Titleist 913 Drivers

I knew that would happen as soon as I give in and purchase the 912. I'll be paying close attention to the details on this one.

~Rock

Sole picture from @daviddusek on Twitter:

AwPut6cCEAEuG9n.jpg

^I lol'ed as well

It's certainly a design for the classy older generation. A far cry from the super adjustable R11S, and the bright Cobra, etc. I like it, but I don't feel that it'll win me over for some reason.

Hey GolferMahn - I think this is an interesting quote. I remember years ago, in the late 90s, I read an excerpt from the new VP of development at Nike Golf. He said (I'm paraphrasing) "we know we can't get the older guys to switch to Nike gear after playing Titleist for so many years, so we are going to go for the young guys and get them hooked on our gear at an early age, this will translate into a generation of older players that use Nike gear 15 to 20 years from now"......

Well it's been 15 years and look at the industry....

Despite the change to bright and flashy clothing, look at this list of young and very cool players and their gear.....

Rory Mcillroy - All Titleist
Ricky Fowler - plays a Titleist ball, and a Titleist putter (arguably becoming one of the most influential players in terms of clothing and gear)
Web Simpson - All Titleist
Adam Scott - All Titleist
Nick Watney - All Titleist
Bill Hass - All Titleist
Kevin Na - All Titleist
Gary Woodland - All Titleist
Bud Cauly - All Titleist (the next big superstar!!!!)

Bubba, Luke, Lee Westwood, Hunter Mahan, Louie O - all play a Titleist ball.....

When it comes to putters - Titleist shuts it down....

My favorite things about Titleist:

1. They don't update every year, so if you make a commitment to playing Titleist stuff and you buy irons or woods when they first come out, you don't see a new stick for 2 years (if I bought a R11 last year and 6 months later I was forced to watch their endless commercials this year about the R11S being "More Adjustable, Bigger, and Longer" - I would be pissed!!!!!!!!!)
2. I feel their updates are typically demonstrably better - there is a difference (not every time, but usually)
3. The updates don't go in an entirely new direction, so if you played the AP1 710, moving to the AP1 712 is not a huge deal in terms of what you're used to looking down at, but you benefit from improved technology

** Disclaimer - If you look at my bag, you can see that I'm obviously biased when it comes to Titleist...

FB

haha, I sure do dude! It's a weird superstition thing...years ago, I lost the headcover for my driver and the first round like this, I had a career round. I continued to play very well without it, but ultimately bought a replacement. First round with it back on, played like doo-doo. Took it back off, and boom, back to going low. The rest is history.

Regardless, if I drop $500 on a new driver, knowing what the paintjob on my current one looks like from riding around without a headcover...I will learn to get past the mental block that a headcover ruins my scores haha.

LOL that is pretty good. Golf is so mental its unreal. I might have to "lose" my headcover and see if that works for me too haha

haha, I sure do dude! It's a weird superstition thing...years ago, I lost the headcover for my driver and the first round like this, I had a career round. I continued to play very well without it, but ultimately bought a replacement. First round with it back on, played like doo-doo. Took it back off, and boom, back to going low. The rest is history.

Regardless, if I drop $500 on a new driver, knowing what the paintjob on my current one looks like from riding around without a headcover...I will learn to get past the mental block that a headcover ruins my scores haha.

Interesting that we are on the subject of superstition? Anyone have a problem with the number #13 being used as model number on this? Could be a issue with potential buyers, or is it just me :)

My first post... Yippee!!!

HTC One XL - Rogers

Maybe now I can pick up a nice 910D3.

The driver looks amazing. Loved the color scheme of red and black. Looking forward to adding it to the bag.

That really does look more aerodynamic than the 910.

Interesting.... hopefully it performs better than the 910 did for me. I don't know what it is, but I'm not a fan of Titleist drivers in the least.

I saw an email on this coming out, good looking club, hope it stays up to the hype.

Interesting.... hopefully it performs better than the 910 did for me. I don't know what it is, but I'm not a fan of Titleist drivers in the least.
Me either, but add Titleist clubs in general. They make a fine product but I just don't want to game their gear and I won't.

Me either, but add Titleist clubs in general. They make a fine product but I just don't want to game their gear and I won't.

That too. After experiencing them at the PGA Show I can say a few things but I'll keep it mostly to this... they weren't very enjoyable.

Good looking club. Not a big fan of the face graphics, but it is what it is. I really think Titleist has it figured out. Release new lines every couple of years and charge a premium for a product, seems to work pretty well. Maybe the 910 prices will come down some, but not counting on it.

Thanks to @Fujikuraontour, view of the clubs from the top, same alignment aid as in the past:

AwP8wQlCEAEoFqz.jpg

Wow! Look at that glare...

Looks good - but I didn't expect anything less. Glad to see that they are sticking with the same sure fit system.

I want to know what the shaft options are going to be! Hoping PX 7C3 is available.

Nice to see Rors get a new driver. Hopefully he can get back to making cuts with his new Turdleist.

Looks dead sexy to me. If money was no issue, the D3 10.5 would be in the bag, best driver in the last few years to me when I demo'd it and when I've hit my uncles D3. Shaft selection is amazing. I expect the 913 will be great as well.

Really like the address angle picture. Something about Titleist drivers just fits my eye very well.

I want to know what the shaft options are going to be! Hoping PX 7C3 is available.

Ditto. If the GD AD-DI is an option, I will be stoked. I am assuming there will be a solid selection of choices, including all of those for the 910 line, plus some new additions.

Nice to see Rors get a new driver. Hopefully he can get back to making cuts with his new Turdleist.

This made me LOL

Really like the address angle picture. Something about Titleist drivers just fits my eye very well.

Ditto. If the GD AD-DI is an option, I will be stoked. I am assuming there will be a solid selection of choices, including all of those for the 910 line, plus some new additions.

I can't imagine they wouldn't have the AD DI series as an option, considering that it's an option in the current 910 series, unless Graphite Design has something else in the pipeline that they want to introduce as the next line after the AD DI series.

Looks like these drivers will be available in November.

I can't imagine they wouldn't have the AD DI series as an option, considering that it's an option in the current 910 series, unless Graphite Design has something else in the pipeline that they want to introduce as the next line after the AD DI series.

Looks like these drivers will be available in November.

Just in time for you to get me one for Christmas!!

Just in time for you to get me one for Christmas!!

With as much money as I pay your employer....no chance. Try your girlfriend. :alien:

Back