Odyssey Putters 2012

Well last night I went into Golftown to get a replacement Frogger golf brush for my bag, and what do I see but FINALLY some Metal X putters in left handed! Before I ordered my MC putter the only Metal X putters they had in lefty were the blade and the two ball, neither of which are putter styles I wanted to order for the MC but I rolled them just to get a feel for the insert.

To base what putter I wanted to game in the MC I basically had to roll white ice versions of whatever styles I was interested in and then judge what I wanted to game from that. Well as most know I decided to go with the Metal X DART putter, and what did I see when I got to the golf store was a metal X DART putter! It was only 34" instead of 35" like I will be gaming but all the same it was good to finally roll a similar putter to what I will be gaming. They also had a Metal X #7 in 34" which was the other putter I was looking at gaming for the MC so I had a little shootout with them, and I'm now more sure than ever that I made the right decision in my putter choice for the MC.

Alignment is just so easy with the DART system and it really just felt like point and shoot. Can't wait for this putter to get here as I'm putting great right now and I'd like to get this putter in my hands while I'm really rolling the ball well so we can get off with a bang.

I rolled the Metal X #7 and Rossie yesterday during my putting lesson. I have to say I liked both of them and I think I will be trying to give them another try at some point.

It sounds like some of us will be getting our flatsticks this week...I just realized UPS won't run on Wednesday. Dog-gone it!

Ok bought the DART last season today stopped at DICKS and rolled the metal x is it possable to have the metal x insert installed into last years dart??? I guess no proably cheaper to just trade up???

I now have 6 rounds under my belt with the MX #7, and my putting average has dropped 1 putt per round. It isn't a huge change, but its worth something.

I still maintain that she is the smoothest rolling putter I have ever played. That insert just works.

I just got the UPS email saying I have a package coming tomorrow from Callaway!!!!

Metal X #7 baby! I can't wait!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just got the UPS email saying I have a package coming tomorrow from Callaway!!!!

This is exactly what I wanted to see you post buddy! This is great that we are going to be getting our putters this week although it does cause an issue for my tourney this weekend but I will work that out on the putting green.

Can't wait for all you MC'ers to get your MX's and see what we've been talking about!

That's how I felt about the #7 as well IN...fugly. But I bet it picks up balls really well haha

I was all hyped up about the 7, I just couldn't get myself to like it. It wasn't the insert, that's for sure. Just the style, not sure if it has the right balance for me. I rolled the ProType putters again though and I definitely know I made the right decision to go with a ProType for the Morgan Cup. They didn't have the #7 like I ordered, but they had 3 blade styles and each one just felt awesome and I got a great roll. Really excited because it sounds like we might be getting these this week!

Awesome news Tim. Pic's as soon as she arrives. Does that mean Smalls is gonna be creaping out the UPS guy too !!!

Awesome news dude!!! I was really hoping that it came before this weekend as I have a pre- wedding golf outing planned and I wanted to use it and show it off hahhaa

Very cool, Tim! No email for me yet.

So got a e-mail back from oddesey and the inserts are not interchangable AAHHHH WTH...

I'm excited for us to get these putters this week and I can't wait to roll it out there. The only problem I might have is I have a big tournament this weekend and which putter should I game in it? I've been rolling my current putter really really well, and I'm not sure I want go into the first big tourny of the year rolling a putter that I just got. If it is in my bag for the tourny this weekend then that will say a lot for the Metal X Dart.

I'm excited for us to get these putters this week and I can't wait to roll it out there. The only problem I might have is I have a big tournament this weekend and which putter should I game in it? I've been rolling my current putter really really well, and I'm not sure I want go into the first big tourny of the year rolling a putter that I just got. If it is in my bag for the tourny this weekend then that will say a lot for the Metal X Dart.

Let me be the first to say...

Congrats on your tournament win with the Metal X DART!

Congrats Tim! I don't get the email alerts so I don't know if its coming tomorrow or not, but I'm really hopeful it comes before Wednesday so I can use it for my 4th of July round! Can't wait to see everyone's pics when they get them!

Heck yeah Tim! I can't wait to see the feedback from you guys about these putters...and borrow one for a few minutes during media day.

--
Tapatalk2

Heck yeah Tim! I can't wait to see the feedback from you guys about these putters...and borrow one for a few minutes during media day.

--
Tapatalk2

No problem buddy....there are a few of your clubs I will be happy to swing while you putt...LOL

Let me be the first to say...

Congrats on your tournament win with the Metal X DART!
I wouldn't be shocked man, I love that alignment system and insert.

I wouldn't be shocked man, I love that alignment system and insert.

I hope it gets there in time for you to use it....that would be awesome.

If you go to the Odyssey website its totally updated with a ton of new pics that look great of all the different putters.

Sweet thanks for the heads up CB!

If you go to the Odyssey website its totally updated with a ton of new pics that look great of all the different putters.

I'm not seeing this.

Back