What are your "go-to" swing thoughts, by swing?

For me, my standard is to make sure that I turn my shoulder under my chin and make sure that I feel like I am taking a 3/4 swing with a firm right wrist. My tendency has been to overswing a ton so by thinking 3/4, I am making a swing that is pretty far back. I also keep my wrist firm to prevent it from breaking down at the top. From there, I just focus on a good transition keeping my head under control and behind the ball.

I'm just thinking about my path. Inside to out for a draw, outside to in for a fade. That's about it.

Mine has changed, haha.
1. Keep your head down
2. Hit down on the ball
That's it, everything else has been causing be trouble

All full shots: full turn.
Pitching: hit the ball and ground at the same time
Chipping: accelerate through the ball.
Putting: this goes in.

Mine has changed, haha.
1. Keep your head down
2. Hit down on the ball
That's it, everything else has been causing be trouble

Mine change quite often, man. I rarely have the same thought for longer than a week or so.

I only allow myself to have one true swing thought, so it's whatever is getting the job done for me at that time; the others are just checkpoints at address. Mine is always just 1) what I found to work on the range last, and 2) what I am occupying my mind with at the time.

Having one true thought is better than thinking "I don't like swing thoughts, I like to have a clear mind" when in reality you're actually thinking about 7 different things because your mind isn't occupied.

I'm a feel player. I've tried to be a technician but it messed me up bad and I got a huge case of the "Kevin Na" yips.Couldn't pull the trigger.

Now I have two thoughts:

Addressing the Ball: easy breezy

Swing: One Thousand One, One Thousand Two

Keeps me relaxed, keeps my tempo.

Only other thing I say to myself if I start trying to help the ball up in the air, "stay down".

Otherwise I try not to think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think my main thought is to feel the pressure on the inside right heel. That helps me turn instead of sway. Of course if I don't feel it, I'm in trouble at the top of my backswing and I swing anyway lol. Maybe I should come up with something different

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Keep it slow and smooth, turn and follow through. That's it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Slow and low backswing.

Same here. Espically on the driver or 3w. If I have had a bad hole or really bad swing I try to forget about the last shot or hole... slow down, think about the next shot being positive and get comfortable over the ball and swing smooth.

when im playing in a tournament i try to get myself focused and pumped up so on the first tee ill say stuff like: See it, feel it,do it. How bad do you want it? kinda silly but it works!

Ed

other than my distance i don't have any unless things get off track then I just think of finishing my follow through

As said earlier, some of you have a lot of swing thoughts. I just hit the ball. Really. I play better that way. Just aim at the green/fairway/etc. and hit the ball.

^ This when I'm playing my best. I try to make my last thought about where I want the ball to go, absolutely NOT where I don't want it to go, and not swing mechanics.

Sent via Tapatalk on Android

One piece takeaway.
Downswing trigger.
Don't pull up / keep head still.
If a bug lands on my ball during the backswing, do a Kevin Na and start over.

Back