Have been contemplating the two ball blade, how's the feedback from it?

Its my favorite putter to date. Very solid feel, and the weight is awesome. I've never had a putter that, for me, inspired so much confidence. I had always liked the 2 ball lineup, but felt the club in general was too bulky. The blade style makes this one different.

I prefer a mallet. The extra weight of the putter head helps me achieve a smooth tempo.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II using Tapatalk 2

Blade. Just fit my putting style of slight arch. Some mallets work, just depends on weighting.

Blade here yo. I don't have alignment issues like typical blade users that usually convince them to move on to a mallet.

I love the look of the blade, feel, and most importantly it gives me confidence. I feel like I can drain every putt when I'm 30ft and in.

Blade here yo. I don't have alignment issues like typical blade users that usually convince them to move on to a mallet.

Neither do I, because I use a SeeMore as well.

I can't control the distance of a mallet putter at all! I must have been playing too many blades in my day. haha. I think the thinner the better for my putters... Much like Phil Mikelson uses now.

I split the difference and go with a mid mallet, best of both worlds.

I like blades and mallets but for me it must be a symmetrically balanced heel/toe weighted design with a straight in centre shaft,no offset.I want to swing it like a pendulum and can`t understand the logic or theory of a heel shafted putter.It makes no sense to my brain at all,it seems like a flawed design for pendulum swinging.

Mallet for me right now, but I like em all.

Tappin' on my Thunderbolt

both depending on my mood but more mallet than blade lately.

I recently made the switch to mallet and am glad I did. I played a round a few weeks ago with a guy using one, and he was raving about how it helped his game so I figured I'd give one a shot. Much like the OP mentioned, I feel that the heavier weight has helped me develop a more consistent stroke. I made the switch purely on curiosity.

Although I'd played a blade putter extensively just a couple of seasons ago (Yes! Callie), I've preferred the look and feel of mallets ever since the release of the first Odyssey Rossie and the old Carbite ZG mallet.

I think the longer alinment aids just helps me more. Still, I need a modest mallet. My Rife Hybrid suits my eye perfectly. I won't go near some of the bigger mallets, I acknowledge them to be good putters but they're just not for me.

i always grab a few mallets at the putting green in the stores and hit them thinking, "i think i would like this..." then i grab a blade of the same brand and say, "nope. gotta be blade for me!"
something about a blade putter i just love. the looks and the feel...i just putt so well with them.

I've played a blade since day one and have had a love-hate relationship with it over the years. That's going to change in a week or so when my Odyssey #7 gets here and I will have a mallet for the first time ever.

I've always preferred a blade style putter, probably just out of familiarity though. I have tried a few mallet putters over the years and really couldn't see a whole lot of difference in my actual putting performance. I personally don't like the looks of the larger mallet putters either, so I imagine that has something to do with it also.

Personal preference leans towards the mallets. The hat agrees, and he likes a big putter to gaze down upon.

I have a mallet but found for me to feel as comfortable with it as I did my blade I had to cut it about 1 to 1 1/2 inch shorter then the blade

I have used 2 different models of TM's Spider for the last 4 years.
I have tried other putters during that time, but I always come back to the Spider.
So, I guess you can put me in the mallet category?

I've used a blade for 20 years....an old Ping. I'm getting my very first mallet tomorrow and very excited about it....a Rife Two Bar Hybrid. I was in Edwin Watts a few weeks ago and putted with one and loved it. Cant wait to get it in and get on the putting range.

I am using a mallet at the moment.

Definately Blade, but I do like a nice heavy blade that I can feel the weight of the putter, tried mallet and just can't get the feeling of being Square at impact. I have definately drank the coolaid on the SeeMore RST technology, but had to have blade and can't stand the look of a center shafted blade so I had to go with the RST2 style. What a putter, gaining confidence on it every time I'm out.

Well, I have a Cleveland Classics 4.5 (Blade), an Odyssey Metal X #7 (mallet), and Ping Nome (mallet). I can't really say exactly what it is about each of them as they're all so different but I just get along well with each of them. Distance control is definitely easier with the blade but I can just line up the mallets so well.

Tapping and crashing with the new updated/downgraded Tapatalk.

I have both, but the mallet is on a time out in the corner right now. It happens to the blade occasionally too. My putting is a work in progress at the moment so I can't say distance or direction is better with one or the other, though alignment has always been a bit of a challenge for me. That said the blade is still my favorite by far because of how it fits me.
Everything but the higher priced putters have felt too light in my hands until lately. I am starting to find manufacturers are adding some weight to their newer models.

Last edited:
just switched to a 2 ball mallet putter from a blade and will not be switching back anytime soon.

I keep coming back to my ancient Slotline Inertial center-shafted putter.

I don't really know if I can categorize it as a blade, it's certainly not a mallet, all I know is that it works for me.

I've tried lots of other putters, but I always end up getting rid of them and putting the Slotline back in the bag.

Back