promise in the Pentastar engine. I guess this is just another reason to buy a Hemi... :D

Not mines, but just arrived at the dealer. 2013 M6 convert

46a42550-bcba-552f.jpg

46a42550-bcd1-ed91.jpg

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II using Tapatalk 2

$1M for a Vette? Number 1 or not, that's just dumb.

I'm sure there will be a lot of American car guys who will disagree, but to each their own I guess.

[URL]http://www.allpar.com/news/index.php/2012/06/fix-coming-for-rare-pentastar-problem[/URL]

Hopefully Chrysler has fixed this problem!

We are throwing cylinder heads at all of the 3.6 liters. Chrysler still doesn't know what the cause is, but having replaced about 10 of them now at my dealer, seems to be a heat issue with the left side. The exhaust valves stop sealing, no compression, mostly cylinders 2 and 4. The bad part is, putting on the new heads doesn't actually fix anything, we are just putting the same part back on without the burnt valve seat.

Back