Help Me Identify a Club

billj457

Reaction score
Handicap
OOB 18.3
Hi THP, I have been looking in my local muni's bargain bin for a blade iron for which I can practice with... Today I spotted a Taylormade Burner 2.0 5 iron and picked it up.. Comparing it to my friend's Burner 2.0's, I don't think it's a normal iron. Being a n00b here, I can't post pics but it has a different shaft (Fubuki 60 R flex) and a different stock grip than my buddy's Burner 2.0's. Any clue as to what I have here?

Hmmm, I don't think I'd classify a 2.0 as a blade. What does the text on the club head say exactly?

Hmmm, I don't think I'd classify a 2.0 as a blade. What does the text on the club head say exactly?

Sorry for the confusion, I was looking for a blade but found the Burner 2.0... I know it's not a blade. The head looks the same as my friend's... I have pics, just can't post them until I have more posts I guess

i don't think anybody would. it might be one of their older blade models, back when they called almost everything a burner..

Could it be possible that it was merely someone that changed the shaft and grip out on the club? Does the head look different? And if so, how does it look different?

FWIW, You can post photos if you host the photo elsewhere (such as photobucket) and use the URL link to post.

Sorry for the confusion, I was looking for a blade but found the Burner 2.0... I know it's not a blade. The head looks the same as my friend's... I have pics, just can't post them until I have more posts I guess

oh. if the head is exactly the same than it's probably just the same club but somebody put a different shaft in it..

Hi THP, I have been looking in my local muni's bargain bin for a blade iron for which I can practice with... Today I spotted a Taylormade Burner 2.0 5 iron and picked it up.. Comparing it to my friend's Burner 2.0's, I don't think it's a normal iron. Being a n00b here, I can't post pics but it has a different shaft (Fubuki 60 R flex) and a different stock grip than my buddy's Burner 2.0's. Any clue as to what I have here?

What you have found is a burner 2.0 iron with a stock graphite shaft instead of a stock steel shaft.

Tapping and crashing with the new updated/downgraded Tapatalk.

Could it be possible that it was merely someone that changed the shaft and grip out on the club? Does the head look different? And if so, how does it look different?

FWIW, You can post photos if you host the photo elsewhere (such as photobucket) and use the URL link to post.

Thanks JB (awesome site BTW)

Let's try:

doh

The following errors occurred with your submission

1. You are not allowed to post any kinds of links, images or videos until you post a few times.

Wow, thanks for all the fast responses everyone

It looks like a standard burner 2.0 head. But it looks like it was re-shafted and re-gripped.

That's a TMAG upgrade graphite shaft (it was probably ordered that way) and it looks like the previous owner re-gripped it himself.

never knew Fubukis existed in irons. Now I do.

That's a TMAG upgrade graphite shaft (it was probably ordered that way) and it looks like the previous owner re-gripped it himself.

I believe COLT is right on the money with this.

Back